• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Seasons

well, animated sprites don't really do anything, but that's irrelevant.

Oops. Yeah, I meant Gamefreak. Anyway, shiny pokemon are purely aesthetic. They serve no use whatsoever. And don't even try saying that they're for bragging rights or whatever. Also, how about how if you go to Snowpoint City on Janurary 12, the snow changes to diamond dust (I know it's for a special occasion). Mt. Pyre had fog on it before it was given an effect in battle. Also, sometimes throughout the year, thunderstorms can happen. They have the same effect as rain, and the thunderstorm does not have any effect on electric type moves. Basically, there are quite a few things Game Freak has done for purely aesthetic reasons.

Well, it's confirmed that that new deer Pokémon will change forms depending on the season. The pink one that we saw is the form that appears in spring, and the pink part turns green in the summer, orange in the fall and brown during winter.

I still wanna see holidays implimented in ways other than, say, the tanabata jirachi event.

It seriously would be really boring to wait seasons to change, particulary if we get a few Pokémon, which are only available in a specific season (migratory birds?). Well at least I got bored of Animal Crossing's real-time seasons, it's just too slow paced for a video game. So I'm totally fine with a season/month thing.

I'm liking this season idea. Experiencing all four seasons three times in a year? That sounds good to me.

I hope that it'll play a big part in the events and gameplay of Pokemon Black & White. Different berries, musicals/contests, items, Pokemon etc.

1 per month is what I guessed (and prefer), so I'm good with that. A real-time cycle would be cool, but admittedly too drawn out.

I would prefer real time cycle. For those too lazy to wait, just skip the clock on the DS.

By the way, they're still doing day/night changes right? Stupid question I know I know.

I'm hoping it's not just a gimmicky thing where only one route changes seasons.

They're not gonna change the Pokémon that can be found each season. Maybe the encounter rates, but not completely changing the Pokémon that can be found. If certain Pokémon can't be found in certain areas in certain seasons, then their locations will change by season, such as a bird Pokémon being in northern Isshu in the summer, central Isshu in the Spring and Fall, and southern Isshu in the winter, or an ice-type being found in tall grass in the winter, can be found in tall grass and in a certain cave in the fall and spring, but be more likely to be found in tall grass in the fall and in the cave in the spring, and in a certain cave in the summer.

I hope they don't make certain zones certain seasons, and I also hope they don't make too many Pokémon season-exclusive (if they do at all), because the wait for certain Pokémon may take too long.

The only problem I have withe the monthly seasons is is gonna be winter in June or July or something.. That'll be odd. I do like the idea of it being sped up so I'm cool with it. Also anyone else thinking seasonal evolutions? Perhaps new eeveeloutions? Maybe not 4 new ones but it would be a new method so it would work.

The only problem I have withe the monthly seasons is is gonna be winter in June or July or something.. That'll be odd. I do like the idea of it being sped up so I'm cool with it. Also anyone else thinking seasonal evolutions? Perhaps new eeveeloutions? Maybe not 4 new ones but it would be a new method so it would work.
Don't tell me you've never heard of Christmas in July!?

Hey, I don't normally like to say it, but it's a video game! I'm sure they want you to feel immersed as much as possible while still maintaining that quick playability. Waiting 3 months would be killer (disregarding clock changing).

Don't tell me you've never heard of Christmas in July!?

Hey, I don't normally like to say it, but it's a video game! I'm sure they want you to feel immersed as much as possible while still maintaining that quick playability. Waiting 3 months would be killer (disregarding clock changing).

Yea that's why I'm liking it. It'll make the overall game go by faster. I don't want to have to wait a year just to see the deer change colors. That's also why I'm hoping(betting) we'll get seasonal evolutions.

So with the reveal of some new information, looks like my dreams have come true:

Seasons, eh? Wouldn't it be stylish if new areas opened up because of the seasons? Exploration wouldn't be 100% till you went through all 4 seasons.

And they could always cutdown on the length of time it takes to get threw one season. Say, perhaps, 1 week per season? And of course a device that alters them, sure, why not.

Different routes are accessible only during certain seasons. So you could only reach a certain town, cave, or spot during summer when all the snow is melted. Or likewise, you can only get to a secret base when you've got a dry lakebed in the fall or a frozen one in the winter.

Seasons are much more than a cosmetic change or a device to capture different Pokemon. Now, the trick is to figure out what each season could do to let you access new areas/route.

We already know snow in Winter could help you get up to a higher ledge.

Perhaps in Spring, Summer, and Fall the snow melts and lets you travel into a cave or on a new path.

Trees dying in Fall and Winter might let you get pass a forest section. And likewise, in Spring and Summer, new plants and vines could let you climb up cliffs.

I wonder if Eevee will be able evolve into Glaceon and Leafeon in the winter and summer, respectively, since they were area-based. They COULD do it. Hey, XD: GOD let you evolve Espeon and Umbreon with the Sun Shard and Moon Shard.

Last edited:
So with the reveal of some new information, looks like my dreams have come true
Yeah, this's gonna be great and I'm glad that it seems like they will utilize seasons better than I first thought. I really hope there's a lot of different route changes, not just few of them. Gwaah, can't wait to cross a frozen lake in the winter 8)!

I don't think they'll make Pokemon season exclusive if it works on a real-time clock, but just affect the encounter rates.

Yes, and why would Nintendo do such a thing, removing a Pokemon for an entire 9 months! Maybe affect locations, but not Pokemon! I would smash Nintendo with a mallet if they do that. Oh, I even found a smiley doing that: :mallet:

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom