• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Scizor vs. Durant

Reaction score
Battle of the Bug/Steel Types!

SCIZOR- The Pinser Pokemon
212.gif

The OUed, super-powerful, original tank!

VS.

DURANT- The Iron Ant Pokemon
632.gif

The new, super-fast, powerful, and defensive, bug!

Wheres my Genesect?

Anyway, Scizor.

That epic bug, compared to that ant?

Design-Wise-Its a tie, nobody would have ever expected a Steel Ant, but Scizor is just plain epic.
Appeal-Wise- Scizor, Originality all the way
Battle-Wise- Scizor, it could crush a Durant between it's pincers any day.

Over-all- Scizor.

But if Genesect were included, I'd vote for him.

Scizor for 2 reasons
A:I have a level 80 one on Black
B:I hate ants.................

Scizor, because I have a level 100 one, and it's much cooler. Durant is quite powerful, though.
Why not add Foretress and Genesect?

Scizor, because I have a level 100 one, and it's much cooler. Durant is quite powerful, though.
Why not add Foretress and Genesect?
why not throw in escavelier, if we're having a bug/steel war.

There's no competition here. Scizor wins. He's got a very nice design and I don't know much about Durant. It's kind of ugly, though.

I thought Bisharp is the one at par with Scizor?
(Ugh, I've just realized that Bisharp is Dark/Steel)

Anyway, Scizor wins in every aspect. No doubts.

Scizor is my fourth favorite Pokemon (after Bulbasaur, Houndour and Milotic.) He was the top dog in OU for the longest time. He is still one of the most overused Pokemon in the metagame. Frankly, his design is nothing short of badass.

Durant, on the other hand, is kind of forgettable. Him and Heatmor are basically a worse, more forgettable version of Seviper and Zangoose (both awesome Pokemon, btw.)

Scizor. Absolutely Scizor.
It's sooo cool looking and it's one of my favorite Pokemon! ^_^
Scizor will always beat Durant, since I don't really like Durant...
It's just... weird...

Forretress.

Erm... Anyway, I voted for Durant. Scizor has been made obsolete with the addition of the Eviolite to power up Scyther.

I keep thinking that Durant is some French name. The verb durer means "to last".

Genesect woot woot!!

I like Durant's design. He looks mean, evil and ruthless. And I have one in white :D
I like Scizor too but it's kinda dropping of below the ranks to me.

I've never used Durant, so I'm going to have to go with Scizor.

Scizor looks better and is faster(?)

But I heard that if trained right, a Durant can be pretty cool as well.

Actually, Durant's faster. And that Speed, Hustle, Hone Claws, and a good-enough movepool is pretty cool.

However, Scizor obviously has the design win. Apart from being steely, Durant looks like some generic ant. Scizor has always been admired for things like that sleek red exoskeleton and those powerful pincer-claw-things. Battle-wise, it's pretty much a tie. I'll look deeper into it later. For now, though, I'm giving it to Scizor. It was OU's number-one tank in Gen. IV for a reason.

I'm considering adding Escavier, Foretress, and Genesect to the poll. How do I edit polls? Or do I have to make a new one?

The point of the contest hall is to include all the possible match-ups, so there's no point in editing polls (only Super Mods and higher can do that BTW). If you wish to make a more complete match-up, please make another, new thread.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom