• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Screenwriter hired for Daredevil movie reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrnMarvl14

Lying
Reaction score
Source.

Spider-Man isn't the only Marvel superhero-movie franchise destined for a reboot. Fox-affiliated New Regency, which produced 2003's Daredevil, has hired screenwriter David Scarpa to have another go at the Man Without Fear.

The first movie, which starred Ben Affleck, Colin Farrell and Jennifer Garner, received mixed reviews at best, grossed about $102 million domestically and spawned the widely panned spin-off Elektra.

Rumors of a Daredevil do-over have circulated since at least 2008, when in the wake of a tepid summer 20th Century Fox reassessed its superhero properties.

By pushing forward with the reboot, the studio bolsters its superhero slate -- Fox holds the X-Men and Fantastic Four licenses -- and keeps the property in active development, which prevents it from reverting back to Marvel.

Scarpa wrote the screenplays for the 2001 thriller The Last Castle and the 2008 remake of the sci-fi classic The Day the Earth Stood Still. The first Daredevil was written and directed by Mark Steven Johnson, who went on to helm Ghost Rider.

That's right...Daredevil's OFFICIALLY getting rebooted. Long past are the rumors of its rebirth, and instead we have actual fact. ...Wonder if we can get the Matador this time around.

Oh god this sucks. Well I didn't like the first movie at all, so I don't have high hopes for this one. If they can make it better then that's great, but if it's another zzzzzzzzz movie, this was just a big waste of time.

Oh good, maybe I'll get to actually see this one.

I'm pretty mad that have to give this movie a reboot but at least we don't have to see Ben Afleck again, who I think ruined the movie because he is a bad actor.

I really dug the director's cut of Mark Steven Johnson's Daredevil... and unless Scarpa's past work is a fluke, then I'd say we are in for a painful reboot.

I'm pretty mad that have to give this movie a reboot but at least we don't have to see Ben Afleck again, who I think ruined the movie because he is a bad actor.

I wouldn't call Affleck a bad actor. Just an inconsistent one. When he is good, he kicks ass. Good Will Hunting, Chasing Amy, Dogma, and State of Play are prime examples.

Last edited:
I really dug the director's cut of Mark Steven Johnson's Daredevil... and unless Scarpa's past work is a fluke, then I'd say we are in for a painful reboot.

I so badly wish I could argue with that. Purely because I hate seeing comic films fail. But considering Scarpa's credits and the relative obscurity of Daredevil, even with the movie, it just seems like it's going down a bad path.

Hence why I want Matador. Have a little fun before it goes to shit.

I wouldn't call Affleck a bad actor. Just an inconsistent one. When he is good, he kicks ass. Good Will Hunting, Chasing Amy, Dogma, and State of Play are prime examples.

Well 2003 was just a bad year him he won a rassie for his performance for all the films he worked on that year but you can blame that one movie Gigli.

Also hopefully they'll have a Villian that isn't like the King Pin who is more of a Spiderman villian, even though it's the reason why he hasn't appeared The Spectacular Spiderman maybe they could have while I did like Bullseye and there are plenty of other villians that could be just as good as him.

Last edited:
Give me a fucking Elektra sequel already Marvel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom