• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Season 20: Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon - Dub Episode Titles Thread

But they don't have to. If Teletoon can, so can Disney XD.

Again, Teletoon has already completed several runs of XY and Disney XD has yet to once. While the SM games may be out, XY is still very relevant in the TCG and whatnot. That's probably the reason why they can't premiere it yet.

Again, Teletoon has already completed several runs of XY and Disney XD has yet to once. While the SM games may be out, XY is still very relevant in the TCG and whatnot. That's probably the reason why they can't premiere it yet.

So? They could have started their run of Pokemon episodes earlier, than they would have time to air both XY and then the new Sun and Moon Episodes later, or you know, air them both during the same week. God forbid they can't take the slot away from the other shows on Disney XD air the same show too often.

Also, I don't think this is even the first time dubbed episodes have premiered in other countries before the U.S. either. I know that the last few episodes of XY were available via another country's On Demand section, although I forget if that was in Canada or not. I'm pretty sure there were a few episodes through XY that aired in European countries first, or at least I remember reading that a couple of times when I looked up episodes on Bulbapedia. I also know that episodes were available on iTunes before they aired in the U.S. throughout XY's run too. This isn't entirely new or unheard of at least.

While I'm not thrilled that we have to wait longer for a U.S. premiere either, I do think that the negative reactions to it are a bit much. We'll get the dub eventually and hopefully the premiere in Canada will mean that Disney XD isn't too far off from starting the series proper themselves. I understand why people are frustrated over the situation, but at the same time, I'm getting tired of people complaining about the situation with the U.S. premiere, especially when I'm sure that Disney XD wants to have a lot of episodes ready to air for a special event. I don't know how much they'd want or how much TPCI could possibly give them since there are only twenty episodes of the series thus far to work with.
Yeah, the Team Rocket disguise episode and I think some other episodes of the XY series debuted first in the UK.

I haven't really been watching the episodes on XD, but the one or two times I caught an episode, I realized that the channel is actually labeling the episodes as "new." It obviously doesn't say new on the channel guide, and they don't announce it as new, but occasionally a pop up would appear during the episode that labeled it as "new."

That has me thinking they might just be going through all of XY first also.

They are new to Disney XD. Other channels have labeled reruns as new if they've never aired on the channel before, so it's not unheard of. I'm pretty sure Cartoon Network labeled some reruns as new when the series was still airing on Kids' WB too.

People have been speculating that they'll air all of XY before getting to SM for awhile, but I hope that isn't the case. I don't see why they'd do something like that other than giving TPCI more time to dub more episodes so they can air a bunch all at once. It's not like kids need to watch all of XY in order to follow SM. You can jump into any of the series with little to no knowledge of what happened in the past, so going through all of XY would feel a bit unnecessary and excessive to me.

SM005: Yo, Ho, Ho! Go, Popplio!
"Ash’s class goes to the sea to spend some time fishing. Team Rocket is also fishing, but for something entirely different."
Source: TV Passport
Suddenly thought of a pirate's life for me after that title, except change pirate for Popplio

So they replaced a pun with a strange and arrythmic cheer...I have very small hopes for the remaining titles.
It's not strange, it's kind of connected with the title being a pirate reference and the episode itself being centred around fishing.

I see the dub is being its usual self with the episode titles, although SM005's dub title is one of the worst I've seen in the franchise's history- tbh I just want to see what happens to the kanji in SM003's dub to get a laugh before I don't watch the dub again if things continue as they are now.

Maybe they're waiting to air the dubbed SM episodes so TPCi has time to dub M20 early? I have no solid evidence or anything, just that TPCi might want to push for as close to a worldwide release of M20 as possible (or at least get it out over the summer in theatres) so they're giving that priority over the SM episodes?

I mean, we still haven't even seen an official English announcement of the movie, so who knows.

Maybe they're waiting to air the dubbed SM episodes so TPCi has time to dub M20 early? I have no solid evidence or anything, just that TPCi might want to push for as close to a worldwide release of M20 as possible (or at least get it out over the summer in theatres) so they're giving that priority over the SM episodes?

I mean, we still haven't even seen an official English announcement of the movie, so who knows.

I don't know what delaying the English dub would have to do with dubbing M20. Despite the English dub being delayed in the US, the same English dub is full speed ahead in Canada.

I emailed some dude I found on the Disney XD contact page in hopes he can share some information on when the show will premiere.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom