• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Seasons incorrectly listed

XD375

Shane
Reaction score
Just from reading this article, I see many mistakes.

Firstly, "Pallet Party Panic, a season 1 episode, is included on the Orange Islands DVDs instead of the Indigo League DVDs."

Pallet Party Panic is a season 2 episode.

"With 35 episodes, this is the shortest season of the dub."

Many similar mistakes to these are present in other seasons articles as well as this one.

All seasons of the dub during 4Kids' dubbing were 52 episodes long. It bugs me when fans assume a new theme song signifies a new season, and it baffles me that Bulbapedia goes by this made-up rule. I'd fix it myself, but as of now I'd rather post this here.

In that case, Season 11 never ended, since Galactic Battles just continues straight from Battle Dimension without even a hint of a break.

4Kids was just going by their bullcrap "network standards" thing, with long summers full of eveyone's favorite reruns. Season lines are divided based on the theme song and title change, because literally no one refers to "season 2" and means EP063, or "season 3" and means EP107. When you say "season 2" you mean "Ash in the Orange Islands with that guy who draws", not "end of Kanto, Orange Islands up to a point". Likewise with "season 3". That's the beginning of Johto, period, not "end of Orange Islands and Johto until Goldenrod". And don't even get started on "season 6"; that's the first forty episodes of AG, not "end of Johto and beginning of AG", and anyone would tell you the same.

You could bring up a technicality on the timing of the ordering of the episodes and the airing of them, but I'd personally say that's just network decisions to keep people from being overly focused on Pokémon and not focusing on 4Kids's other crap shows from the time. Plus it let them air multiple episodes when they decided to air new ones. In all technicalities, Arceus should have literally no information on BP since it was "just revealed". Yet we have everything, and have done so since 2006, even though it "wasn't" a Pokémon until 2009.

The thing is, the official definition of season is those 52 episode blocks. It tends to matter more to the general fan where the episodes are licensed outside Japan and the US - when we got "Johto Journeys" a few years back, it began with The Pokémon Water War. Similarly, Address Unown was at the start of the "Advance" batch, not in "Master Quest".

Sure, it makes more sense to talk about the series subheadings rather than season number most of the time. But when we talk about seasons, they should be defined by the numbering used on Pokemon.com.

Last edited:
Where exactly does Pokémon.com put EP270 in the same season as AG021?

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom