• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Secret Bases return or House Building?

Mitchman

Simpler times ahead
Reaction score
Something raised my curiousity in the new trailers that piqued my interest, and it makes me wonder if there is a major feature not yet shown off that will be either of the two I mention in the title.
http://i.imgur.com/EzhpYJLh.jpg
The shop icon I circled is a hammer, curious innit?

I don't know if it is a hammer, if you look at a clearer image it looks like the part that would be the handle bends. It looks more like a palm tree to me, but I'm not sure what type of store would use a palm tree as their emblem. Maybe a souvenir shop? Tourist information? I'm not sure.

We can buy Alolan Exeggutors there

I indeed also see a palm tree in there, however I would absolutely love to get a house in this game since the houses are absolutely beautiful. If the PC's are old enough to travel the world alone, they're old enough to get their own house!

Yeah, it looks like a palm tree to me as well.

Oh, the resolution on my phone made it look like a hammer, a palm tree makes more sense. Either way, a store selling trees still suggests decor for something.

Either way, a store selling trees still suggests decor for something.

Well, a palm tree wouldn't necessarily suggest trees being sold. As Zeb said, it could just be like a souvenir shop or it could provide tourist information. Or it could just be a filler booth; the booths in Slateport's open-air market didn't all sell purchasable items.

You'd think Chinatown would have either a bowl of rice or a dragon pokemon as a restaurant sign.

I'm kind of on board with tourist information or a hotel like the ones were in Kalos. Either that or its the berry gardening store that usually masquerades as a full gardening center.

What if it is a Berry Shop? Maybe you can plant berries around Alola, and plant palm trees as well.

In Platinum, you get a villa which you can fill up with furniture that you purchase in there. Perhaps we might see something similar happen again?

Man I would love secret bases to be around again, or even a little house to decorate. I'm kinda mad that the sercret bases in Sinnoh are so limited (how lovely, I can have all kinds of funiture but since I can't collect flags 90% of my space is taken up by stupid rocks!!). The Villa I get later in platinum sounds nice... but it's a total let down that you don't get to decorate it yourself. You just buy furniture that gets automatically placed in a spot. |: How lame.

I wouldn't mind if Secret Bases returned since the improvements made in OR/AS made them far more enjoyable than they ever were for me in the original third version games. It would also provide a good way to level grind without just facing the same trainers over and over again. They may prefer something new for Sun/Moon instead given that they are emphasizing a lot of new features and concepts right off the bat.

I wonder if it will be a contest area that is similar to the Magicarp fishing house that wiegh your magicarp you caught. maybe alola exeggutor will be about height.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom