• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Season 18: Pokémon the Series: XY - Dub Episode Title Thread

Re: 'Pokémon the Series: XY | Season 2' (tentative) - Dub Episode Title Thread

Just posting to inform the thread that the airdates for XY024, XY051, and SS031 should be changed on Bulbapedia to reflect the new information we have received.

I just wonder how we're going to list the episodes of Season 18 if Season 18 is also called "Pokémon the Series: XY"? Would we have to combine the episodes into one category and have them all part of Season 17 on Bulbapedia? Or have footers below each of them?

'Cause I do have a feeling that season 18 will be called "Pokémon the Series: XY" as well.

Even if the season's name does not change, the episodes will still most likely be separated.

According to Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld (Bonnie's English VA), XY049 was the last episode of Season 17. Seasons are an invention of the dub, so if a spokesperson of the dub says XY050 begins Season 18, then a separation is necessary for accuracy purposes.

Seasons have absolutely nothing to do with opening songs and/or titles and/or arcs so no that doesn't matter if they keep or change the title. And it's not like Bulbapedia really cares about the official seasons anyway. (but I think we kinda have another thread for that on the news forum so I guess better keep that discussion there)

Seasons have absolutely nothing to do with opening songs and/or titles and/or arcs so no that doesn't matter if they keep or change the title.
Again, you have no grounds to say such things. Seasons can go by opening songs and/or titles and/or arcs. Just because you and a meager group of other users (Less than five at best) think it isn't official doesn't make you right. You even admitted yourself that this opinion of yours is a very unpopular one.

Bless you for being pretty much the one and only person online except of me to acknowledge the "official" seasons
So yeah, kindly stop trying to lie about which orders are official online when you don't even have the numbers to back you up. There's more than one official order, get over it.

Do not bring in the debate of season numbering here. There have already been problems with this discussion elsewhere and I do not want it to come up here as well. So please drop the subject. Any further discussion of this issue here will be subjected to deletion/infractions.

I came across this earlier today. While we don't have an air date or an official title for the season, CN's official website has labelled the upcoming season as 'Pokémon the Series: XY | Season 2'. It could very well be a tentative title or simply a placeholder, so take it with a grain of salt for now.

Pokémon the Series: XY | Season 2 (the one with the title)
Pokémon the Series: XY | Season 18

Seems like it is the title. Pokemon.com just updated this past hour with this link: Pokémon the Series: XY | Pokemon.com

I'm not too surprised. I saw a promo for the new season on Cartoon Network on Saturday that just said it was a season premiere without giving it a new title. A part of me is kind of disappointed since I liked that they've had subtitles for each new season since Johto Journeys, but at the same time, they've been clearly stretching to find new titles for the past few years. It was especially obvious with the last title for BW's third season, so another part me doesn't mind that too much. I just hope that we still get a new opening theme song. I like the remix of the original opening, but I would like to hear a new opening with every season, despite how most of the TPCI opening themes have been lacking.

Seems like it is the title. Pokemon.com just updated this past hour with this link: Pokémon the Series: XY | Pokemon.com
Yeah, that seems to be the case.

Even for this article, they've used:
* A new season of Pokémon the Series: XY
* next exciting season of Pokémon the Series: XY
* New episodes from Pokémon the Series: XY

I'm somewhat curious if they'll simply stick to Pokémon the Series: XY (official Pokemon website) or Pokémon the Series: XY - Season 2 (CN's site)

Not that any of us had a reason to think otherwise, but the summary on Pokemon.com makes it clear that they're not going to retcon "An Undersea Place to Call Home" into later on in the series:

Before Ash’s battle against Grant at the Cyllage City Gym, our heroes visit the Muraille Coast, the suspected site of a ship that sank long ago. Ash and Serena join an underwater archeologist in her submarine to look for the lost luxury liner. What they find is breathtaking to behold! Wild Water-type Pokémon have made the shipwreck into a home under the sea, and more recently, so has Team Rocket...

Yeah, that seems to be the case.

Even for this article, they've used:
* A new season of Pokémon the Series: XY
* next exciting season of Pokémon the Series: XY
* New episodes from Pokémon the Series: XY

I'm somewhat curious if they'll simply stick to Pokémon the Series: XY (official Pokemon website) or Pokémon the Series: XY - Season 2 (CN's site)

I think they are taking a page from Japan and are doing what happened to Best Wishes. It is definitely a first for the English dub. There are questions unanswered like if they will append "Season 2" to the title. If it is the case that they are making the English adaptation closer to Japan's , then I wonder if they will do a remix of the theme song and call it, "Pokémon Theme (Version XY) 2015". I guess I am looking into it too much, but you can always hope. The only way to find out for sure is to wait for the episode to air.

I think we will get a new song, after all, the first two dub openings had the same "Pokemon" logo whitout any subtitle. Also, they could change the images but leave the same song, like in most occidental shows.

I'm pretty sure we're going to get a completely new song for the opening of season 18 and possibly have sections from the Japanese version. Well, there's only 1-and-a-half more hours to go before "Pathways to Performance Partnering!" begins in US Eastern Time.

Not that any of us had a reason to think otherwise, but the summary on Pokemon.com makes it clear that they're not going to retcon "An Undersea Place to Call Home" into later on in the series:
They kinda did in the end by having the initial narrator intro be in the past tense, which is far better than trying to change the actual events of the episode.

XY053: A Race for Home!
XY054: Facing the Grand Design!
XY055: A Slippery Encounter!
XY056: One for the Goomy!

Four new English dub episode titles revealed - Bulbanews

Edit: Zap link goes down every now and then. So, if it's not working:
b9jumKz.png

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom