• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Season 20: Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon - Dub Episode Titles Thread

I like the new titles. They're simple and to the point. I can appreciate a good pun every once in a while, but they were getting out of control.

What is " Rocking Clawmark Hill" a reference too?

Since Raichu's my favourite Pokemon, I'd have liked a reference to lightning speed or something, reflecting on Raichu. I still appreciate this title, better than "Yo, Ho, Ho, Go Popplio!"

Also, Rocking Clawmark Hill dosen't sound good. It is feasible but still...

Also, I'm not a dub hater.

And in a strange turn of events, we have two more titles.

SM014: Getting to Know You!
Airs: June 17
Source: Zap2it

SM015 Rocking Clawmark Hill!
Airs: June 24
Source: Zap2it
Just created the TV Tropes articles for both episodes. :3

BTW: I'm not certain, but I wouldn't be surprised if SM021 did not have an exclamation point in its title. I remember there were some serious episodes in Season 11 that lacked exclamation points in their titles.

Last edited:
SM016: They Might Not Be Giants!
SM017: Crystal-Clear Sleuthing!
SM018: A Seasoned Search!
SM019: A Guardian Rematch!
SM020: Partner Promises!
SM021: One Journey Ends, Another Begins...
Airs on July 1
Source: Disney XD calendar

Last edited:
All these titles I like but, I do have to question what They might not be giants is trying to reference. A 3-hour special and it's on Canada day weekend no less, I think this might be a 1st for us Dub viewers:D

Last edited:
I wonder if its supposed to be like a 4th of July Special for the US, since its the weekend before

...huh?!

Something I noticed about SM021 is that the music for "the scene" is actually the leitmotif for Snowbelle City in the Pokemon XY games. I just noticed that because I beat Pokemon Y this past weekend.

SM017: Crystal-Clear Sleuthing!
SM018: A Seasoned Search!
SM019: A Guardian Rematch!
SM020: Partner Promises!
SM021: One Journey Ends, Another Begins...
Airs on July 1
Source: Disney XD calendar
SM016: I understood that reference.
SM017: Decent.
SM018: Decent.
SM019: Pretty straightforward.
SM020: I like it.
SM021: Nice and dramatic. My favorite of the batch.

I was pretty dismissive of Disney because of the time it took for S20 to premiere, but Disney is winning me over with these weekend marathons

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom