• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Screen can't detect computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferrari-kun187

prepared to pwn n00bs
Reaction score
I was turning on my dad's computer to print something out right. It showed the Acer and microsoft loading stuff then the time it usually says to login it says "No Signal". Now I'm afraid dad will yell at me for causing it. well, I unplugged the display cable but how in the world can that be a big problem!? Any help lease?

I was turning on my dad's computer to print something out right. It showed the Acer and microsoft loading stuff then the time it usually says to login it says "No Signal". Now I'm afraid dad will yell at me for causing it. well, I unplugged the display cable but how in the world can that be a big problem!? Any help lease?

Model, OS, hardware please.

I have no idea what exact model, but it's a Acre Aspire. it's a compact Desktop Tower. It runs on Vista (my best guess on the root cause.) and uses a Pentinium Dual Core Inside, 640 GB hard drive and 4 GB of DDR2 memory.

I'm guessing this is a 64 bit OS, judging from your physical RAM?

x64 is not compatible with many graphics drivers. It's happened to me; I fixed it by performing a system restore.

Boot in safe mode, then system restore.

Yea...safemode there is a problem. there is a black screen that lasts forever.

Alright, that really helped in finding the root of the problem. Either Vista or the hard drive. How new is the hard drive monitor, and when was Vista installed on the CPU? (if came with CPU, when you got it)

Not too sure, but with my older PC that had onboard graphics and an internal graphics card Geforce 5200FX, I found out the screen was plugged into the wrong graphics, if the computer has a graphics card and it does not use onboard graphics, plug screen into graphics card, not internal graphics. You may need to go into bios and disable the onboard graphics and see if that fixes it. You can try doing this without disabling obnboard graphics, when it says "No signal" on screen, switch the graphics its put into (not the one your using currently)

If the PC has no graphics card, then it might be something else

I think I found the problem: Resolution higher than it can be handled. I hear sound which means it's working properly, but i can't see crap. There is no other problem i know that causes that (sound but no video). Is there a way of changing the resolution to a lower one while I can't see what I'm doing?

I think I found the problem: Resolution higher than it can be handled. I hear sound which means it's working properly, but i can't see crap. There is no other problem i know that causes that (sound but no video). Is there a way of changing the resolution to a lower one while I can't see what I'm doing?

If it doesn't work in safe mode, then it's not the problem. Vista safe mode is always 640 x 480 resolution by default. The connection is obviously fine and so is the resolution problem.

1) The operating system and driver compatibility (speaking of which, you haven't told me if you were running 64 bit nor have you specified your graphics card and drivers).

2) Inadequate power.

3) Corrupted drivers.

If it was too high, it would say "OUT OF RANGE!". Or else it would (if its a older monitor) flicker.
Also, you may need to reinstall and back up.

I fixed it. The Safe Mode just took forever (1 hour) to start up. I learned somewhere to do this system restore to put it back to normal. I did the system restore and it's back to normal. thanks anyway people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom