• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Scyther vs Scizor vs Heracross vs Pinsir

Spiny

Insane since 2012
Reaction score
I've Always wanted to do one of these. I'm sure Envoy already had this planned, but i really wanted to do this. In a battle between Heracross, Pinsir, Scyther and scizor, Who would win. I like to call this group of insects 'Swarm 500' because of their base stats being equal. Well, here we go!

In one corner, spouting a vicious horn, pair of wings and some Nasty fighting type attacks, it's Heracross!
heracross.png

In the next corner, with the deadly OHKO Move guillotine, the more defensive, but none less deadly Pinsir!
pinsir.png

The Fastest member of our group, the fastest, most vicious sweeper in the UU rankings, It's our Mantis Ninja, Scyther!
scyther.png

And Last, but certainly not least, the most Offensive fighter in the ring toninght, often refferred to as the 'Red Devil' by Players, It's Scizor!
scizor.png

Which one looks the best?

Who is more useful

In a fight between 'Swarm 500', who would win?

Last edited:
Scizor is the coolest out of all of them, and would probably win.

Scyther.

Scizor was one of my strongest Pokemon back in the original gold/silver, but he is so overused/overrated now...ugh, I can't stand it. Plus, he looks like he has lobster claws. :/

Last edited:
For me, it's definitely Scyther. He looks the coolest, He's the best for Sweeping out of the lot of them, and It's also a great baton Passer (Although Scizor is better for the latter, sporting Iron Defense aswell)

God they are 4/5 of the coolest pokemon...

Scyther for me though, just looks awesome.

Lol. Yeah, I did have it planned, but I don't mind. I was actually trying to decide who to match up with whom, but your idea of just pitting the four of them with each other is probably better.

Anyway, my pick is Scizor. Yes, it's Overused (number 1 at the moment, if I'm not mistaken) and overrated, but it's been one of my all time favorite Pokemon since it's debut in GSC. I dunno, I just love the thing. Heracross and Scyther are tied for second place, btw.

I say Scizor. It pwns almost everything with Technician-boosted Bullet Punches. But I say Heracross as well because it's plain awesome.

There is no poll and I don't get "who would win" because since when do Pokemon battle 4 at a time?

What a fail.

Anyways between
Pinsir and Heracross-Hera
Pinsir and Scizor-Scizor
Pinsir and Scyther-Pinsir
Heracross and Scizor-Scizor
Heracross and Scyther- Heracross
Scizor and Scyther-Scizor

Maybe put more thought into it next time.

There is no poll and I don't get "who would win" because since when do Pokemon battle 4 at a time?

What a fail.

Anyways between
Pinsir and Heracross-Hera
Pinsir and Scizor-Scizor
Pinsir and Scyther-Pinsir
Heracross and Scyther- Heracross

Maybe put more thought into it next time.
Thats just what I was looking for. 6 battles between each.

Although, how exactly would a Flying type (scyther) lose to a bug type AND Bug/Fighting type? It would be more like:

Pinsir and Heracross-Heracross
Pinsir and Scizor-Scizor
Pinsir and Scyther-Scyther
Heracross and Scyther-Scyther

Thats just what I was looking for. 6 battles between each.

Although, how exactly would a Flying type (scyther) lose to a bug type AND Bug/Fighting type? It would be more like:

Pinsir and Heracross-Heracross
Pinsir and Scizor-Scizor
Pinsir and Scyther-Scyther
Heracross and Scyther-Scyther
Stone Edge. Lrn2Pokemon.

Who looks best? Let's find out.

Pinsir is brown. It's out.
Heracross may be blue, but it's round. Looks a stereotypical bug. boring. Out.

Scizor has the cool reflective coating going on, is red, looks agile, buuuuuut...

Scyther has awesome feet, has scythes for hands, and actually makes green look cool.

SCYTHER WINS

Who's the most useful? Let's find out.

Pinsir is just a bug type. Boring. Weak. NO. Out.

Scyther is another bug/flying type and frankly is just mediocre as an attacker... out.

Heracross has the power and the type to hit hard, and I can see why a lot of people use him... BUT....

Scizor has one weakness and though it is fire and it's a 4X one, Scizor with Technician and Bullet Punch is a KILLER. It's incredible. I love it. Also, being part steel makes it more defensive, a better tank.

SCIZOR WINS!

Speed + Aerial Ace. Lrn2Pokemon MY ASS

Sorry did I make you angry? Calm down please. Scyther may have the Aerial Ace and the whole Flying type thing going for him but there are things like Choice Scarf Heracross and other things. Type advantage and higher base speed isn't something to automatically say "he wins, end of story."

For looks, I honestly can't decide. Pinsir looks really brutal and savage in brown with the spiky horns, Scyther has fuckin scythes for hands so yeah, Scizor is just awesome in stand out red, and it's shiny form is very cool, and Heracross is cute and strong at the same time.

For who would win / who I like the best, either Heracross or Scizor. I would say Scizor by a nose. Both have really cool type combinations and just pwn

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom