• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Season 11 begins at April... with new opening

Exactly. They said that the new theme won't be rap. They didn't say anything about Season 10's opening .

Last edited:
Meh, the opening may suck (rap or not), but that's only a very small percentage of the actual show itself. That is, if you even count it as part of the show itself.

While, I'm not too fond of last season's opening, I think the in series music has been a tremendous improvement since even Battle Frontier. It seems like overall, the Dub is keeping more and more of the original music overall. Dawn's Early Night kept 17 pieces of original BGM, nearly the entire soundtrack for that particular episode.

Of course the next three episodes (and last three of the season) kept only 9, 9, and 11 pieces respectively. That was a step backwards, so it was kind of disappointing. But think about it this way. Just two years ago, we would be singing the Dub's praise if the kept so many as 6 pieces of original music in one episode. But now, keeping only 10 is seen as underwhelming.

And the Dub has taken a step back before (remember the episodes after Gruff Act to Follow), only to take two steps forward in the end. Call me crazy, but I think there's a very real chance the Dub could keep all the original non-vocal BGM continuously by Season 12.

I googled that and found a book and a song. Based on the lyrics, (and the fact the book is about US Transportation) I'd say it's based off the song:

Once there were greenfields, kissed by the sun
Once there were valleys, where river used to run
Once there were blue skies with white clouds high above
Once they were part of an everlasting love
We were the lovers who strolled thru greenfields

Greenfields are gone now, parched by the sun
Gone from the valleys were rivers used to run
Gone with the cold wind that swept into my heart
Gone with the lovers who let their love depart
Where are the greenfields that we used to roam

I'll never know what made you run away
How can I keep searching when dark clouds hide the way
I only know there's nothing here for me
Nothing in this wide world left for me to see

But I'll keep on waiting until you return
I'll keep on waiting until the day you learn
You can't be happy when your heart's on the roam
You can't be happy until you bring it home
Home to the greenfields and me once again

You can't say PUSA didn't think this through.

Exactly. They said that the new theme won't be rap. They didn't say anything about Season 10's opening .
So, what? They just said it for the heck of it? Why would they bother mentioning it if not to quell the fears of those not looking forward to another such song?

Pokémon.com's mailbag confirms that season 11 will begin in April
And that there'll be a new opening (and that it won't be a rap)
I think we might get to see scenes from the new Japanese opening before it actually airs in Japan

As long as it's not that horrible rap I don't care what it sounds like.

I though the Cacnea title was a bit meh, but judging by the lyrics of the song it fits quite well.

I'm guessing Greenfield might be the name of the filler city in the episode.

Heh, only a few more hours until the premiere of "Tears for Fears".

We're finally gonna find out what the new opening is like for season 11. This will certianly be interesting! ^^

And for the record, I hope that they keep a lot of BGM in this episode. Even though I like both the 4Kids BGM and the Japanese BGM, I really think it's sad that Pokemon USA still feels the need to replace the music in the dub (especially if they end up replacing songs from the games).

Last edited:
Hmm, I don't get the pun on that title. O.O

It does sound like it has to do with the trade though. ^^;

Not half bad. It's timed pretty well, and the song doesn't suck. Not to fond of the singer though. I can watch that for a season.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom