• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Season 19: Pokémon the Series: XYZ - Dub Title Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
XY124: A Gaggle of Gadget Greatness!
Source: Zap2it

XY125: A League of His Own!
Source: Zap2i5

As always, thanks to nhjm for this batch:

XY127: Analysis Versus Passion!
XY128: A Riveting Rivalry!
XY129: Kalos League Passion with a Certain Flare!
XY130: Finals Not for the Faint-Hearted!
XY131: Down to the Fiery Finish!
XY132: A Towering Takeover!
XY133: Coming Apart at the Dreams!
XY134: The Right Hero for the Right Job!
XY135: Rocking Kalos Defenses! (its Japanese title is yet to be announced)

PS: Please keep in mind that these are tentative, and may change in the future.

Even if they are tentative, I can't help but take pride in the fact that an episode got its dub title revealed before its original title.
...Why do I find this so uproariously hilarious? This makes the Ash vs Roxie two parter (dub title revealed before original airing, to give a reminder) look like nothing.

...Why do I find this so uproariously hilarious? This makes the Ash vs Roxie two parter (dub title revealed before original airing, to give a reminder) look like nothing.
I believe XY014's dub title was also revealed before its Japanese airing, but yeah, since these title are always correct, unless I'm missing something, this happening is pretty unique.

Despite the absolutely uncalled for ending, Down To The Fiery Finish is a much better title that isn't completely baiting like the Japanese title was.
But it wasn't baiting. It implied a victory, not that Ash would be the victor.

Also, I quite like the titles, but I don't really understand the reference in XY133's title. Is it referencing Alain's dream of becoming stronger disappearing, because he realised that while he was getting stronger, he was helping an evil organisation to cull a whole heap of the worlds population? Because if so, then that's a pretty deep cut.

With no surprise, Adyniz and nhjm are right again.

XY127: Analysis Versus Passion!

XY128: A Riveting Rivalry!

XY129: Kalos League Passion with a Certain Flare!

And XY130 and XY131's dub titles have been officially confirmed as well.

XY130: Finals Not for the Faint-Hearted!

XY131: Down to the Fiery Finish!

Final (tentative) batch, courtesy of nhjm:

* Facing the Needs of the Many!
* Till We Compete Again!
* The Legend of X, Y, and Z! (side story)

No mention of Cilan episode.

Wait what? they are airing that special but not the Cilan one?
I hope they announce it soon as if it doesn't air, then no Serena special dub too (IF IT WILL HAPPEN!)

I'm a bit surprised that they're dubbing the side story, but at the same time, it does feature some Legendary Pokemon that weren't in the series and they'd probably see it as the last chance to promote some sixth generation Pokemon before jumping into SM.

I sadly wouldn't be surprised if they didn't cover the Cilan special since they've basically skipped all of the specials involving previous companions returning since those DP specials. It's kind of a shame since older characters aren't guaranteed to appear in the series proper anymore. That might be for the best story wise since the show doesn't have to create reasons for characters to randomly show up for a few episodes and specials can focus on them more so than they potentially could in the series proper. But it is still kind of a bumper for people who just watch the dub and thus might not get a chance to see some of their favorite characters again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom