• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Season 18: Pokémon the Series: XY - Dub Episode Title Thread

So now we know when the dub of the Hoopa movie is going to air, it will either be near or at the same day as the Pikachu movie episode.

It's not the first time TPCI moved a regular episode in order to promote something near the air date (see the Pokémon Ranger episodes).

It's the Diamond & Pearl Riolu two-parter all over again!

Which means it has a chance to work out excellently like the Riolu two-parter did.

By the way, I'm hoping TPCi will cast Rodger Parsons (the narrator) as the director. I won't be disappointed if they don't, though.

Last edited:
I assume XY087 is on November 7th, then? So they're putting the Cosplay Pikachu stuff in the middle of the Eevee/Serena mini-arc. Can't say I'm too happy with the placement really.

It's not like the Eevee capture episode took place right BEFORE the next episode, in that it ended on a cliffhanger where we saw Shauna and Tierno or at Anistar City.

But most likely they changed the time to give more time to edit the episode, so it feels more like an actual normal episode, rather than a unique episode, but I guess we'll see.

XY087: A Trip Down Memory Train!
Airs: November 7
Source: Teletoon

So...It's semi-confirmed that season 18 will end on XY092? That's unexpected. Maybe TPCi wanted SME4 to air before XY093 but couldn't get it in time like SME03 (it aired 10 episodes after it should have been aired).

By the way, I'm secretly hoping that the Megaevolution specials are retconned as the first 4 episodes of Season 19, so many dubs around the world can get an access to them.

So...It's semi-confirmed that season 18 will end on XY092? That's unexpected.
It kind of makes sense, considering that XY&Z is a brand new series in Japan with a brand new opening, the dub may not want to continue until the full season length for a couple of reasons.

1. They have a VERY outdated opening, with Froakie in it and Fletchinder. Frogadier/Goomy/Sliggoo/Noibat got screwed over (as well as Clemont and Serena's Pokemon). But hey when they use the XY&Z opening at a time they'll be matched with the current team.

2. Would honestly be better, give the dub a month or two break (giving the dub and original more gap time) and then jump right into a brand new season with brand new stuff.

3. Yeah and as I said, since Japan is treating XY&Z as a brand new series, it would make sense for the Dub to treat it as a brand new season.

It kind of makes sense, considering that XY&Z is a brand new series in Japan with a brand new opening, the dub may not want to continue until the full season length for a couple of reasons.

1. They have a VERY outdated opening, with Froakie in it and Fletchinder. Frogadier/Goomy/Sliggoo/Noibat got screwed over (as well as Clemont and Serena's Pokemon). But hey when they use the XY&Z opening at a time they'll be matched with the current team.

2. Would honestly be better, give the dub a month or two break (giving the dub and original more gap time) and then jump right into a brand new season with brand new stuff.

3. Yeah and as I said, since Japan is treating XY&Z as a brand new series, it would make sense for the Dub to treat it as a brand new season.
The official Pokemon website blurb for XY092 confirmed that it is the final episode for the season.
In the last episode of the season, Ash is finally ready to square off against Gym Leader Olympia for the Anistar Gym badge. It’s a fierce Double Battle between two very talented Trainers. Does he have what it takes to claim the Psychic Badge that he’ll need before he can enter the Kalos League?

why does there need to be a bigger gap that wouldn't help the original or the dub

why does there need to be a bigger gap that wouldn't help the original or the dub

Taking a break would help the dub in that they'd possibly have more time to work on more episodes. The gap as it is right now is really small with the dub only being eight episodes behind the Japanese version. Taking a bit of a breather for a month or two at most wouldn't really hurt. They can't be expected to make the gap even shorter at this point.

I'm pleasantly surprised that the next Mega Evolution special is going to air this year. I was so sure it was going to happen in January or whenever the new season starts, so that's awesome.

Taking a break would help the dub in that they'd possibly have more time to work on more episodes. The gap as it is right now is really small with the dub only being eight episodes behind the Japanese version. Taking a bit of a breather for a month or two at most wouldn't really hurt. They can't be expected to make the gap even shorter at this point.
Yes this, I mean as much as I enjoyed the Dub only being 2 months away from the original. I feel like that short of gap, might be hard on dubbing, so a few months break would give everyone a little time for themselves, and then they can get right back into it. So I imagine it as a little vacation.

Doesn't the dub pretty much sound the same though no matter how many episodes behind it is? I don't remember ever watching a new dub episode after a long break and thinking that everyone sounds more refreshed or that the script's gotten any better.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom