• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Scizor vs Lucario

Dr. Buni

Take me away from here...
Reaction score
TSDPjKw.png
qPKthVD.png

Scizor and Lucario are two offensive-oriented bipedal Steel-types and also two of the most popular Pokémon out there.

Whose design do you prefer?

Who is the best battler?

Which one is the most useful?

Damn, that's a tough choice.

Lucario - Well i like Lucario's wide movepool and the fact it can go either physical or special.

Scizor - A really strong physical attacker and while having low speed it can be negated with Bullet Punch, wich by the way can be boosted with Technician. And also only has one weakness.

I really like both of their designs. But i'll probably choose Lucario because he's one of my top favourite pokemon, still doesn't mean i don't like Scizor, it's one of my favourite bug type pokemon.

This is indeed a tough choice. I like both Scizor and Lucario. I prefer Scizor's design, but I like Lucario better because of the wide movepool. I chose Scizor since it's more likely to last longer in battle.

I also found it tough, but I eventually chose Lucario because I have used it a lot more and it's more versatile.

This was actually kinda difficult for me, in a sense. Both of their designs look awesome, and honestly, I might have to go with Lucario slightly on that one. As far as the best battler goes...Scizor takes the case for at least having the bulk to take special attacks in ubers, I suppose. If these two were to get matched up in a fight though, Scizor would still win due to super power. I think it could take a CC from Lucario, though that depends on whether or not Luke also has something like HP Fire, which iirc it normally never really carries. u_u

Tbh Scizor is probably more useful, but Lucario definitely has its uses so it's far from useless. Scizor just has a better edge over it, I think.

I obviously chose Scizor.

For looks, Scizor honestly has my favorite design out of all pokemon.

Scizor is also better battle wise. It has much better defense and only one weakness. It is also more versatile being a great pursuit trapper, "volt turn" member, and swords dance sweeper. It has been the most used pokemon for most of 5th gen for a reason after all.

In terms of use in game Lucario is better because of a much wider movepool and higher speed.

Last edited:
I easily choose Lucario. I've always had a liking to it, while I never cared too much about Scizor.

I like Lucario more, he's a Jedi! who shoots Kamehamehas!

in all seriousness, I can't really decide

Wow that's tough. I love both and have used both, but I'll vote Lucario since I've used it more, love its movepool and like its design a bit more.

It's not that I dislike Scizor, I just LOVE Lucario. Ever since it was released it was one of my favorite Pokémon. So, yeah, obvious choice for me.

It's not that I like Scizor, I just HATE Lucario. Ever since it was released people have been orgasming over it. So, yeah, obvious choice for me.

Lucario, enough said, I think he looks kinda cool, and he has one of the most adorable pre-evos out there, plus I'm not really a fan of bug Pokemon.

I never really liked Scizor (preferring the design of base form Scyther instead). I do kinda like Lucario, though, both in design and utility (though as much as he's a Fighting type, the Steel influence is what really dominates his defenses). I must also admit that it was his pre-evolution Riolu I saw in-game first (both main and side series) and that's basically what sold the evolutionary family on me. Prior to the Lucario family I didn't like any of the series's Fighting types. Any of 'em. Sure, I got some mileage from Hitmonchan primarily for his elemental punches, but I still disliked the general aesthetic of the Fighting type as a whole. Lucario (and later Mienfoo) changed that.

Ironically, the first time I saw a Riolu in the main series was in the BW1 postgame under posession of a Pokemon Breeder. But that verbal cry . . . that was when I decided I HAD to get one on my team. (Checked my Pokedex then basically made a beeline for Challenger's Cave, didn't leave without one.)

Last edited:
I remember, back when I was a little douchenozzle... Holding Pokemon Silver in my tiny little hands, I had no Idea what would await me.

Back then, it did not take long for me to realize that some of my old buddies got new evolutions. Steelix was the first I saw and I stared in awe. I soon got what would make my onix into a terrifying steel-beast of awesomeness. And as I got my friend to trade with, he told me about something. Something that was unknown to my young, innocent soul. I could also pimp out my (back then) favorite Pokemon with a brand new metal coating. A true overhaul.

So instead of creating a Steelix, I grabbed my good old Scyther and traded it one way and back. And bam! Here I was, waiting in tearjerking agony to finally see my all new Scyther. What greeted me was one of the, undoubtebly, best designs of any Pokemon of the time and I do believe my heart stopped for a few seconds, only to hit back into action with full force fueled by the pure, liquid happines that was now crusing through my veins, as a single tear rolled down my right cheek.

What I'm saying is: I really like Scizor.

I guess I quite like lucario, which is unusual for a fighting type, which I typically dislike. I don't really like scizor so much, though, and I make a solid habit of not evolving scythers for precisely that reason. I guess I'll go with lucario, since it is pretty neat, I guess.

I guess I quite like lucario, which is unusual for a fighting type, which I typically dislike.
I know what you mean....
Machop family = hate
Mankey family = hate
Hitmonlee = hate
Hitmonchan = meh (my best opinion of any G1 Fighting-type)

...and so on...

until you get to G4. Literally the first time I saw a Riolu in the main series (which happened to be the BW1 postgame btw) I'm like D'AWW THAT VERBAL CRY IS SO CUTE I HAVE TO PUT ONE ON MY TEAM NOW. Then G5 gives us Mienfoo (another must get) and G6 adds Hawlucha (love at first sight).

I prefer Lucario overall but Scizor is definitely in my top 10 favorite pokemon.

Design wise I'd say they are equal. You've got either a samurai steel mantis with pincer hands or a hadouken throwing steel werewolf. Mega evolution wise they are both equally cool in appearance Scizor turns into something that resembles Quick-man dual wielding chainsaw vice grips and you have Lucario who goes super saiyan and gets a longcoat made from his own fur.

It's hard to say who's the better battler since they do very different things. Scizor is matched by few when it comes to hit and run attacks while picking off weak and fragile pokemon with priority attacks. Lucario is a nasty sweeper who can punch through damn near anything once he gets going which includes some guys in the Uber tier. In base form Scizor is probably more useful since Lucario's speed is a bit average and Scizor can do more things. Though Lucario has the better mega evolution when it comes to battle.

Both are equally useful if used properly. Scizor's utility is still incredibly useful while Lucario's mega evolution turns it into Terrakion on steroids. In game Lucario is no doubt the more useful one since Scizor is very difficult to obtain without assistance and Lucario is available early and has very favorable matchups on a majority of in game opponents.

Though I think I can speak for most of us when I say I would love to see these two go head to head in high speed, high power battle in a good animated adaptation culminating in them both going into their Mega Evolutions and destroying a large portion of the area they are fighting in because they are punching things so hard.

I guess I quite like lucario, which is unusual for a fighting type, which I typically dislike.
I know what you mean....
Machop family = hate
Mankey family = hate
Hitmonlee = hate
Hitmonchan = meh (my best opinion of any G1 Fighting-type)

...and so on...

until you get to G4. Literally the first time I saw a Riolu in the main series (which happened to be the BW1 postgame btw) I'm like D'AWW THAT VERBAL CRY IS SO CUTE I HAVE TO PUT ONE ON MY TEAM NOW. Then G5 gives us Mienfoo (another must get) and G6 adds Hawlucha (love at first sight).

Agreed, and also the fighting type is responsible for ruining some fire starters, so that's more against it. But yeah, lucario's guite good and has a great mega. That being said, it's one of the only megas I've actually seen, so I don't have much to compare it to, really.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom