• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.
  • We're launching a brand new series on the official Bulbagarden YouTube Channel! Watch here as AussieEevee attempts the Nuzlocke Challenge in HeartGold.
  • The forums' software will be updated on December 9th, 2019 and may be down for several hours to multiple days for this process. Thank you for your patience, we hope this update will improve your experience here.

Why not join us over on discord during the downtime?

Season 20: Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon - Dub Episode Titles Thread

Stranded
Reaction score
  • Staff
SM001: Alola to New Adventure!
"What begins as a vacation on Melemele Island in the Alola region turns into the promise of many, many exciting adventures to come. "

SM002: The Guardian's Challenge!
"Ash and Pikachu adjust to life in the Alola region and meet their new classmates. But, when his Z crystal is destroyed during a battle, Ash must undergo an island challenge trial to earn a new one. "

Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon
will premiere next Sunday at 12 p.m. on CITV.

Reaction score
SM001: Alola to New Adventure!

Very good title overall. I like the pun since the region is fittingly called Alola and Alola is also a greeting. Only thing I'd suggest is adding an "s" to "Adventures". It's a given that Ash will have more than adventure there. But it's a small nitpick. While it drops the mention of Starting Island and Starter Pokémon, I think this title gets the point across without dragging out too long.

SM002: The Guardian's Challenge!

Again, very good title. While it completely forgoes mention of Tapu Koko and Z-Moves, sometimes too much information is a bad thing. This is technically a great translation of the Japanese title while omitting the spoiler-y details. And most of all, no puns!

Overall, TPCi has started off with some very good episode titles. Let's hope they keep the ball rolling when the dub finally starts airing SM weekly.

Always happy to help
Reaction score
Love the fact the UK is getting a sneak preview

21 years...... Still here!
Reaction score
The titles are looking so fine and can't wait next week to especially hear the voices for these people!

ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴀᴍᴇ'ꜱ ᴘᴏɴᴅ, ᴊᴀᴍᴇꜱ ᴘᴏɴᴅ
Reaction score
Hopefully the voice acting this season will be decent. If they can reflect pre-Battle Frontier days, I'll be set.

The titles also sound good. It may be unlikely, but if the English titles could go back to including puns and plays on words, that would be awesome.

Reaction score
Wow, didn't expect the UK to get dubs before the US, correct me if I'm wrong, but the UK dubs are the same as the US dubs right or are they different?

Reaction score
Wow, didn't expect the UK to get dubs before the US, correct me if I'm wrong, but the UK dubs are the same as the US dubs right or are they different?
Yeah, the UK just uses the US dub with the English cast (Sarah Natochenny and co.).
Some of XY episodes like Coming Back Into the Cold and Climbing the Walls aired in the UK before they aired in the US on Cartoon Network.

Destroyer of Fairy, Steel and Ice types.
Reaction score
Titles look good. I want to see how well this series stacks up to ones like Sinnoh.

Prepare for over-used stock animation!
Reaction score
Wait so I'm lost, is there no word yet on if these are airing on CN in the United States as a sneak peak?

Dragon Pokémon
Reaction score
Wait so I'm lost, is there no word yet on if these are airing on CN in the United States as a sneak peak?
That is correct. What has been confirmed is that the English dub of the first two Sun&Moon episodes will air in the UK on the 20th.

Reaction score
WTF, why it isn't airing in the US as a sneak peek, that's weird :( CN failed big time.

Reaction score
Come in, TPCI, I can't believe you have once again messed this up. These scenes were supposed to be funny and lighthearted, not super serious and intense.

Reaction score
TPCi uploaded an English Dub trailer for Season 20's Sneak Peek in the UK on their YouTube Channel:
This literally is way different than how the Japanese trailers made the show seem.... BUT IT WAS AWESOME!!!! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

21 years...... Still here!
Reaction score
Awesome trailer Dub!! Really can't wait for this weekend Bruh :)

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
Come in, TPCI, I can't believe you have once again messed this up. These scenes were supposed to be funny and lighthearted, not super serious and intense.
I wouldn't say they stuffed up or have stuffed up yet, since there are dramatic parts in the Sun and Moon anime, like when Ash and Kiawe battled Team Skull and when Ash battled Tapu Koko. The anime is a bit more lighthearted, but it still has its equal share of dramatic moments as well. When Ash was with Professor Kukui there weren't any comedic moments, I don't think there were many when Ash and co. were eating before Tapu Koko showed up and even the part where Ash was being chased by Bewear had dramatic music and I think that part wasn't completely comedic, seeing as Ash could have been seriously injured if Bewear hit Ash.

Reaction score
OK, after a little more listening, I can kinda guess who Mallow's VA is, while the guys from Team Skull is kinda hard, but I need a little more evidence on it

Reaction score
It was the trailer of a comedy show. tpci is really generating fake hype these days... first it's parent company did it with the league and now with the next series.

Administrator
Reaction score
It was the trailer of a comedy show. tpci is really generating fake hype these days... first it's parent company did it with the league and now with the next series.
I think that there's a difference between a comedy series and a light-hearted series. Even in the Japanese promos and trailers, there are some serious moments. It's not a wacky slice of life comedy series with Pokemon thrown into the mix, so I don't think that they're generating fake hype. They want to make the new series look cool for kids and that's what they did.

I liked the trailer. The music was good and I liked hearing a bit of the dub, although we only heard the dub voices for Mallow and the Team Skull grunts. I figured that they'd keep the whole Pokemon The Series given how they've put that label on the other series. A part of me does kind of miss the dub subtitles, but they were clearly struggling to come up with new ones during BW, so it was probably for the best to just go with Pokemon The Series: Insert game titles here instead.