• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Seasons

Yes, and why would Nintendo do such a thing, removing a Pokemon for an entire 9 months! Maybe affect locations, but not Pokemon! I would smash Nintendo with a mallet if they do that. Oh, I even found a smiley doing that: :mallet:

...well there are rare Pokemon with different methods of obtaining them. A Pokemon that shows up seasonally isn't such a bad idea...

Seasons? Here's my list:

Wild Pokemon (in some areas).
Pokemon Evolution.
At least one Legendary Pokemon appears only in one specific season.
Some kind of events (allowing you to get some items).
And stuff. :p

...although the Legendar Pokemon can go either way. It would be clever, yes. But do we really want to wait the whole year to try and catch it?

...although the Legendar Pokemon can go either way. It would be clever, yes. But do we really want to wait the whole year to try and catch it?
But the year lasts just four months in games, so it wouldn't be such a big deal. I really believe we'll get some season exclusive Pokémon and probably a legendary too (hopefully not four different legendary for a each season ._.). At least those would be available for all with normal gameplay, which is better than events. And we've waited some Event Pokémon many months to come in 4th generation, so waiting four months isn't that much after all. Especially if we can skip to the next season by changing DS's date.

I love the seasons! I can't wait to get a copy of BW in spring!

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so many pages to read.

Is it too late to call season-based Eeveelutions and a potential retcon of Glaceon and Leafeon into Winter/Spring evolutions respectively?

There'd be a cute little reference to Sinnoh saying "In some far off region there's a stone that casts perpetual winter/spring all around it" or something to that effect.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so many pages to read.

Is it too late to call season-based Eeveelutions and a potential retcon of Glaceon and Leafeon into Winter/Spring evolutions respectively?

There'd be a cute little reference to Sinnoh saying "In some far off region there's a stone that casts perpetual winter/spring all around it" or something to that effect.

I like the Idea, but Gamefrerak has shown 3 times now, they would rather tick off their fans then retcon evolution methods..

I like the Idea, but Gamefrerak has shown 3 times now, they would rather tick off their fans then retcon evolution methods..

I think that season-based evolutions for Glaceon and Leafeon would tick more people off than just having an area to level them up in, no matter how much it makes sense.

I can't tell a difference for black when it comes to clothing. Please tell me I'm just insane and its only white who gets sensible clothing for seasons cause those shorts are ridiculous. Please.

I wouldn't mind if they made it so that Leafeon and Glaceon would be obtained through a different evolutionary method. Not sure what the other two would be, in that case, though.

They might make it so they'd evolve in Spring and Winter, respectably. If not, then just bring back those rocks.

I wonder if Eevee will be able evolve into Glaceon and Leafeon in the winter and summer, respectively, since they were area-based. They COULD do it. Hey, XD: GOD let you evolve Espeon and Umbreon with the Sun Shard and Moon Shard.

:uhoh:

Cybapa said:
I wonder if Eevee will be able evolve into Glaceon and Leafeon in the winter and summer, respectively, since they were area-based. They COULD do it. Hey, XD: GOD let you evolve Espeon and Umbreon with the Sun Shard and Moon Shard.]
Cybapa said:
They only did that in Gamecube games because of the limitations to the system.

There isn't anything limiting Game Freak from putting in an area for Eevee to evolve into Leafeon or Glaceon once you obtain it. Unless they feel the want to change it, because the seasons are a brand new mechanic.

Remember people, new mechanics allow them to bend the rules a little. If it didn't exist prior, then adding it in now opens up new possibilities. Yes, that includes season-based evolutions, even for older Pokemon. They did it with breeding, with night and day, with happiness, and with locations. There's no way for them to break the rules if the rule didn't exist in the past.

Whether or not that means they'll change Leafeon and Glaceon, as well as others, to evolve during a season remains to be seen.

Look, There is a good way for GameFreak to impliment Pokémon changing catch rates or locations by season. Example:
Certain ice Types:
Winter: Tall Grass
Spring: High chance of finding it in a certain cave, low chance of finding in tall grass
Summer: Certain cave:
Fall/Autumn: High chance of finding in tall grass, low chance of finding in certain cave

Certain Flying Types:
Summer: found in northern Isshu
Fall: Central Isshu
Winter: Southern Isshu
Spring: Central Isshu

That way, we don't have to worry about waiting a couple of months to get a certain Pokémon if it's the wrong season, we just try a different location

Look, There is a good way for GameFreak to impliment Pokémon changing catch rates or locations by season. Example:
Certain ice Types:
Winter: Tall Grass
Spring: High chance of finding it in a certain cave, low chance of finding in tall grass
Summer: Certain cave:
Fall/Autumn: High chance of finding in tall grass, low chance of finding in certain cave

Certain Flying Types:
Summer: found in northern Isshu
Fall: Central Isshu
Winter: Southern Isshu
Spring: Central Isshu

That way, we don't have to worry about waiting a couple of months to get a certain Pokémon if it's the wrong season, we just try a different location

I like this idea. It makes more sense than completely elliminating a certain Pokemon during specific seasons.

I havnt really read this thread...but has it been confirmed how seasons are determined yet? Will it follow real-time seasons? And if so, will u have to specify ur real-world location first? Because seasons change depending where u actually are. If its an American version, then it will be winter in-game when it would be summer where I am.

I havnt really read this thread...but has it been confirmed how seasons are determined yet? Will it follow real-time seasons? And if so, will u have to specify ur real-world location first? Because seasons change depending where u actually are. If its an American version, then it will be winter in-game when it would be summer where I am.

One real life month equals one in game season.

They only did that in Gamecube games because of the limitations to the system.

There isn't anything limiting Game Freak from putting in an area for Eevee to evolve into Leafeon or Glaceon once you obtain it. Unless they feel the want to change it, because the seasons are a brand new mechanic.

Remember people, new mechanics allow them to bend the rules a little. If it didn't exist prior, then adding it in now opens up new possibilities. Yes, that includes season-based evolutions, even for older Pokemon. They did it with breeding, with night and day, with happiness, and with locations. There's no way for them to break the rules if the rule didn't exist in the past.

Whether or not that means they'll change Leafeon and Glaceon, as well as others, to evolve during a season remains to be seen.

I would put quit a bit of money down that any season based evolutions will be into and/or from new pokemon. As easy as it would be to make eevee evolve into glaceon in the winter, I really don't think it will happen. What makes eevee evolve into glaceon is the rock on route 2-whatever in sinnoh, so I don't think that will change. Especially since we have the dream world where we can capture all kinds of pokemon (eeveeloutions already have been confirmed with that game thing) so we still have a way to catch them in BW (not to mention you can still trade/pokeshift them over from your dppt like you did in hgss).

As far as the legendaries go, I could see a member of a trio appear in a certain month (season). Maybe even in the same place. Like go to a certain cave in the winter, get regice, fall, regirock, summer, registeel, and maybe even when you catch all, regigigas in the summer. Maybe birds on a mountaintop, dogs in a forest, lake guardians in a lake. But maybe have events to unlock these things.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom