• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Season 20: Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon - Dub Episode Titles Thread

Disney XD is currently rerunning the first season of XY, so I assume they're trying to build up hype and they'll marathon a bunch of SM episodes when it's over.

These dub episode titles make me long for the days of "The Spheal of Approval" and "Nice Pryce, Baby" because at least those were clever puns or wordplay(s) that fit the episode's overall focus. I cannot even fathom what thought process went into this latest title- a scamp is a mischievous creature, yes, but Litten is a vagabond so it's a wanderer from place to place with no home, so the title here makes absolutely zero sense. I still think "Yo, Ho, Ho! Go Popplio!" is the worst SM dub title, though.

Seems like Europe is going to be ahead of Canada now in terms of airing the Dub and if I'm not mistaken, that title is exactly like the JP title right?
It's basically the same, yes. CITV is airing SM006 through SM008 (as far as we know) before Canada (more info here).

SM008: Who's in Charge of the Egg?
Airs on April 21 on CITV (United Kingdom)
"Ash and Lillie are tasked with caring for a mysterious egg by Principal Samson."
Source: ITV
Wow, a good title, surprisingly.
Seems like Europe is going to be ahead of Canada now in terms of airing the Dub and if I'm not mistaken, that title is exactly like the JP title right?
It's *slightly* different in tense in that the Japanese one says "Who WILL be" in charge rather than "Who IS in" charge here, but it's close enough: a heck of lot better than the last several were, I'll say that much.

I'm pretty sure the Litten title is just a play on the song "The Lady is a Tramp." Not a huge fan of the title, but it's an interesting source.

"Who's in Charge of the Egg" reminds me of an OS title. I really like it.

SM008: Who's in Charge of the Egg?
Airs on April 21 on CITV (United Kingdom)
"Ash and Lillie are tasked with caring for a mysterious egg by Principal Samson."
Source: ITV
Are you sure? Because that's what Zap2it is calling the episode, and most of the episodes listed there are just fan translations of the Japanese titles, even SM003's title still has a fan translation of the Japanese title. Also, where is the exact source?

Also, where is the exact source?

0WMuFfT.png

TV Guide | What's on TV - ITV (may have to scroll back to 7:25 am depending on when you view this)

SM008: Lillie's Egg-xhilarating Challenge!
Source: TV Passport
I find it extremely odd that ITV would mess up the title given that they were the ones to post the dub titles for SM001 and SM002. I hoped that their schedules wouldn't suffer from the same issues that their video player did (namely copying off Wikipedia).

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom