• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Season 18: Pokémon the Series: XY - Dub Episode Title Thread

XY078: A Frenzied Factory Fiasco!
Airs: September 5
Source: Cartoon Network

So either Zap2it's listings are wrong or they're doing a double episode for XY079 and XY080 on the 12th. I'm more inclined to think it's the former.

No sign of the Pikachu special/episode/thing though.

XY079: Performing with Fiery Charm!
Airs: September 5 (In Canada)
Source: Teletoon

There was some oddness with the iTunes release schedule as well - the week the Mega Evolution special aired on CN, they skipped ahead to have A Not-So-Flying Start, and then stayed a week ahead with A Relay In The Sky, before finally having a gap this week.

The treatment of those Mega Evolution specials makes me worry that if the Pikachu special does get dubbed, they'll decide it isn't an "episode" and skip it on iTunes (and likely any DVD releases). It's a great episode, so hurry up and take my money TCPi!

There was some oddness with the iTunes release schedule as well - the week the Mega Evolution special aired on CN, they skipped ahead to have A Not-So-Flying Start, and then stayed a week ahead with A Relay In The Sky, before finally having a gap this week.

The treatment of those Mega Evolution specials makes me worry that if the Pikachu special does get dubbed, they'll decide it isn't an "episode" and skip it on iTunes (and likely any DVD releases). It's a great episode, so hurry up and take my money TCPi!

that will probably be a pokemon tv special if it gets dubed at all

that will probably be a pokemon tv special if it gets dubed at all

Or maybe they're going to air it close to the dub of the Hoopa movie.

So the Pikachu special is not a "regular episode" after all? altough it appears on Serebii's episode guide as one.

No clue why they would treat the Pikachu episode as a special episode. It is a regular Pokémon episode.

So the Pikachu special is not a "regular episode" after all? altough it appears on Serebii's episode guide as one.

No offense to Joe, but just because he sees it as one, it doesn't mean that it is.

No clue why they would treat the Pikachu episode as a special episode. It is a regular Pokémon episode.

There's nothing that absoulutely confirms it as being a regular episode. Plus, I'm sure the dub discusses things with the people who work on the Japanese/Original version, so I'm sure there's a reason why it appears that the Pikachu episode won't be airing and the only times the dub don't air certain episodes are either because if the episode involves something controversial or if it's a special and the Pikachu episode doesn't include anything controversial.

There's nothing that absoulutely confirms it as being a regular episode.
Except for the presence of main characters? The fact that it aired as a part of a one-hour special with another regular episode? When did a special ever air alongside a regular episode? When did a special ever feature our main characters?

This is a regular filler, simple as that.

There's nothing that absoulutely confirms it as being a regular episode.
Except for the presence of main characters? The fact that it aired as a part of a one-hour special with another regular episode? When did a special ever air alongside a regular episode? When did a special ever feature our main characters?

This is a regular filler, simple as that.

1. Lots of special episodes have featured main characters. There are specials that have included, Ash, Brock, Misty, Dawn, Iris and Cilan. For example, Ash, Iris and Cilan were in the special prologue to M16, even if it was near the end. Also, Alain could technically be looked upon as a main character in the Mega Evolution acts.

2. XY021 aired alongside the special where Iris battled against Clair.

even if it was near the end.
That's the important part. This episode wasn't about Ash and companions and didn't feature their daily adventures.

This Pikachu 'special' did, just as a regular XY episode.

As for Iris, Cilan or Dawn, all of those aired after they left the main cast, so it's only natural they'd be called specials, they feature characters no longer with Ash, who aren't a part of Ash's current group of companions.

Also, Alain could technically be looked upon as a main character in the Mega Evolution acts.
Alain is the main character of the specials, not a main character of XY anime. He doesn't really count.

My bad, forgot about that one.

That's the important part. This episode wasn't about Ash and companions and didn't feature their daily adventures.

This Pikachu 'special' did, just as a regular XY episode.

As for Iris, Cilan or Dawn, all of those aired after they left the main cast, so it's only natural they'd be called specials, they feature characters no longer with Ash, who aren't a part of Ash's current group of companions.

Also, Alain could technically be looked upon as a main character in the Mega Evolution acts.
Alain is the main character of the specials, not a main character of XY anime. He doesn't really count.

My bad, forgot about that one.

Sure Ash's friends appeared in those episodes after they left, but the point is that they are main characters and they were still the focus of those specials.

[Sure Ash's friends appeared in those episodes after they left, but the point is that they are main characters and they were still the focus of those specials.
That is not my point.

This can't be a special since it features Ash and the current companions. If this episode featured Iris, Dawn, Cilan, Alain or anyone else and didn't feature Ash and his current companions, then I'd be free to call it a special. But since it features Ash and his current companions, the main cast of XY, this makes it just a regular XY episode. There is no reason to call this episode a special. It revolves around the XY group in XY series - that's not special, that's a regular Pokémon episode.

[Sure Ash's friends appeared in those episodes after they left, but the point is that they are main characters and they were still the focus of those specials.
That is not my point.

This can't be a special since it features Ash and the current companions. If this episode featured Iris, Dawn, Cilan, Alain or anyone else and didn't feature Ash and his current companions, then I'd be free to call it a special. But since it features Ash and his current companions, the main cast of XY, this makes it just a regular XY episode. There is no reason to call this episode a special. It revolves around the XY group in XY series - that's not special, that's a regular Pokémon episode.

But who's to say that a special can't feature Ash and co.? There are other reasons why it might not be just a regular episode. It's not like this episode includes anything important, the episode unlike other episodes featuring the main cast during the series that the same main cast were featured in, had a different format, with there being four parts two it, each with different titles.

But who's to say that a special can't feature Ash and co.?
In that case, we might as well call any other episode a special.

There's a reason why Ash and the current saga companions aren't present in special episodes. Because they're special. They deal with different characters and different events and are not part of the ongoing series.

This episode is clearly a part of the XY series. Literally no real reason to call it a 'special'.

It's not like this episode includes anything important, the episode unlike other episodes featuring the main cast during the series that the same main cast were featured in, had a different format, with there being four parts two it, each with different titles.
It's a filler episode that had a slightly different format, so what?

Also, here's a post by Sunain:

1-hour and 2-hour Japanese episodes have always been called specials. Some of the specials are actually given names. This special name also unfortunately was taken out of context as being a 'Movie special'. This does not mean that the actual episodes themselves are specials just that the original combined airing was a special broadcast.

The Rental DVD information is out now as well which confirms that it is a XY episode as we've always said it was.
ポケットモンスターXY 第27巻 - Pocketmonsters.Net

It dosen't matter what we think makes it a special and what we think makes it a regular episode. The writers make the desicion, any episode could be a special if they said so: that is the only criteria needed.

In that case, we might as well call any other episode a special.

There's a reason why Ash and the current saga companions aren't present in special episodes. Because they're special. They deal with different characters and different events and are not part of the ongoing series.

This episode is clearly a part of the XY series. Literally no real reason to call it a 'special'.

No, but this can be considered a special, due to it's format.

It's a filler episode that had a slightly different format, so what?

So what? What other episode has had a format that was the same as that or something similar to that?

Also, here's a post by Sunain:

1-hour and 2-hour Japanese episodes have always been called specials. Some of the specials are actually given names. This special name also unfortunately was taken out of context as being a 'Movie special'. This does not mean that the actual episodes themselves are specials just that the original combined airing was a special broadcast.

The Rental DVD information is out now as well which confirms that it is a XY episode as we've always said it was.
ポケットモンスターXY 第27巻 - Pocketmonsters.Net

I fail to see how that ultimately means that it's a regular episode, just because it's not specifically referred to as one.

Also, this episode could be a special due to it's small connection with the latest movie, which aired neared the same time that the dvd for the movie's prologue was released and both the movie and the Pikachu special included lots of Pikachu's and all five of the different costume Pikachu's.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom