• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Scrapping Kris for Kotone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crystal let you play as s female, so does HGSS. Who the fuck cares about Kris, she didn't really have her own role.

They took out their favoritism towards Ho-Oh, capturing the dogs is still part of the Eusine sub-plot as you still had to show him the dogs.

As you said, God forbid they change anything in a remake, unless you wish to go with Maxim's old approach that this isn't a GS remake either considering how many things were altered from the original GS.
Honestly, its pretty easy to argue your points since you provide the counter material.

Again, get over yourself.

And again, just because they remade it including Crystal elements doesn't automatically mean: "ZOMG CrYsTALLZ rEmADE GAIZ!!!! KoToNe is KRIS ZOMGZOMGZOMGZOMG11111!!!shift!1!11!"

You people act like if they add anything GS didn't have, its not GS. It's remade, which is why I said "God forbid they change anything in a remake".
And in case your sarcasm detector was busted, I meant it as sarcasm the first time I mentioned the phrase, lmfao.

Oh my gosh. 83 pages of this.

I like Kris better. Kotone is based of Kris, not her.

I'll be back to giggle at this all later XD

2) Suicune doesn't have as high importance as in Crystal. Clear Bells actually FOR suicune anyone?

Didn't you read? Suicune's plot is not only kept from Crystal, but actually expanded. You're right, it doesn't the same importance as in Crystal -it has now a higher importance (because it's expanded and now Suicune is independent on its own, instead of being a mere pre-requisite to catch Ho-oh). They expanded the plot but you say they reduced it just because they removed an item? LOL

And again, just because they remade it including Crystal elements doesn't automatically mean: "ZOMG CrYsTALLZ rEmADE GAIZ!!!! KoToNe is KRIS ZOMGZOMGZOMGZOMG11111!!!shift!1!11!"

Funny, I remember saying it was a Gen II remake, which means that I take the stance that it is a remake of all three games split in two.

This fandom honestly never shuts up. You either raise a big stink for being wrong or make a prick of yourself for being right.

And I realise you were being sarcastic on that statement, hence why I used it every time I cite a modified Crystal aspect. Of course, if its not also a Crystal remake because they changed the Celebi event, which is your entire reasoning, then, by that train of thought, it is not a GS remake either.

Funny, I remember saying it was a Gen II remake, which means that I take the stance that it is a remake of all three games split in two.

This fandom honestly never shuts up. You either raise a big stink for being wrong or make a prick of yourself for being right.

And I realise you were being sarcastic on that statement, hence why I used it every time I cite a modified Crystal aspect. Of course, if its not also a Crystal remake because they changed the Celebi event, which is your entire reasoning, then, by that train of thought, it is not a GS remake either.

How is not a GS remake? HGSS still doesn't offer a way to get Celebi, just like GS and unlike Crystal.

Celebi was not the only thing Crystal added. There were also Esuine, the Suicune plot, and the Battle Tower. You're acting as if Celebi was the only thing that mattered.

How is not a GS remake? HGSS still doesn't offer a way to get Celebi, just like GS and unlike Crystal.
I don't know if you just have selective reading, but this is the last time I'll repeat it:

If its not also a Crystal remake because of one left out detail that was never revealed officially outsde of Japan, then all the stupid little changes on the core GS features that are available to everyone, means that, by that logic, HGSS are not really remakes at all.

And Crystal had you download a Pokeball, HGSS will have it directly from a give-away. The similarity? Both downloads trigger a Celebi-centric event, something the original GS lacked. I don't know why that was so hard to comprehend.

Stop acting like an event that I doubt even all Japanese players participated in is the sole defining aspect of Crystal.

Last edited:
I don't know if you just have selective reading, but this is the last time I'll repeat it:

If its not also a Crystal remake because of one left out detail that was never revealed officially outsde of Japan, then all the stupid little changes on the core GS features that are available to everyone, means that, by that logic, HGSS are not really remakes at all.

And Crystal had you download a Pokeball, HGSS will have it directly from a give-away. The similarity? Both downloads trigger a Celebi-centric event, something the original GS lacked. I don't know why that was so hard to comprehend.

Stop acting like an event that I doubt even all Japanese players participated in is the sole defining aspect of Crystal.

First off, Celebi is not catchable in HGSS, even with that event.
That's the difference between it and Crystal's event.
The fact that Celebi is in both events appearance or otherwise doesn't warrant equal treatment.
Think outside the box here, jeesh.

First off, Celebi is not catchable in HGSS, even with that event.Which btw I never denied
That's the difference between it and Crystal's event.
The fact that Celebi is in both games doesn't warrant equal treatment.This after saying that it is not a Crystal remake because Celebi is not in GS/HGSS. Having dex data =/= being in the game, but now you say it is a fact?
Think outside the box here, jeesh.
Says the user whose only reason is "Celebi is not catchable" to the user who says "Though Celebi is not catchable, it is still similar to Crystal (aside from having all the Crystal aspects in some form) in the sense that Celebi triggers an event in all three games"

Honestly, its like you're arguing with yourself.

Says the user whose only reason is "Celebi is not catchable" to the user who says "Though Celebi is not catchable, it is still similar to Crystal (aside from having all the Crystal aspects in some form) in the sense that Celebi triggers an event in all three games"

Honestly, its like you're arguing with yourself.

For the love of-

Did you even bother to read my EDITED post?

Way to cause a tantrum over spilled milk.

It actually made me chuckle. lol

By the way Celebi doesn't trigger an event in Crystal, the GS Ball does.
Yes the events may be similar, but only for the fact that they are Celebi-centric, but the point is whether Celebi is catchable or not in said event, and it isn't. So, it's different.

Last edited:
For the love of-

Did you even bother to read my EDITED post?

Way to cause a tantrum over spilled milk.

It actually made me chuckle. lol

By the way Celebi doesn't trigger an event in Crystal, the GS Ball does.
Yes the events may be similar, but only for the fact that they are Celebi-centric, but the point is whether Celebi is catchable or not.
You're the only one making a scene, and quite frankly if catching Celebi is the defining aspect of Crystal, since apparantly having every other Crystal feature means nothing, then I think we played two different games.

So let's see, GS/HGSS doesn't let you catch Celebi. C/HGSS both have celebi-centric events. GSC/HGSS share the same basic features. Yes, I see how HGSS is closer to GS and what I was doing was "thinking in the box"

Last edited:
You're the only one making a scene, and quite frankly if catching Celebi is the defining aspect of Crystal, since apparantly having every other Crystal feature means nothing, then I think we played two different games.

So let's see, GS/HGSS doesn't let you catch Celebi. C/HGSS both have celebi-centric events. GSC/HGSS share the same basic features. Yes, I see how HGSS is closer to GS and what I was doing was "thinking in the box"

Thinking in the box: "Hey the events in HGSS and C both are equal/same importance because they are Celebi-centric"
It isn't as simple as that.

Kotone is a separate entity than Kris because Kris is from Crystal and since Crystal isn't the one being remade(proof:lack of Celebi item/location) the retcon of Kris would be non-sensical.

Wait, hold up. How is the GS Ball's removal proof of Crystal not being remade. Granted, it won't be remade, but what I'm getting here is that...

Wait, are we going back to the, "She can't be Kris because this isn't a Crystal remake," argument? Because that argument has been done so many times it hurts. Everything from Crystal is in HGSS.

Wait, hold up. How is the GS Ball's removal proof of Crystal not being remade. Granted, it won't be remade, but what I'm getting here is that...

Wait, are we going back to the, "She can't be Kris because this isn't a Crystal remake," argument? Because that argument has been done so many times it hurts. Everything from Crystal is in HGSS.

His point is that because Celebi's GS Ball event from Jap Crystal is not in HGSS, then nothing else from Crystal is in HGSS...

That's not a point. That's a lie.

Tell that to him, I'm not the one saying that.

Anyway, I'm going to sleep, I'm tired of this and tomorrow's national holiday, so I gotta be at full power. See you on Wednesday, and cheers!

proof:lack of Celebi item/location

Wow, that's the best proof I've seen ever. I mean, the fact that HGSS didn't include an exclusive item that only the Japanese Crystal actually could legally obtain is certainly a mighty proof that this isn't a Crystal-remake. Yeah, sure.

Anyways, a bit on-topic, I still think that Kotone =/= Kris. Is there more to say at this point?

What's sad is that I'm not even arguing that Kotone is Kris, just that the user's logic on how Crystal isn't being remade is stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom