• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.
  • The forums' software will be updated on December 9th, 2019 and may be down for several hours to multiple days for this process. Thank you for your patience, we hope this update will improve your experience here.

Why not join us over on discord during the downtime?

Season 20: Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon - Dub Episode Titles Thread

Editing Bulbapedia
Reaction score
SM034: A Crowning Moment of Truth!
Airs on October 7
Source: Disney XD Calendar

21 years...... Still here!
Reaction score
This title reminds of that one title from XY called "The Moment Of Lumiose Truth", the gym battle against Clemont. Seems as if were getting more reference titles from other series just like episode 30's title being one from Battle frontier.

Reaction score
SM032: I guess it fits, but I wish they went easy on the "style" titles. "Stoutland Style" would make more sense anyhow.
SM033: This one is actually kind of unique and references Wishiwashi's species name, so it gets a thumbs up from me!
SM034: A Crowning Achievement + Lumiose Moment of Truth? Eh, could be worse.

Darth Ignis
Reaction score
I see what TCPi did there. The episode featuring Ash's Rockruff evolving into dusk form Lycanroc will be right before the release of USUM.

Editing Bulbapedia
Reaction score
SM035: Currying Favor and Flavor!
Airs on October 14
Source: Zap2it

Reaction score
I'll give TPCi credit for trying to adapt the curry pun, at least.

Majestic
Reaction score
SM036: Trials and Determinations!
Airs on October 21

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
Okay, I like most of the titles, but this one is just plain stupid. We get it, you can reference the cliché that is Trials and Tribulations, but you don't have to make a pun out of it for everyone of these trials. Surely they can come up with a better pun at the very least. Pathetic.

Yeah, which is a few weeks in advance of the November release of the games.
Yeah, but a month isn't right before.

SM037: Rising from the Ruins!
Airs: October 28

Reaction score
Maybe someday we'll get more episode titles. Zap2it seems to be choking lately.

BTW: I think SM044 might be the beginning of a new season. It seems like a good place to begin with the new version of Alola in the Japanese version.

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
We have had a lot of future episode titles lately, especially compared to couple of months ago. Also, it seems there will be a break after SM037.

Editing Bulbapedia
Reaction score
SM038: Mimikyu Unmasked!

Zap2it says it'll air on November 12 (which is a Sunday) but has an unnamed episode airing on the 11th. Break likely being taken for the movie.

EDIT: The Disney XD Calendar lists it on November 4.

Last edited:
Always happy to help
Reaction score
Not a bad title, just wish I could help on Bulbapedia

Reaction score
Why they would take a break for a movie that's premiering on cinemas? (aside of wanting to follow Japan's footsteps)