• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Season 11 begins at April... with new opening

Hey.

Everyone hear is painfully closeminded to the fact there IS good rap.

Actually, there WAS good rap. Now it's whores-girls-cars-mansions-kills-money all over.

And Tears For Fears is damn classic.

Talking fast to a beat isn't music. It's a one-way conversation.

It used to be good, but now it's basically "Pimp my hoes and drugs out, bitch!". Anime rap is what corperate white guys think is rap.

But let's not get into that.

Tears for Fears? Eh...

What was wrong with "Chimchar's Tears"? lol. They could have just used that...

Except for perhaps the second english theme. (We all live in a Pokémon world)

I wouldn't consider that a rap, especially if you compare it to the Diamond & Pearl theme. The second English theme had a melody and wasn't just spoken like the verse for the D/P song was.

Pokemon World was probably rock-pop/hip-hopish.

PUSA starting season eleven like how they ended season ten - with cheesy episode titles.

I wouldn't consider that a rap, especially if you compare it to the Diamond & Pearl theme. The second English theme had a melody and wasn't just spoken like the verse for the D/P song was.

...and that's called rap.

"Speaking over music" is not rap. It's crap.

...and that's called rap.

"Speaking over music" is not rap. It's crap.
Wait, what?

Every time I hear any sort of definition of rap, it includes (if not excludes everything but) speaking or chanting (speaking monotonously and rhythmically) over music or some sort of rhythmic background.

Last edited:
I heard many songs similar to Pokemon World, always classified as rap.

Like I said before, most dub anime rap is what 40 year old cooperate white guys think rap is. It's nothing like REAL, old school rap.

Like I said before, most dub anime rap is what 40 year old cooperate white guys think rap is. It's nothing like REAL, old school rap.

*sigh* The Diamond & Pearl opening is not rap. It's more of a rock song with a little rap part in it. Kind of like a lot of Linkin Park songs, only not nearly as good.

I'm really tired of the attitude that "I hope the next opening isn't rap because if it is, it'll suck." Because one, all rap doesn't suck, and two, the reason the Diamond & Pearl opening sucks isn't because it's rap. It sucks because it has awful lyrics with piss-poor video editing, something that isn't exclusive to rap songs. Yet everyone seems to equate terrible lyrics with rap. You guys aren't even being the least bit fair.

Heh, I don't know anything about music genres, lol. That is why I'll never say things like "Oh, this opening is definitely this genre". XD

Actually, I hope Pokemon USA will go back and use David Rolfe (was that his name?). Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he's the guy who did some of the 4Kids openings, like "Born To Be A Winner", "I Believe" and "I Wanna Be A Hero" (I don't remember whether he did "This Dream" and "Unbeatable", he may have done those as well).

Anyway, I'm not sure why, but I think Rolfe has a really great singing voice. I love every Pokemon theme he's done! And I think it'd be awesome if he could sing the new Season 11 opening! ^_^

*sigh* The Diamond & Pearl opening is not rap. It's more of a rock song with a little rap part in it. Kind of like a lot of Linkin Park songs, only not nearly as good.

I'm really tired of the attitude that "I hope the next opening isn't rap because if it is, it'll suck." Because one, all rap doesn't suck, and two, the reason the Diamond & Pearl opening sucks isn't because it's rap. It sucks because it has awful lyrics with piss-poor video editing, something that isn't exclusive to rap songs. Yet everyone seems to equate terrible lyrics with rap. You guys aren't even being the least bit fair.

It doesn't help that Pokemon.com implied the 10th season's opening as a rap song.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom