• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Season 21: Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon - Ultra Adventures - Dub Episode Titles Thread

Thoughts on the dub titles that were just revealed:

SM071- Good title, even if I fear Goldfarb, Gopal & McNair will do their thing more than ever on this one regarding the music. Makes more sense than any of the rest of them, and is to the point, too bad the rest didn't fare so well thus far.
SM072- I don't get it, I really don't...it sounds so weird. "Sours" for the "sweet" is really awkward phrasing...
SM073- This is a gag dub tier title, parody-like, I can laugh at it but it's hard to believe that's really an episode title for the dub.
SM075- I get where they got the idea but "some kind of" laziness again gives off the same gag-tier episode title for the dub 73's does, could've just put in "training" and I would've bought it but in this form it just comes off as laughable imo.

Thoughts on the dub titles that were just revealed:

SM071- Good title, even if I fear Goldfarb, Gopal & McNair will do their thing more than ever on this one regarding the music. Makes more sense than any of the rest of them, and is to the point, too bad the rest didn't fare so well thus far.
SM072- I don't get it, I really don't...it sounds so weird. "Sours" for the "sweet" is really awkward phrasing...
SM073- This is a gag dub tier title, parody-like, I can laugh at it but it's hard to believe that's really an episode title for the dub.
SM075- I get where they got the idea but "some kind of" laziness again gives off the same gag-tier episode title for the dub 73's does, could've just put in "training" and I would've bought it but in this form it just comes off as laughable imo.
There were a lot of gag tier titles in the original series, way more than in the TPCi dubs

Also it's kinda cool that SM071's dub title is based off the movie Jupiter Ascending LOL

There were a lot of gag tier titles in the original series, way more than in the TPCi dubs
Not really, imo: they had their share of puns, I'll give you that, but not outright gag-worth titles to me like SM073 & SM075- I didn't see anything quite as parody-level as those two back then, but each to their own. Also, TPCi ended up continuing said cheesy puns 4Kids originated, at random intervals as well post the 4Kids dub, "A Trip Down Memory Train" from the XYZ dub and several in DP being prime examples, as well. Personally, nothing has been worse than "Party Dancecapades" to date, though, that's the only dub episode title I can recall that used a literally gibberish word.

Hi guys, does someone know when episode 71 airs in New Zealand? Thanks

SM074: Tough Guy Trials!
Source: Apple TV Show/Episode Universal Search

SM076: A Battle Hand-Off!

image0.png

74's dub title is pretty weak, not to say the Japanese one was great but "Tough Guy Trials" is kind of...juvenile, even for a kids' show, 76's dub title is okay though and the first one I'm not questioning the logic behind it at least- that's more or less what I think.

74's dub title is pretty weak, not to say the Japanese one was great but "Tough Guy Trials" is kind of...juvenile, even for a kids' show, 76's dub title is okay though and the first one I'm not questioning the logic behind it at least- that's more or less what I think.

It is a strong Title lalaalaal! This is to refer Nanu! Please Act Like Doomguy lalallalal!

SM077: Guiding an Awakening!

SM079: Showering the World with Love!

SM078 is still listed with its Japanese title in the search.

SM7779.png

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom