• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

School Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have all kinds of school stories, I have been in more than ten different school settings my whole life. Including boarding school. O_O

Here's a boarding school story:

At the students vs. staff softball game, which fell on "Hat Day," we were all gathered in the baseball field to watch it, and since there were way fewer seats than people, we were all sitting on the hills. I climbed up this steep hill and started whacking a tree with a metal stick (practicing my "swordsmanship") and hoping that a certain person would notice me. Then I got the brilliant idea to do a "hat toss" at the tree (Spike McFang reference) and I called out to my roommate, "Hey, wild boar!" (her nickname) She turned around and I said, "Wild boar, this one's for you," and threw the hat at the tree. It missed.

So I tried to go down the hill after the hat but I slipped. I tried to steady myself by holding onto a tree, but my hands slipped off the tree and I slid down the hill. And since I was being too vain to buckle my knees, I hurt my foot really bad and walked with a limp for the rest of the weekend. When my mom asked me about it I told her "Oh, I fell down a hill." (She doesn't let me play ninja but I do anyway.)

Hmmm...yesterday in my Biology class we dissected chicken legs, and my teacher didn't give us any gloves to wear because she soaked the chickens in antibacterial soap before...it was pretty disgusting.

Yesterday in Choir the choir director complained about how we have no emotion in our faces when we sing, so he got a mirror and made everyone look at themselves.

Today in my British Literature class we were supposed to have a test, but we had a sub and she just put in a movie. :D

My school, Veda Knox Elemantary, has the WORST 4th grade Writing/Grammer/Spelling teacher in the world... *high-pitched "Dn, dn, dn!* Mrs. Streeb!!!

First, she needs Tic-Tacs, and needs to stop spitting when she yells at you.

Second, she gets ticked off about everything that's a teeny bit bad.

Third, she has a WRINKLY, OLD, UGLY face!

Fourth, her 20-something year old son looks like a leprachaun.

Fifth, she tries to act funny, and her laugh is so annoying!

And the worst part... *Dn, dn, dn thing again* SHE IS MY FRICKIN HOMEROOM TEACHER!!!!

We have some sort of novel study going on right now and the options were Fugitive Pieces by Anne Michaels, Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi, The Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger and 1984 by George Orwell. I wanted The Catcher in the Rye so bad, but I ended up with my second option, 1984 because everyone else took Salinger's novel

This random teacher called my bio teacher out of class to ask her on a date. In the middle of our meiosis notes, lol.

On Feburary 13th [aka Friday the 13th], I was in English class & we had just finished reporting on our newsmaker people for the last time. And then we spend about 10 minutes talking about how my school could possibly be haunted. We kinda told completely random stories till we went back on track of what we were supposed to be doing.

I insulted the scariest teacher at my school. It was a monday morning and I hadn't shaven in a week so I had a bit of a beard going and my A level history teacher starts to take the piss, so I said that after I shave he could take the hair remains and put it on the top of his head (he's bald). Complete utter silence afterwards.

My choir director said "I know it's hard..." and some kid in the bass section said "That's what she said." XD

I had a physical science teacher in 9th grade who taught us about current by drawing a diagram of why it hurts when you pee on an electric fence. o_O

I had a physical science teacher in 9th grade who taught us about current by drawing a diagram of why it hurts when you pee on an electric fence. o_O

Haha, didn't they disprove that on Mythbusters? xD

My school was founded in 1950-something, so half the buildings are crappy old ones. Not nice ones like Crystal Clair mentioned, but horrid, icky ones. We were the best school in NZ for sport in 2008, winning 13 national titles and a whole bunch of other crap. I hate sports, but the school seems to focus on it. :(

I had to go down to the attendance secretary's office today and when I got the pass to go down there from my 2B study hall, I was spazzing out. I got down there and found out that they just wanted to know if my mommy knew if I was out sick or whatever. I guess that's what they wanted me for. I was able to get back to my 2B study hall before the block ended.

Today was the Ohio Middle School Convention at the local waterpark resort-place. Last August, some dude invited us out to play the opening act for this convention, and we've been working on the pieces we were going to play since when we came back from Holiday Break. One of the pieces, Message on the Rock, was going to be accompanied with a PowerPoint. And there's been a skirmish going on since last week about this whole business with a projector and a screen.

Okay. Last week, my band teacher got an email saying that he was going to have to pay $75 dollars to rent a projector. He said, "Fine, whatever it takes." Then the day right after that, he got another email saying that he was going to have to pay $150 to rent both the projector and a screen. He said, "Alright, fine." Then he got another email saying that the waterpark place wasn't going to pay for a screen, nor were they going to let him bring a projector. He emailed them back asking about this, and he gets a response on Thursday evening saying that they weren't going to let him bring a screen or even hook up a projector, even if he pays for it.

So, basically, they weren't going to let him show off his shiny PowerPoint. He said that if he knew all of this crap was going to happen, he would've said no.

I remember in my freshman year, rumors were flying left and right about how some other kid had posted a hit list on his Myspace and was going to come in with a gun. Within one period the cops arrived at my school and the kid was suspended. And a petition circulated the whole school, saying that the kid was innocent and to let him come back to school. I think just about everyone signed it.

And of course there was also that one time where one of my teachers mistook my parents (who she had met before on several different occasions, FYI) for another kid's parents and started screaming about how "Willy's still failing biology" and "You two need to put your foot down". And not long after that the kid's real mom came running in screaming, "That little sonofabitch! Willy's STILL failing biology! I'm gonna kill him!" And the whole school knew about it the next day. :p

I've noticed that in our school band in seventh grade and under, the distribution of musicians goes as follows.

A midget sized percussion section
A normal trumpet section
A normal saxophone section
A midget low brass section
ALWAYS four flutes, no more
Eighty billion clarinets

Yeah. I could just imagine the parents of all of those clarinetists saying, "Pick clarinet, 'cause everyone's going to be doing flute." I mean, when I was in sixth grade, we had TWENTY-FIVE flutists. That number has since fallen by half, but let me say this.

Why does everyone have to play clarinet?! o_O

Played volleyball in gym class today. Hurt my arm when I hit the ball incorrectly by accident too. Might've sprained it or fractured it. I'm not entirely sure though. Kinda hurts when I turn it a certain way. Couldn't even take my sweatshirt off when I got home it hurt so badly.

Also left my paper notebook at home, which ironically enough, had my history homework in it. Gotta go turn that in tomorrow so I don't have to worry about missing two more homeworks and having to get another detention slip. [Got my first one for this year from my Bio teacher. :< Turning the work in for that tomorrow.]

Today in math class, my teacher told me that he was going to recommend [sp?] me for Integrated Algebra, which is basically Algebra II. This is the highest level of math a freshman can take. Now, there's Honors Math as well which is basically Algebra I (the class I'm in now) with a harder book and a faster pace. I thought I was in the lower class, 'cause the other one is an honors class, obviously... But then it hit me that I'm actually doing harder math, and thus I'm in the higher class. Huh.

Some chick in my Foods Studies class smacked my backside with a bunched up apron and then when I turned to see who hit me, she said one of the girls in my group hit me. Funny enough, the girl that she blamed never does anything like that

My BFF is in my group and she saw the whole thing go down!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom