• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TEEN: Seasons, Book 1: Autumn

Finally got onto commenting and I'm impressed by the fic and I'm curious to see the rest of Samia's team. One problem I've seen is you dont have the trainers calling out attacks which is fine and I use the same method but you've got to say what attacks are being used

you see this could be aerial ace, wing attack or even steel wing but there's no way of telling. Other than that great fic and I look forward to reading on.

Normally I do have trainers calling out attacks, it was just in this last chapter that it wasn't. This was because it was from Samia's POV, and he wouldn't have been able to hear what the attacks are, just see them :)

Awesome battle! I love your attention to detail and the use of POV. In this case thru Samia's POV. This was a joy to read!

Quite a dramatic chapter :D I would have liked to have seen some more dialogue here and there to help move it along a bit, but it was still a rather intense and well described battle scene. I thoroughly look forward to see what happens with Garchomp and Meganium. Will the next chapter be the last one of Alanah vs Cynthia

Quite a dramatic chapter :D I would have liked to have seen some more dialogue here and there to help move it along a bit, but it was still a rather intense and well described battle scene. I thoroughly look forward to see what happens with Garchomp and Meganium. Will the next chapter be the last one of Alanah vs Cynthia

Yh it will be, I need to get the tournament wrapped up to get the plot moving along again :)

Wow. This was the best battle scene I have ever read. Your writing style is awesome, very descriptive. I'm interested to see the rest of Alanah's team.

Eagerly anticipating the next chapter.

Yeah, you know by now. -- Italics

Chapter three:

From far and wide, they heeded the call. It seemed almost overnight, but the world of pokémon had been gripped with a fever never before seen over the new Grand Tournament. Across the four great regions, from modern Kanto and traditional Johto, the islands of Hoenn to the historic Sinnoh, trainers began to come. (Heh.)

Few, however, were eligible.

To even begin the challenge to be Grand Champion, trainers had to have defeated the Elite Four of the Kanto-Johto Alliance, as well as the Elite Fours of both Hoenn and Sinnoh. Why don't you just say they had to defeat all the Elite Fours? Wait. Do you have to beat just one, or all of them? GAH. An apparently impossible task, yet on top of this, they were required to have competed in at least two major tournaments, finishing in, at minimum, the top eight.

Looking at the list, Samia smiled. Many familiar names were on here, most of them a fair few years older than himself, yet many he had defeated on his own path to Grand Champion. Weird sentence structure here, sir-ry. It was good to see they were still in the game. However, a few new faces appeared, teens who in their first few years had achieved the requirements. These 'prodigies' reminded Samia of his younger self.

Along with challenging trainers, other names presented themselves. Members of any Elite Four were allowed to compete, so I recommend scratching out that "so" and comma and putting up a semi-colon. Less runny. as he read through, Samia noted that Cynthia was in the competition, as were a few members of the other leagues. However, the majority of competitors were travelling HA, YOU THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO TOUCH THAT, RIGHT? WELL, WRONG! trainers.

Placing the list down, Samia glanced around his room. Hopefully, this would be the last period of time he would have to stay at the League, as his boredom was becoming intolerable now. Then again, if he thought he saw potential in any of the finalists, he fully intended to challenge them himself.

In the corner of the room lay a large, dark wooden bookshelf, Comma unneeded. full of tomes relating to all things pokémon and battle tactics. Picking one at random, he flipped it open. With a flash of nostalgia, Samia realized it had been a book his grandfather had given him for the Kanto-Johto League, with information about Dragons You mean Dragon-types? 'Cause I don't think you capitalize "dragons." Unless....GAH. and how to defeat them. In the inside leaf of the book lay his grandfather's elaborate handwriting.

I know you can do it, Sammy! Read and learn this book, and in no time you will have that whole League grovelling at your feet!

The message brought a tear to Samia's eye. Even back then, when he had just passed He walked passed an figurative element used to describe the passage of time? ten-years-old, his grandfather had believed in him. Who was there to support him now?

Placing the thick book back, Say that three times fast. I DARE YOU. Samia walked out of his room, heading through the familiar corridors, scarcely thinking of his task. He had made the walk from bedroom to office that many times; it seemed to be imprinted in his muscles, as his legs simply led the way whilst he continued to read the list of combatants for the Tournament.

Samia walked into his office, acknowledging Natasha at her desk with a pile of paperwork that nearly concealed her from view, and picked up his cool I know that this is more appropriate for fruit juice, but -- OH YEAH!! glass of orange juice. As he sat down, relaxing on his chair, Samia fervently hoped all the commotion over the short period of time taken to get this tournament organized would mean that he would have little to do. Li'l less wordy here, skip-bro. Unlikely, but he could hope.

Reading down the list, one of the names seemed to ring a bell, but he couldn't quite place it. Alanah Bingham. Where did he know that name from? Pressing a button on his desk, a computer monitor rose out of a gap in the wood, and a keyboard presented itself to Samia. Grasping the controls, Samia pulled up the list, Comma unneeded. and entered the girl’s name into a search engine.

Instantly, numerous videos appeared of a young girl, barely over Two things: I think you meant "older" here; and -- HE'S A GOD DAMNED STALKER. than thirteen, defeating a shocked looking IT'S ELECTRIFYING! (Feel your way.) Also, I doubt it's needed. Lance, crushing a startled Steven, then going on to fill Cynthia with rage. She she DOUBLE TROUBLE. had changed little between the videos; it seemed as if she had defeated all three Leagues within the space of six months. Pulling up the profile, a picture of the mysterious competitor filled his screen, along with a personal profile.

'Alanah Bingham, age: fourteen,' Samia read from her info. Looking at her picture, it showed a happy, carefree looking Eye motif. teenager with white-blonde hair reaching well below her shoulders, Comma unneeded. and bright blue eyes, almost like his own.

Bingham. Samia nearly spat out orange juice in his own stupidity. Bingham was the family name of the man Auntie Davene had married, some scientist from the big city. Would that make this girl, Comma unneeded. his cousin? Checking the info, it was correct: 'Parents, Davene and Daniel Bingham.'

Leaning back, Samia was intrigued. Was it possible that this girl, Alanah, had the gift? His grandfather told him that Samia had been the first person in their family to have it for nearly sixty years, with the last person being Samia's great-grandfather, whom he had never met.

There was only one way to find out; he would have to see how she fared in the tournament NOW IT'S LOWER CASE? NOW?. Samia quickly closed the videos, reluctant to observe her battling style. He wanted a surprise. A sharp rap came on the door as someone drummed their knuckles against it. Well, that's how you usually knock. Well, actually, that's a lie -- I do it with my open palm, and it hurts like hell and my skin's all red and stuff, but WHATEVER. Taking another sip of the sweet juice, he called over, Doubt you need the "over." “Come in.”

Natasha walked in, wearing her usual office clothes, looking flustered. “Right, the Tournament has been organized,she said, sounding out of breath. “The Committee wishes to speak with you before the start, which will be at the end of the week, four days from now.”

“Got it,” Samia, answered. With one final gulp, he finished his drink, turned off his computer, and began to leave the room. “Natasha?” he asked. “Will you walk with me for a while?”

Natasha looked taken aback by the request. “Of course, sir.”

The pair walked through the corridors, heading to the conference room where the Committee would inevitably be waiting. Knowing what he needed to say, Samia found that he couldn't. He was suddenly tongue-tied, his mouth began drying up, his once rock-hard confidence fleeing him like Pidgey from an Arbok. Gulping and licking his lips, he finally got the words out.

“Natasha, I'm sorry.” First part over, next part, keep the momentum going. “I know I haven't been the best person to work for, that I never seemed to care about anyone or anything, that I seemed like I didn't want to be here. But, Do I really have to tell you what your dog is? you made the days worthwhile. If you hadn't been here to guide me, to keep me on track, I would most likely have gone crazy a long time ago.”

Natasha stopped in her tracks. That was most likely the longest thing Samia had said to her in all of her employment. Samia stopped, and looked at her dumbstruck face, and nearly laughed from the absurdity of the situation.

“Samia,she finally answered, and he noticed the unusual use of his first name. “When I was younger, I followed your battles, your rise to fame. I cheered in front of the TV in the pokémon centre when you defeated the former Champion. From that day, I vowed to meet you somehow. I stopped my own journey for a chance to meet the Grand Champion, and my joy was through the roof when I got the job working for you. It has been an honour working for you, and after all you have been through, the dull repetitive tasks they have you do here, I don't blame you for being bored.”

Samia felt better. He then felt a pang of guilt as he had possibly messed up Natasha's life a little bit. No. She said it herself: she enjoyed it here, or at least, didn't hate it. Well, that remorse was short-lived. As they approached the door to the conference room. The pair stopped outside.

Suddenly, Natasha pulled Samia into a thick hug, embracing him like a crying child. “Go get ‘em, boss.” With that, she let go of him, gave him a quirky smile and walked back down the corridor whistling a cheerful melody. Chuckling to himself, Samia entered the room.

A large black table ran the length of the room, bordered by five chairs, four round the sides, one at the head. Pulling up another chair, Samia sat at the far end of the table. The five Committee members sat there, looking at him. Each one of the Committee members looked old, their glory days clearly behind them. They all wore an identical black suit with a golden pokéball emblazoned on the breast pocket.

“Samia.” The head of the Committee spoke. “This Tournament has not been easy to arrange on such short notice; yet, as per your wishes, it has been done.”

Samia bowed his head. “Thank you, honourable sir.” Inside, Samia could tell this was going to be a regularly dull meeting.

“On the bright side, though,” another member said, “the revenue we have gained through fresh TV contracts and merchandise has gone through the roof. Our stock has raised by nearly five hundred percent!” The members spoke amongst themselves happily, enjoying more wealth being added to their already bulging pockets. This continued for nearly five minutes, until their joy over more money died down (but only slightly).

“Now, Samia,the head of the Committee said to him, “you have been our longest serving Champion, and possibly our most talented. It grieves us see that you are leaving, but we cannot stop you.”

Samia's rage flared slightly. 'Grieves'? What did these detached old business men know of grieving? He had just lost his grandfather, that man who raised him, and they dared speak to him of grieving? The only thing they would grieve would be their lost dollars as they could no longer exploit his image.

“For your long service, we have gotten you a leaving Er, "parting gift," you mean? gift.”

Recommended paragraph break right HERE.

Samia anger was replaced with shock. A gift? Did that mean these wrinkled old men had a trace of a heart in them? From under the table he Who? pulled out a long package, measuring probably about two feet in length. The package was handed down to Samia, who took it hesitantly, unsure what to think.

“Come on, open it!” one of the members said, and the others chirped in, passing similar messages.

Slowly, Samia unwrapped the package. The first thing revealed was a bright white leather case, thin but stretching the length of the package, tapering to a point at one end. At the other, lay a black handle, with what looked like a square cross-guard.

“You got me...a Katana?” Samia asked unsurely. That's...nice. And when I say "nice," I mean kinda disturbing and a tad creepy. Samia, I think you should break that baby in.

“Yes!” they all answered in unison.

“Your grandfather informed us some time ago that he trained you in the ancient arts, including swordplay, so we had this commissioned a while ago, but never really had the time to present it,the head member said. “As you can see, we had its color scheme match your most famous pokémon, the magnificent Absol.”

Slowly, Samia unsheathed the blade, which came out smoothly and with a satisfying snick. The blade was curved and slender, and the grip easily accommodated his two hands. Twisting the blade, he saw that an Absol had been etched into the base of the blade. Samia was speechless.

“Th...Th-thanks!” he stuttered. He had never had such an ornate gift. He could barely believe his eyes. Re-sheathing Ya mean "sheathing," right, honorable shogun-sama? the blade, he tied the cloth strap and stored it on his back, the grip protruding over his left shoulder.

“That's not just any blade, sonny,the eldest member wheezed. “We had it forged out of the finest Aggron mined steel, and the handle crafted out of the oldest Salamence bone. It is one of a kind, so don't lose it!”

Samia bowed, low, his back arching forward. “Thank you, sirs, I cannot express my gratitude, and it has been a privilege being your champion.” Raising himself up, Samia was surprised to see beaming faces. Perhaps money could bring happiness after all.

“Now Samia, we need you to go down to the Atrium, Comma unneeded. and meet the competitors! The shuttles bringing them should arrive in the next few minutes.”

Samia nodded his head and left the room. Perhaps those old men weren't so bad after all. As he stepped through the corridors, he considered the weight of what they had just done. Swords like these were only ever given to the greatest and bravest of warriors; they had just given him a great compliment.

Stepping into an elevator, Samia pressed the button for the ground floor. The sheet metal doors closed in front of him, and his stomach lurched as the elevator descended. The trip took all but thirty seconds, and the doors opened revealing the grand Atrium.

On either side, two great trees flanked the automatic glass doors, and in the centre of the sheer white floor lay the symbol of the grand league, a golden pokéball, enameled onto the tiles. Opposite the door lay the reception desk, lacking any staff.

Why not? Samia stepped behind the desk and powered up the computer. Flicking through the menus, he opened up the check-in list, Comma unneeded. and waited for the competitors to arrive. Drumming his fingers on the desk, he contemplated what he planned to do after this was over. Perhaps he would travel again, or maybe he would re-open his grandfather's ranch.

After about ten minutes, the doors glided open silently, and a gaggle of teens walked in. These were evidently the youngest challengers, most of whom were not much older than sixteen. They walked up to the desk confidently, until they saw who was behind it. At this point they turned to jelly, all images of confidence lost. Samia laughed and checked them in, and porters appeared to direct them to their respective rooms. These are the little details that make a story.

Throughout the day, they arrived. Some, like the first group, melted when the saw Samia. Others greeted him as an old friend and rival, whereas some just blanked him altogether. By the end of the day, sixty-four challengers had been checked in.

The challengers were here. The battlefields were ready. After eight years as Champion, Samia's final Grand Tournament had begun.

TA-DAH. PRAISE ME.

Well, the battle is really getting intense now, isn't it.

One thing I'm perplexed about, though - the Togekiss getting shocked as it went too high. Is that a trap placed there in the stadium, or was it just part of the cloudy sky?

It would be kind of weird if it were a trap - that makes it seem too much like a death game.

Well, the battle is really getting intense now, isn't it.

One thing I'm perplexed about, though - the Togekiss getting shocked as it went too high. Is that a trap placed there in the stadium, or was it just part of the cloudy sky?

It would be kind of weird if it were a trap - that makes it seem too much like a death game.

I'm pretty sure it was the leftover energy from Luxray's attempted Thunder attack.

As for the chapter, some colour no doubt...

Yet again, you prove that you can write battle scenes very well. Not to mention you made the mounting frustration of all the trainers clear. And as for Alanah having the same ability as Samia and still calling him a freak... I agree with Samia, I want to wring that little bitch's neck. That, or sic my Salamence or Tyranitar or other pseudo-legendaries on her.

Just one problem: Are you going to include any Generation 5 Pokemon? I always like to see at least one Pokemon from each generation show up in a non-humiliating way in fics - "Generation Representation" is what I call it.

Great chapter, awesome battle. Alanah's such a bitch, Samia, -looks at Samia- Crush her.

Good job some colour no doubt.

Yet again, you prove that you can write battle scenes very well. Not to mention you made the mounting frustration of all the trainers clear. And as for Alanah having the same ability as Samia and still calling him a freak... I agree with Samia, I want to wring that little bitch's neck. That, or sic my Salamence or Tyranitar or other pseudo-legendaries on her.

How about forcing her to look in a Dusknoir's belly? Or Have a Muk use Toxic on her? (I have pages of these, I could go on...)

Well, I liked the battle, you kept it interesting, especially by showing us Alanah's gift, it seems to work like Aura in a way doesn't it. I liked the description especially for the battle between Meganium and Milotic as well as Gallade against Lucario.

Now I wonder what Samia will do or tell Alanah if she does win and gets to face him in the next round.

Another great chapter! The battle was very descriptive, as with everything in the chapter and in this entire story.

I would also enjoy seeing a few Gen. V Pokemon, but I wouldn't expect it until all the English names are revealed.

Oh my. Alanah is out for blood. That Thunder/Frenzy Plant attack was just brutal...That may be one of the greatest things I've ever read. That may be my favorite part of this whole story so far.

Chapter 6
End of an Era

Meganium took a few tentative steps backwards in response to the ferocious roar, clearly nervous. It was heavily weakened from its battle with Milotic, the Ice Beam having dealt serious damage. Behind it, Samia saw Alanah bite her lip nervously. If she truly had the gift; or as she would call it, the curse, she would feel the raw power being emitted by Garchomp.

Cynthia's Pokémon raised itself onto its hind legs and lowered its shark-like face at its Grass-type foe. Again it roared ferociously and Meganium backed up a few more steps, clearly fearful.

Alanah's Pokémon panted slightly showing signs of its exhaustion, but Alanah paid no heed. She slammed her right foot down in determination and called out her order. Meganium gathered its remaining strength, summoning up a ball of pure white energy for a Hyper Beam.

Garchomp simply gripped its claws into the dirt and raised its two scythe like arm fins, crossing them in front of its face. Clearly, it intended to show its strength by not even dodging.

Both trainers stood motionless. Time seemed to slow, from Meganium the Hyper Beam seemed to crawl towards Garchomp. Inch by inch, the whole crowds heads moved in unison, following the beam. It smashed into contact with Garchomp's defences and the dragon-type bared its teeth; with a swift movement, it flung its arms up into the air, sending the Hyper Beam hurtling into the sky.

Before Alanah could even react to this new tactic, Garchomp had leapt forward, propelling itself with its powerful legs. It hurtled the whole distance toward Meganium, who could do nothing as it tried to desperately regather its strength from the Hyper Beam.

With an audible thud that echoed around the arena, Garchomp landed on Meganium, crushing it to the floor. Before Alanah's Pokémon could react, Garchomp lashed out with its powerful claws. It was brutal to watch, Meganium could do nothing as Cynthia's renowned battler laid into it. The onslaught barely lasted ten seconds, yet it seemed to last a lifetime. The blood curdling painful shrieks of Meganium were harrowing, Cynthia evidently gaining revenge for her Milotic.

When it stopped, Garchomp leapt backwards to where it initially initially, a savage look on its face, its forearms stained with the blood of Meganium. Cynthia smiled, and the crowd was quiet, other than a few murmurs and hushed whispers, probably about how brutal this battle had become.

Meanwhile, Alanah had recalled her Meganium, and before returning its Pokéball to her belt, she looked at it for a second with a concerned look. The concern appeared to be short-lived, however, as she promptly pulled out her next Pokéball and brought forth her fifth Pokémon.

Alanah's new Pokémon stood tall, though not quite as high as Cynthia's Garchomp. Along its back, thick blue armored plates quivered, thick defenses that covered its whole body. Twin eyes snapped open, eyes that protruded from the side of its head. It clicked together a pair of blue-black claws whilst behind it, a thick tail smashed the ground.

Samia blinked as he tried to recall what the Pokémon was Alanah had summoned. The last time he had wore a Pokédex he hadn't even been a teenager, so occasionally his knowledge on Pokémon was a little rusty. With a flash he remembered. Armaldo. No wonder he hadn't recognized it, it was a damn fossil Pokémon, the rarest of the rare.

Both Pokémon began circling around the edge of the arena, each eyeing its opponent. Garchomp roared across the field, but Armaldo didn't respond. Both trainers simultaneously called out their orders, and the two Pokémon leapt into action.

Smashing its left foot into the ground, Armaldo kicked up a circle of rocks which rotated around it. Opposite it, Garchomp surrounded itself in a bright blue light and flew toward its foe. The Dragon Rush attack oozed power, and as it passed over the field, a colossal boom echoed out across the arena, showing that Garchomp had broken the sound barrier. Before Armaldo could even cast its own attack, it was sent sprawling from the massive impact, the swirl of rocks fallen all around it.

Armaldo landed on its back, and Garchomp flew back to in front of Cynthia. Slowly, Armaldo raised itself to its feet and snatched up one of the rocks that had fallen to the floor. With an unexpected burst of speed, Alanah's Pokémon threw the rock at Garchomp, where it hit with a sickening crunch upon the dragon-type's chest. Garchomp roared out in pain, yet before it could counter attack, Armaldo began pelting it with rock after rock which Cynthia's Pokémon had trouble dodging.

Before any serious damage could be caused, Cynthia called out an order to Garchomp. Instantly, it leapt high into the air, rotating until its head was pointing straight at the ground. Its momentum slowed, and for a second it seemed to hang static in mid-air, though only for a second. It plummeted toward the floor, dodging the rocks being thrown by Armaldo, and landed with a huge impact which threw up a veil of dust and dirt, hiding it from view.

Across the field, Armaldo stopped throwing rocks as it could no longer see its target. It tentatively stepped toward where Garchomp had disappeared, only to find a gaping pitch black hole. Armaldo quickly realized what had happened, and it began scanning the arena floor, looking for any sign of disturbance to where Cynthia's Pokémon had dug to.

Unfortunately for Armaldo, a hole opened up underneath it, and the ancient Pokémon looked shocked as it was dragged underground. For minutes, the arena was empty, only the odd occasional thud as the two Pokémon continued their duel underground. Looking over at Alanah, Samia saw that she did not attempt to connect with her Pokémon. She either thought her Pokémon would be able to handle itself or believed that the ability was indeed a curse.

It dragged on and on. A roar was heard, and the crowd looked on intently, but still the Pokémon did not surface. People began to boo and shout, this was not what they had come to see. Seemingly in response to these calls, the middle of the arena began to shift. The dirt swirled round and round like a whirlpool, and from the centre rose Garchomp, standing tall with few cuts on its bulky frame. Behind it, it dragged Armaldo. Alanah's Pokémon had not coped well in the subterranean fight, its rocky armor was cracked, blood flooding profusely out of open wounds on its stomach and legs. Garchomp dragged the Pokémon over to its trainer and unceremoniously dumped it in front of her.

Alanah recalled Armaldo, and slowly took out her last Pokéball. Samia wondered, had she, like Cynthia, saved her best for last? If she hadn't, she would have come all this way for nothing. Slowly, she raised her right arm, lifting the Pokéball to head height. Without releasing it, the ball split open, unleashing the Pokémon inside.

The light took form, hovering a few inches of the ground but keeping its snow white color. The new arrival turned its raindrop shaped head around, surveying the now wrecked arena it had been summoned to. Moving its long arms up to a battling pose, it showed off its elegant dress like body, highlighted with a red band. Behind its ice mask, yellow eyes found Garchomp.

Samia was certainly surprised. Frosslass were quite rare to say the least, and with its powerful ice moves, Garchomp would have its work cut out. Garchomp again roared a challenge to the new arrival, but Frosslass remained where it hovered, its only movement to raise its hand up to its purple mouth. It appeared to be yawning.

Garchomp leapt forward without Cynthia's order, enraged at its foe's apparent insolence. Cynthia tried to stop her Pokémon, but it was not going to be reasoned with. Its feet plowed into the floor, its claws leaving deep gouges as it tore towards Frosslass. The huge talons on its forearms began to glow with a bright green light in preparation for a Dragon Claw attack.

At the last second, Alanah coolly called out an order to her Frosslass. Quicker than lightning, Frosslass blasted Garchomp with a beam of ice, throwing it back across the field. Alanah smiled and Frosslass spun around, happy with its successful attack.

Slowly, Garchomp pulled itself back to its feet. Behind it, Cynthia was yelling at her Pokémon furiously, angry that her Pokémon had acted without her orders. Garchomp’s smoldering eyes stared down Frosslass, but this time it waited for its trainers command. Gathering herself, Cynthia gave Garchomp an order, while spontaneously Alanah shouted a command to Froslass.

Garchomp's mouth filled with flames and it quickly released the inferno at Frosslass. The column of flame hurtled toward the ice type. Samia could feel the heat from where he sat; if that attack landed it was over, no Ice Pokémon could withstand that.

Frosslass, however, was already acting on its trainers orders. Its body glowed with a bright blue light and it rose into the sky, narrowly avoiding the Flamethrower. Thick clouds began to gather over the stadium, and snow began to fall. Up in the clouds, Frosslass was still illuminated by the blue light, its arms outstretched wide. Garchomp readied another Flamethrower, but before it could fire the light around Frosslass disappeared and hail began to pelt Cynthia's Pokémon.

Samia shivered, he had gone from feeling the heat of the fire attack to the freezing cold of an ice attack. In the crowd, people seemed to share the same feeling, putting their hands under their arms, trying to trap in their rapidly fleeing body heat.

On the battlefield, the two trainers showed no sign of discomfort, standing like statues, issuing out orders to their respective Pokémon. Garchomp began billowing out pillars of flame in all directions, keeping the majority of the hail from reaching it. Opposite it, Frosslass had descended from the clouds. Between its hands, a crackling ball of blue energy could be seen gathering, a sphere of spinning ice, kept in constant motion, fluctuating and pulsating, in constant flux.

Garchomp saw Frosslass, as had Cynthia, so it blasted another Flamethrower toward it. At the same time, Frosslass unleashed its ice attack, smashing the ball into the ground. All around it, ice began to spread, so cold that it froze the oncoming flames in a red-orange crystal. Garchomp cried out to its trainer as the ice trapped its feet, then its legs, then its entire body. Frosslass stopped the attack just before it reached the trainers.

Samia blinked in shock. That was... Sheer Cold? He was sure that Frosslass couldn't learn that move. So if Alanah had somehow taught her Pokémon it, then she must have gone through some intense training, or caught an extremely rare specimen of a Frosslass.

The crowd was silent for a second, looking at the now frozen field, complete with frozen Garchomp. Cynthia called out desperate orders to her Pokémon, but to no avail. Alanah told something to Frosslass, who responded by smashing the ice with its two fists. The ice cracked, spidering out from where Frosslass smashed into the ice. Splinters of ice spiralled off in all directions. Around Garchomp, the ice shattered, falling down with the dragon-type, who was rendered unconscious.

Before Garchomp had even hit the floor, the crowd were cheering, stamping their feet, in general making as much noise as possible. The battle was over, Alanah however, did not celebrate her crowning as champion. She slowly turned her head, her eyes glaring at Samia, unflinchingly, challenging. Cynthia recalled Garchomp and left the stadium silently, her head down, defeated

Samia understood. Slowly, he got off his chair, and walked down the steel stairs toward the arena from his private platform. He took his time, and the stadium fell silent. All eyes were on him, cameras swiveled around to view him, the big screen showing his path toward the arena floor. Samia's eyes, however, saw nothing but Alanah. She may have earned the title of Grand Champion but he didn't care, he didn't want it.

Each step seemed to be dragged out for an age, and the crowd was quiet, with only the odd hushed whisper around the stadium. Samia was going to show Alanah what true Pokémon battling was, how a master truly connects with their Pokémon; how a real champion crushes their opposition, leaving no shadow of a doubt as to who the victor was going to be from the first move. How battling wasn’t about brutality, but about elegance. He would remind her what true battlers were all about!

Out of the tunnel came a red and white sphere, resembling a large Pokéball, brought by several porters wearing identical blue uniforms, trimmed with gold. Into the machine Alanah placed her Pokéballs, and the machine flashed three times before returning them. The healing over with, Alanah walked toward the center of the now ruined arena, which was pockmarked with craters, gouges, burns and blood stains.

In the center, the two cousins met. Face to face they stood, silent, Samia a head taller than his younger relative. Their blue eyes gazed furiously at each other. This was more than a battle, this was personal. This was family. The gaze between the two said more than any words could.

“I hope you’re ready,” he told Alanah. “Because that battle was just a warm up compared to what you’re in for now.”

Sorry for the time it took to get this out, with Uni and work I've had little free time :s
If I owe anyone a review, it will be done by the end of the week I hope!

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom