• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Season 18: Pokémon the Series: XY - Dub Episode Title Thread

Reaction score
Last edited:
Re: 'Pokémon the Series: XY | Season 2' (tentative) - Dub Episode Title Thread

Perhaps they'll simply do away with the series subtitles, just as they have done retrospectively by calling the iTunes release of AG "Pokemon the Series: Ruby and Sapphire".

The names have been pretty terrible for a long time now - especially with the mess at the end of BW where they were airing the wrong opening every other week with 'Adventures in Unova' on episodes set in the Decolora Islands.

Well that's gonna be awkward if they'll call it Season 18 while simultaneously labeling it as XY Season 2... personally I'd rather them just pull something like "Act 2" or something similar to that just to avoid a specific set of episodes being both Season 18 and Season 2 at the same time but oh well... (of course, that's all assuming it ends up being the actual title which as you said could probably change, although it kind of fits with them putting "the series" in the title, kinda like treating the whole XY saga as one series on its own similarly to how Japan is doing it, only that they're still counting it into the overall season count as well)

It's likely to be called something like "Pokémon XY: [insert name here]". I highly doubt it would ever be titled something like "Pokémon the Series: XY | Season 2".

I kind of hope that they don't get rid of the subtitles. While they have been weak for quite some time, I would prefer that each season gets a new subtitle since labeling it as Pokemon: The Series: XY for the whole run would be pretty boring. It sounds more like a placeholder title, or at least there's a decent chance of that being the case.

I highly doubt that will be the name.

Weren't we all speculating Pokemon Z or XYZ?

I'd actually like that other than my little issue with it being Season 18 and Season 2 at the same time. Their titles have been rather random and hardly fit and the Japanese version's way is just much better so it's good if they're adopting that, except they're still also counting it as part of the overall show but oh well...
I guess we'll know in about a month or so which is probably when they'll start airing this season. What I really wonder about is when we'll get Mega Evo Act II and the Klefki short, although apparently some people claim the Klefki short was up on pokemon.com for an extremely limited time and no promotion at all...

With all due respect, it feels a whisker too early to start releasing dubbed episodes. The difference between the original and dubbed doesn't feel that great.

With all due respect, it feels a whisker too early to start releasing dubbed episodes. The difference between the original and dubbed doesn't feel that great.
Why does the idea of episodes being released quickly not sit well? It's not like wine where the longer you leave it, the better it'll get. TPCi has always dubbed episodes quickly, so the gap becoming shorter and shorter shouldn't be a surprise.

Why does the idea of episodes being released quickly not sit well? It's not like wine where the longer you leave it, the better it'll get. TPCi has always dubbed episodes quickly, so the gap becoming shorter and shorter shouldn't be a surprise.

Wasn't the whole purpose of them taking a break to make sure they don't catch up with the originals too quickly or something like that? Not complaining, of course, but it still feels a whisker soon.

Wasn't the whole purpose of them taking a break to make sure they don't catch up with the originals too quickly or something like that? Not complaining, of course, but it still feels a whisker soon.
It's more to give the production team a break than worries about the gap. We know TPCi dubs episodes before they even air in Japan and hold off on airing them. So they already have control of the gap in a sense.

This gap is not even a new thing at all, the dub has been very close to the Japanese airings for a while now. And considering the games are now released simultaneously worldwide it only makes sense they'll want to keep the gap the way it is. (if not even get even closer, which the XY dub "preview" airing suggest they could, maybe if they stopped wasting time and effort on replacing all the background music.......)

Those short previews at the end of some of the recent Japanese episodes promoting Mega Evolutions with the characters from those specials have been dubbed and called "Mega Evolution Pokédex Shorts"

Join the stars of the Pokémon Mega Evolution Specials to learn about the powerful Pokémon they’ve encountered on their journey in the new Mega Evolution Pokédex, a series of 13 animated shorts on Pokémon TV! In these exciting shorts, you’ll see that the young Trainer Mairin has been keeping a journal of all the Mega-Evolved Pokémon her friend Alain has met and battled along the way. Plus, the Hoenn region’s Champion, Steven Stone, introduces the powerful transformation known as Primal Reversion, and Alain’s boss Lysandre has a few stories to share, too.

They are in a new section at the top of Watch Pokémon TV | Watch Pokémon Episodes Online - and also they have put some on the Pokemon Youtube channel, but given the promo for Pokemon TV at the end, maybe not all of them.

Presumably this means the second mega evolution special dub will air soon.

Would be very good if they would go back and dub what they'd call 'Professor Oak's Pokedex Shorts'.

That marathon sounds pretty cool. I'm kind of surprised that they're airing four premieres, including the second Mega Evolution Special, in one day since that's going to shorten the gap again right off the bat, but I'm fine with that. I still primarily follow the dub, so I've missed watching new episodes on Saturday mornings.

Presumably this means the second mega evolution special dub will air soon.
I'm going to proudly proclaim that as a successful prediction - probably about the only one I've managed.

I'll take this chance to complain that the first mega evolution special wasn't made available on iTunes in any way (and I'd assume also not included in the runs for non-US airings of the dub) - maybe they'll just wait until all of them are done and bundle them up like Origins. I don't have much interest in them so don't really care, but it would be nice if they were available.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing the dub of the Hawlucha episode, so glad I don't need to wait another week.

That marathon sounds pretty cool. I'm kind of surprised that they're airing four premieres, including the second Mega Evolution Special, in one day since that's going to shorten the gap again right off the bat, but I'm fine with that. I still primarily follow the dub, so I've missed watching new episodes on Saturday mornings.
Seems like they'll also be showing them in the regular timeslot, so there won't be another 'new' episode until the 28th - which will mean they won't shorten the gap by doing this.

As a part of the regular schedule, the 2nd episode will re-air on Sat, Feb 14 . So, I guess it'll be the same case for the 3rd one as well.
But yeah, I don't think they'll be re-airing the Mega Evo special.

Seems like they'll also be showing them in the regular timeslot, so there won't be another 'new' episode until the 28th - which will mean they won't shorten the gap by doing this.
That appears to be the case. Well, the gap will be shortened by one additional week, since mega evo special II will probably won't air as a part of the lineup (I'm assuming).

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom