• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.

Second set of Galactic Battles DVDs announced for 5/10/11

Melodies Of Life
Reaction score
why is it on a warner bros site? i thought they gave up Pokemon

Gangsta's Paradise
Reaction score
Awesome. Now wish these would work in my DVD players D: I'd love these episodes.

Reaction score
I find it funny they stopped releasing DVDs for a while, (even Movie 12 for that matter), and now they're starting again. I wonder why they stopped.

They pretty much dropped the ball with Johto DVDs, since they could have used HGSS popularity at the time to boost sales for sets of that particular saga. But I guess Viz feels Johto won't sell, so they didn't bother.

Melodies Of Life
Reaction score
I find it funny they stopped releasing DVDs for a while, (even Movie 12 for that matter), and now they're starting again. I wonder why they stopped.

They pretty much dropped the ball with Johto DVDs, since they could have used HGSS popularity at the time to boost sales for sets of that particular saga. But I guess Viz feels Johto won't sell, so they didn't bother.
well in australia pokemon dvds are real popular were even getting a battle frontier diamond and pearl box set and galactic battles part 1 all on the same day

the only box sets we dont have is battle dimension galactic battles and sinnoh league victors

Statistical Anomaly
Reaction score
I've surmised there may have been a delay due to a possible lapse in rights to the first and second movies (notice how the second movie appeared and disappeared last year from iTunes). If this is the case, it may have slowed negotiations. Purely a theory, however.

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
I'm assuming that "4 x 3 FULL FRAME" is a typo since all the episodes on these discs were made after the switch to HD.

As for the delay...maybe Viz was trying to make negotiations to release the series on Blu-Ray?

Reaction score
Whoa Pokemon on Blu ray would rock specially the movies.

Melodies Of Life
Reaction score
I'm assuming that "4 x 3 FULL FRAME" is a typo since all the episodes on these discs were made after the switch to HD.

As for the delay...maybe Viz was trying to make negotiations to release the series on Blu-Ray?
if dragon ballz z kai can make it on blu ray'' Well then anything can happen

but i would love to watch Pokemon on Blu ray'' due to me having a 50 inch plasma tv and a playstation 3 The Picture would look outstanding And that's in My room lol

Reaction score
If they also had DVDs where the Japanese music was kept, I'd be all over it.

Statistical Anomaly
Reaction score

Another possibility. WB does have a separate Blu-Ray pre-order page, but I'm not sure how closely those two are kept in sync (especially since this news came out on a Friday).

Looks like Amazon has covers:

http://www.amazon.com/Pokemon-Dp-Ga...ef=sr_1_3?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1295724031&sr=1-3
http://www.amazon.com/Pokemon-Dp-Ga...ef=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1295724031&sr=1-1
http://www.amazon.com/Pokemon-Diamo...ef=sr_1_2?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1295724031&sr=1-2