• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Secret Fascist: Pokémon Edition - End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Welcome to Secret Fascist: Pokémon Edition!
This is a game based on a board game with a similar name.
I've never played the game, but I have seen videos of it and it looks pretty fun.
I decided to make a forum version of that game for you all to enjoy. :)
This game will have a Pokémon theme

This game requires a minimum of 5 players with up to the max of 10. More players means a few slight changes in rules for balancing purposes.

Talking about the rules...
1. Forum Rules and War Room Rules always apply.
2. Please be active. You may be subbed out if you don't participate and perform you actiosn for a while.
3. If you change your username mid-game, please state your old and new ones in-thread and mention the host(s).
4. Rules are subject to change. The host(s) will make sure to mention you if that happens. Your Role PM may also list exceptions to any of these rules.
5. No loophole abuse at all, please. You may ask the host(s) if a specific action you are unsure over would be considered a loophole in private and they may let it slide. However, obvious loopholes that are clearly outside the nature of the game abused without informing the host(s) beforehand may be faced with a zero-tolerance policy.
6. Outside communication (that is, communication that occurs outside of this thread) is not allowed.
7. After dying in the game, you may post more but said posts may not contain game-relevant information.
8. Please bold every action you do in your PM and in the thread.
9. Nameclaiming is not allowed.
10. The most important rule. Have fun!

(Any spoiler in here only applies to the mentioned amount of players.)
This is a long explanation, so please bear with me and feel free to ask questions if anything is unclear.

Factions
In this game you are 1 of 2 teams, the Originals and the Clones.
The majority of players will be part of the Originals, they do not know who their allies are.
The Clones consist of the regular Clones and 1 Clone Leader (Mewtwo). The regular Clones know each other and Mewtwo. Mewtwo doesn't know who the other Clones are
Unlike Mafia, the Clones will have no OC chat.

Wincons
The core mechanic of the game is to enact a policy of each faction in the game. How this will be done will be explained in a moment.

The Originals win by enacting 5 Original Policies or by killing Mewtwo.
The Clones win by enacting 6 Clone Policies or (after at least 3 Clone Policies are enacted) by making Mewtwo the Chancellor.

Round Setup
1. In the first round only, I will setup and shuffle a "deck" of policies for myself, this will include 6 Original and 11 Clone Policies.
2. I will randomly select 1 player for the first round as the first President.
For any round after the president will be the next player in the player list.
3. The President publically nominates another player to become Chancellor.
The successful President and Chancellor of last round cannot be nominated for Chancellor this round.
Previous President can be nominated.

Voting
At this point all players make a vote, either Yes! or No!, to determine if the players accept the nominated Chancellor of this round.
You have a total of 48 hours to cast a vote, you cannot change your vote.
When vote majority is reached the voting ends.
The majority is 50% for No! and over 50% for Yes!.
In the case of a tie the result will be No!.

If the result is a No! a new round will start. If 3 rounds in a row result in a No!, the top policy of the deck will be enacted. At this point every player can be nominated for the following round.

If the result is a Yes!, however, we move on the the Policy Enaction.

Policy Enaction
From this point till the point where a policy is enacted, the President and the Chancellor are not allowed to talk in thread.

The President privately gets the top 3 policies from the deck. They then privately discard 1 of the 3.
The remaining 2 policies will be privately revealed to the Chancellor. They must privately pick one policy, this chosen policy will be enacted. The President and the Chancellor may talk in thread again.

After this we start a new round, unless a power activates.

Presidentail Powers
After a Clone policy is enacted, depending on the amount that are already enacted, the President must use a certain power.

Which power activated at which point depends on the amount of players.
To get an idea of what it does, here are all possibilities:

Cop check the alliance of a player.
Special Election interrupt the president cycle by choosing any other player to become the next president. After that round the cycle continues from the President that used this power.
Policy Check Check the upcoming 3 policies.
Execution Kill a player. Their role will not be revealed unless it's Mewtwo.
Veto The Chancellors may discard both polices from this point onward, the President must then accept or deny the discard. If denied, the Chancellor must choose a policy. If accepted, the next round starts and this round will be counted as a Nein! result.

Any power that would activate is ignored when the top policy is enacted because of 3 No!'s

After this the round restarts with the following president.
The deck will be completely reshuffled if there are less than 3 policies left.

1. Cop
2. Cop
3. Special Election
4. Execution
5. Execution + Veto

I do not own the original board game idea.
All rights are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Players:
1. @jdthebud
2. @AussieEevee
3. @Weiss Schnee
4. @Great Glaceon
5. @Midorikawa
6. @Pika_pika42
7. @Feenie @Lone_Garurumon
8. @Pikochu
9. @Zachie
10. @Elementar

Subs:
1. @Lone_Garurumon

Spectators:
1. @SoaringDylan

Last edited:
Cool. I have played the board game before, it's a pretty fun game with a lot of players, so I hope we get 9 or 10. :)

I've made a change to the game in terms of flavour.

It will now be a political debate between original pokemon and clone pokemon.
I've made some small changes to the rules. If you've read them, no worry I've made the following changes:
I've changed Liberal to Original and Fascist to Clones.
The clone leader shall be Mewtwo.

To get more involved into the game, I will give every player that is not Mewtwo a pokémon as well.
Because of this: Nameclaiming is not allowed.

Once the game starts, I will also give you some flavour text:)
I hope you will like it

(Thanks @AussieEevee for the idea of a pokemon theme)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom