• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Season 21: Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon - Ultra Adventures - Dub Episode Titles Thread

There is however something to consider, and that's the Beyond Home Entertainment listing for the Australasian DVD release of Pokémon Sun and Moon Ultra Adventures Collection 2. The running time is listed as 480 minutes, equalling about 22 episodes, taking it up to SM090. The runtime for part 1 was listed at 540 minutes and had 24 episodes. It could honestly go either way, having the season end at Necrozma makes too much sense to not do it, while at the same time getting the Let's Go!-inspired SM091 out as soon as possible before the often-lengthy season gap also makes too much sense.

The other possibility is that Season 22 will start almost immediately after Season 21 ends and begin with SM091. I guess we'll have to wait and see what TVNZ OnDemand do when they get to it.

There is however something to consider, and that's the Beyond Home Entertainment listing for the Australasian DVD release of Pokémon Sun and Moon Ultra Adventures Collection 2. The running time is listed as 480 minutes, equalling about 22 episodes, taking it up to SM090. The runtime for part 1 was listed at 540 minutes and had 24 episodes. It could honestly go either way, having the season end at Necrozma makes too much sense to not do it, while at the same time getting the Let's Go!-inspired SM091 out as soon as possible before the often-lengthy season gap also makes too much sense.

The other possibility is that Season 22 will start almost immediately after Season 21 ends and begin with SM091. I guess we'll have to wait and see what TVNZ OnDemand do when they get to it.
I would be surprised if it does. Normally it takes 3 months.

Just had a theory as to why SM090 wasn't the finale, perhaps it was planned to be but as they skipped the Passimian episode, they decided to add SM091 to the season to make up for it
That sounds plausible. Maybe the Japanese producers they told TPCi that they were starting a new season after SM090, so TPCi told the network how many episodes they were going to have in the season before being aware that they were going to have to skip one.

Although that still doesn't explain the 22 episode count for Beyond Home Entertainment's Pokémon Sun and Moon Ultra Adventures Collection 2. 480 minutes is consistent with previous listings for collections of 22 episodes, which combined with the 24 episode count on the first set brings it up to Season 21 episode 46, the Necrozma finale. It's possible that their running time is preliminary and there are actually going to be 23 episodes in the collection, but at this stage I'm not sure what's happening. Pokemon XY Kalos Quest Collection 2 contains 23 episodes, and the running time for that is listed as 506 minutes. The other possibility is that it's accidentally been left off the set, similar to how XY046-XY049 were absent from the original prints of Pokemon XY Collection 2.

Here's the listing, and there are others from various websites that also report 480 minutes.
Buy Pokemon: The Series - Sun & Moon: Ultra Adventures - Collection 2 on DVD from EzyDVD.com.au

SM092: Turning the Other Mask!
Source: Apple TV Show/Episode Universal Search

unknown.png

This makes 48 episodes (and four volumes of 12 for the digital volumes), so I expect this to be the season finale, but we'll have to wait until TVNZ/Teletoon reach it to confirm that, of course. The "Eevee, Where Are You Going?" segments also happen to start with SM093, interestingly.

Last edited:
Looks like Turning the Other Mask! is our season finale, I just contacted Beyond Home Entertainment regarding the episode count on Collection 2 and they told me that there are 24 episodes on the set, which would take it up to SM092.

The season finale picks up Faba's Royal Mask fanboying from SM090, and the season premiere is a nice filler focusing on the school and the group. Not bad, but I prefer the "original" planning. My guess is that they were afraid of Season 22 lasting 50+ episodes so they added 2 to S21 to mitigate the effect.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom