• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sciene helps prove the perfect women. And she is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

Physical attractiveness isn't the only factor in my opinion. Character can make a huge difference as well.

I've actually read recently that beauty isn't as subjective as people think. That article was based around things like art/architecture/etc. but it applies here too. Think about it, it's not hard at all to find something or someone that a very high number of people will agree is beautiful, and it turns out that several of those beautiful things will have traits in common. For example, mathematicians consider shorter proofs to be more elegant than long, complicated proofs and architecture that contains the golden ratio (a/b = b/(a+b)) is considered pleasing to the eye.

40 years ago, we landed a man on the moon.

40 years later, we're studying about how people are pretty.

What has science become?!?

Last edited:
I'm surprised they didn't consider Megan Fox!

I'm only attracted to Asian girls. Preferences weren't a factor in this experiment, obviously.

Did most of you not actually read the article? It never said Jessica Alba or the other examples were "perfect" in terms of feminine beauty, but the average of attractiveness. There's a difference between the average of thousands of people and the opinion of a single person.

Honestly, I don't think she is that great, good looking, yes, but that beauitful, not really. I remember Brainiac TV show in UK ran a test that scientists said could prove how beauitful or ugly someone was and got 3 people, an average person, a man who to alot of people, looked ugly and a woman who looked beauitful... the results was that the ulgy man was more beauitful than the beauitful woman, now whats up with that? Science can't tell you what only your eyes and feelings can.

To be honest, I'd have Katy Perry before I want Jessica Alba, but thats just me.

You can't create a formula for beauty because a formula needs to be right 100% of the time to be correct and 100% of the worlds population don't believe she is beautiful, therefore the formula is incorrect and can never be.

Trying to create an objective formula for something that is based entirely on personal opinion (subjective) is impossible.

She´s ugly... it´s a little weird, the other people than fit the ratio have a more good looking face... maybe the cientist only put the artist than payed them and say than their faces are perfect...

So what? I'm sick of perfect women. An artificial veneer of beauty. What makes a woman beautiful is what makes her stand out. I see none of that in pop culture. I see shallow, miserable, beautiful people.

when your "opinion" is a combination of factors based on your environment and genetics, and the persons appearance is a combination of factors based on their environment and genetics, then yes you can in fact determine if someone is attractive through science. you can't tell in hindsight necessarily if someone will be found attractive by any given person, but you can in theory determine the odds that they will be based on how likely it is someone will find that given person attractive. I don't think we're at that point, and we may never be.
however that all depends on if we have free will or not, but that's totally off topic.

Closing this thread because people keep necromancing it to say the same thing over and over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom