• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Sceptile VS Blaziken VS Swampert

The most interesting part about these starter faceoff threads is how even they always end up. Shows that nintendo did a good job designing them, I suppose. I choose Swampert because it was the first starter pokemon I had and Marshtomp is adorable

Swampert~ It was my first final starter evolution and it is still my favorite final starter form.

I love Swampert, but I have to make a sacrifice because Blaziken with Speed Boost is awesome in battle.

Swampert is good but i dont liek mudkipz so that ruins Swampert. And Blaziken is just plain overrated.

So, Sceptile.

Swampert. Give him a Rindo berry and he can knock out Sceptile with Ice Punch. After that, he can take down Blaziken with Waterfall.

I just like Swampert the best of the three.

Sceptile. I used to find Blaziken more appealing, but I grew tired of the Fire/Fighting type for final evo starters, so I lost interest in Blaziken. Sceptile was my second favorite of the final evos for the starter trio, so when I stopped liking Blaziken as much, Sceptile moved up.

This comes pretty close for me, but ultimately, Sceptile wins out. I just think its design looks awesome, and it has excellent type coverage with its moves, too. Also, Leaf Blade is one of my favorite moves, as I like most slashing/cutting moves. Mega Sceptile also has the coveted Dragon typing, which can be put to good use.

I like Blaziken because of its competitive viability. It's in the Smogon Uber tier, for crying out loud. Speed Boost as an Ability is just plain good, and its potential as a sweeper and as a support Pokémon is high, what with its good offensive typing and access to Baton Pass. The same generally applies to Mega Blaziken, too.

As for Swampert, I prefer it for playthroughs of ORAS. Apparently it as a starter is a good choice to have an easier time in the game, and using it has made me grow to like it. Not as much as the other two, though its design does look pretty cool—the base form of Swampert is better than Mega Swampert in terms of looks, at least for me.

Overall, it's a hard decision, but in the end, Sceptile is my favorite fully-evolved Hoenn Starter—especially if you disregard the physical/special disagreement between its special-attacking competitive sets and its usage of Earthquake and Leaf Blade.

if i was asked this when i was a kid, i would've said blaziken. for some reason, the treecko line didn't sit right with me because i didn't like how frail it was and i liked how "tougher" blaziken looked.

nowadays though, it's the opposite. i like sceptile a lot more now, so it's my favourite of the three. n.n

I fell in love with Treecko because it's a gecko (which I love) and in the anime, Ash's Treecko was very cool. I believe that it was with Treecko (and Hoenn's Grass Pkmn) that I've started to consider myself a Grass-type trainer instead of just being my favorite type.
So...Sceptile! It's like a forest samurai and I loved the Dex decription.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom