• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Second set of Galactic Battles DVDs announced for 5/10/11

I find it funny they stopped releasing DVDs for a while, (even Movie 12 for that matter), and now they're starting again. I wonder why they stopped.

They pretty much dropped the ball with Johto DVDs, since they could have used HGSS popularity at the time to boost sales for sets of that particular saga. But I guess Viz feels Johto won't sell, so they didn't bother.

I find it funny they stopped releasing DVDs for a while, (even Movie 12 for that matter), and now they're starting again. I wonder why they stopped.

They pretty much dropped the ball with Johto DVDs, since they could have used HGSS popularity at the time to boost sales for sets of that particular saga. But I guess Viz feels Johto won't sell, so they didn't bother.

well in australia pokemon dvds are real popular were even getting a battle frontier diamond and pearl box set and galactic battles part 1 all on the same day

the only box sets we dont have is battle dimension galactic battles and sinnoh league victors

I've surmised there may have been a delay due to a possible lapse in rights to the first and second movies (notice how the second movie appeared and disappeared last year from iTunes). If this is the case, it may have slowed negotiations. Purely a theory, however.

I'm assuming that "4 x 3 FULL FRAME" is a typo since all the episodes on these discs were made after the switch to HD.

As for the delay...maybe Viz was trying to make negotiations to release the series on Blu-Ray?

I'm assuming that "4 x 3 FULL FRAME" is a typo since all the episodes on these discs were made after the switch to HD.

As for the delay...maybe Viz was trying to make negotiations to release the series on Blu-Ray?

if dragon ballz z kai can make it on blu ray'' Well then anything can happen

but i would love to watch Pokemon on Blu ray'' due to me having a 50 inch plasma tv and a playstation 3 The Picture would look outstanding And that's in My room lol

If they also had DVDs where the Japanese music was kept, I'd be all over it.

Another possibility. WB does have a separate Blu-Ray pre-order page, but I'm not sure how closely those two are kept in sync (especially since this news came out on a Friday).

Looks like Amazon has covers:

http://www.amazon.com/Pokemon-Dp-Ga...ef=sr_1_3?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1295724031&sr=1-3
http://www.amazon.com/Pokemon-Dp-Ga...ef=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1295724031&sr=1-1
http://www.amazon.com/Pokemon-Diamo...ef=sr_1_2?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1295724031&sr=1-2

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom