• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Season 11 begins at April... with new opening

Battle Dimensions huh?

It's kinda corny, but with a TV that has terribly cheesy/corny names for it's episodes, I don't mind at all.

Oi, if they try to jam that title into the song, it'll be a bloodbath, I know it...

^ lol, yeah. *pictures the Pokemon lyricists trying to write new theme song*
Songwriter: Hey, what rhymes with Battle Dimensions?
-silence-
Songwriter: -.-

^ lol, yeah. *pictures the Pokemon lyricists trying to write new theme song*
Songwriter: Hey, what rhymes with Battle Dimensions?
-silence-
Songwriter: -.-

Not like they tried with Battle Frontier.

"It's the Battle Dimensions, Pokemon!"

Yay I love that band. XD

I like Battle Dimensions personally. Kinda has a double-meaning I think.

"Tears for Fears", huh?

Wow! That's a great title! ^^

Yay I love that band. XD
Heh, I never knew that pun was actually referring to the name of a band....

Meowth even used that line in "Hocus Pokemon". And man, that joke really made me laugh! XD

To be honest, I don't remember a single opening theme of Pokémon that was a "rap" persay, all of them were rock/pop themes to me.

Except for perhaps the second english theme. (We all live in a Pokémon world)

Exactly. I don't really know why everyone insists that the Diamond & Pearl opening is rap when it really only barely resembles the genre.

I HATED THE TENTH SEASON!!! I HATE RAP!!! I MISS OLD SONGS SUCH AS POKEMAN WORLD BECAUSE THEY WERE GOOD!!!

[/sarcasm]

I actually agree with Dogasu; the tenth opening is only slight rap-esque. I think the lyrics are the major problem, not the tune.

And I liked the Battle Frontier song. A lot. :p

Exactly. I don't really know why everyone insists that the Diamond & Pearl opening is rap when it really only barely resembles the genre.

It's the kids TV version of rap. Which is apparently some mutation of early 90s rap. It's still rap though - there's no harmony or melody to the lyrics.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom