• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Non-Mafia Secret Eevee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or you can take the path with fewer risks and do things safely without having to make plays that put your opponents closer to winning. Every Eevee card you play is a step closer to winning that you're not taking. Yes, you can get lucky and hit the Glaceon, or you could hit a standard Eevee, or, worst case, a Pikachu if the Cop check flubbed or was taken by an Eevee.
The path with fewer risks is actually quite risky though.

I mean... there are 11 Eevee policies and only 6 Pikachu policies (5 of which are needed to win)... If you get unlucky, you could easily have those pikachu policies discarded early game and until the deck is reshuffled, you don't have access to them.

Meaning that it is a good idea to keep the eevee powers in mind as a Pikachu.

The most common flow of the game is that early on it's mostly pikachu cards up to the point where they get rare when eevee starts to rise. The eevee wincon is electing glaceon. They could easily talk about how the glaceon is playing towny and how he should be chosen.

The path with fewer risks is actually quite risky though.

I mean... there are 11 Eevee policies and only 6 Pikachu policies (5 of which are needed to win)... If you get unlucky, you could easily have those pikachu policies discarded early game and until the deck is reshuffled, you don't have access to them.

Meaning that it is a good idea to keep the eevee powers in mind as a Pikachu.
At that point it's not like you're being given a choice anyway. Of course you play an Eevee card if it's literally the only option provided to you, at which point you get the powers anyway because the game forced this suboptimal situation on you.
So you still play the ideal situation you can with what you're given, which is using the Pikachu cards while you have them, waiting for them to go back in later after circumstances have forced the bad results, and still never letting anyone who let an Eevee card go through get elected again, because you'll still have plenty to pick from assuming all town players play in the most sensible fashion.

The most common flow of the game is that early on it's mostly pikachu cards up to the point where they get rare when eevee starts to rise. The eevee wincon is electing glaceon. They could easily talk about how the glaceon is playing towny and how he should be chosen.
What even is "playing towny" in this game? I honestly can't see how much you can realistically do to "look towny" other than playing Pikachu cards.

With a pikachu choosing between a pikachu/eevee card, it's a risk/reward option. Do you play the safe card (Pikachu), or do you play the eevee card, knowing that the president will get the ability to cop check, or vig kill, etc

What even is "playing towny" in this game? I honestly can't see how much you can realistically do to "look towny" other than playing Pikachu cards.
This is supposed to be a social deduction game... The table top version is usually very chatty, but for some reason, this game wasn't as chatty as it should be.

With a pikachu choosing between a pikachu/eevee card, it's a risk/reward option. Do you play the safe card (Pikachu), or do you play the eevee card, knowing that the president will get the ability to cop check, or vig kill, etc
I dunno, I just can't see the point to willingly playing the card that brings your enemies closer to winning, when you could play the card that actively prevents them from being able to win. Especially if you know it's likely that the game will force a couple of those Eevee cards eventually, why would you not want to put yourself in the most advantageous position possible by preventing any chance of your enemies from winning for as long as humanly possible?
The consistent win is better than the flashy win. The flashy win may make a better story later, but the consistent win is the thing that gets the most, well, consistent, results.

I don't know if anyone noticed but all the actual Pikachus in the games were Eevees :p
I was amused when RNG brought that up.

For those that don't know, I always RNG a list of players exactly ten times (No more, no less) to try to ensure that it is sufficiently randomised, using random.org. And it came up with this on the tenth time. (If you're wondering, no I don't like at RNGs 1-9, so I don't know what they were)

I was amused when RNG brought that up.

For those that don't know, I always RNG a list of players exactly ten times (No more, no less) to try to ensure that it is sufficiently randomised, using random.org. And it came up with this on the tenth time. (If you're wondering, no I don't like at RNGs 1-9, so I don't know what they were)
But why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom