• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search is back!

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
It took a lot longer than we thought it would, but we're proud to announce that search is now available again on the Bulbagarden forums. In the end, the old search just wasn't able to handle the size of the database anymore, particularly not with increasing search volumes since the launch of GO, and with all the recent news about Sun & Moon. The process of setting up the new search engine required a full rebuild of the search index from scratch. We initially expected that rebuild to take 6-12 hours, but with the addition of conversations (PM) and profile posts (VM) to the search index that blew out to a bit over 24 hours. Sorry about that folks!

Still, at least things should be nice and stable now. Let us know how it goes, how snappy it's working, and if you notice any quirks with the system.

Oh my god! The forums is back and search is now back. This is pretty much my reaction:

fQxxDCJ.gif

Question: how does the new search engine sort the posts that it finds?
It doesn't sort them by date, that much I know.

If you click on the "Search Forums" tab, "Order by Relevance" is on by default, so I assume the search box always does that too.

I would personally prefer it if search results were listed by date by default, but don't know what most users prefer. Is there maybe a way to make it so that one can select in which order the results are displayed on the results page? Or that you can choose the order in the search box options? Because I like using the search box, since you can choose "Search this forum only" and in the "Search Forums" tab you always have to first find the forums you want to search in in the very long list of options.

Back
Top Bottom