• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Season 20: Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon - Dub Episode Titles Thread

SM040: Balloons, Brionne, and Belligerence!
Airs: November 18, 2017
Source: Disney XD Calendar

TPCi, please stop. If you want to teach kids the alphabet, go on and produce a preschool TV show. After all, you already have the right music for it.

SM041: Mounting an Electrifying Charge!
Airs: Novemer 25
Source: Zap2it

SM042: Alola, Kanto!
Airs: Novemer 25
Source: Zap2it
So, a one-hour special we have here. I guess the SM043 will be the last episode for this season. Next one will be SM044 where a new season begins.

I have no idea why Disney would decide to air 41 and 42 back-to-back. I totally thought it would be 42 and 43 with some kind of nostalgia marathon or something to go with it. Just doesn't make any sense to me.

As for the titles:

SM041: Bad. There are so many racing puns available and they go with that? Hate it.
SM042: It's simple, but it's cute. But I am a sucker for how "Alola" is used for the region and the greeting, so I like it.

Episode 41's title reminds me of one from Season 10 called "Mounting a Coordinator Assault" only this one in particular isn't a contest episode, good one.
Episode 42's title YES!! It is time for possibly my newest hyped episode yet can't wait, great title by the way:D So a one-hour special and we get the 20th movie on TV... this is looking like a good end to the year so far.

SM042: To be honest, probably the least creative title they could've come up with.

It's also one of the more closely-translated titles this season :p

And yeah I agree it's weird that if they're doing a one-hour special it's SM042 and SM041 instead of 043. I would say it could be a mistake in the schedule but I'm not sure how they would mix something like that up...

It's also one of the more closely-translated titles this season :p
True. It does remind me of the BW and XY days where they would use half of the Japanese title for the dub title.
Still, it is rather predictable.
Since the movie is also airing later on the 25th, I guess the Kanto-located movie airing while Ash is in Kanto is something that made sense to whoever scheduled this.
Except for the part where they take place in two different continuities, but I guess there's nothing to be done about it now.

What's also weird is from what I've seen the dub has been playing up the film as Ash's actual "origin story" while I always felt in Japan they advertised it more as an "alternate re-telling" of Satoshi's beginning, implying it was an AU.

So the fact that they're airing the first episode in years that has solid continuity right next to the AU movie that they aren't advertising as an AU but a legitimate origin story is hilarious and completely fitting for this dub.

It seems like they're might be a break before SM043, with SM042 still being listed on the 2nd of December.

Wait so it airs on the 25th and repeats on the 2nd?
It seems that way. That or both episodes are listed as such and are a part 1 and 2 thing, but I doubt it. It could still be a mistake, but I think this is the third time the page has been updated.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom