• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Secret Key questions- urgent!

VeggiePopper

Doc Octillery FTW
Reaction score
Finally, I'm buying Pokémon Platinum tomorrow. I'm in a rush 'cause Bulbapedia says you can download the Secret Key to Rotom's new formes until May 12, and you know, that date is so close now! But I have a few questions about the availability of this item.

1. First of all, the Bulbapedia article on the Secret Key says American players can download it through Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection from April 20 to May 12. What does it mean by "North American players", all the North America region (Canada, USA and Mexico) or just the USA and Canada? Because I live in Mexico, and Nintendo's practices towards my country are sometimes (more often than not) exclussive, which makes me doubt if Mexican people can actually download the Key.

2. Can it be downloaded anytime in the game or do I need t accomplish certain requisites or make up to a certain point in the game progress in order to be able to download it (like, for example, owning a Rotom or having had already access to the Galctic Eterna Building)?

Thanks.

By North American, I believe it just refers to those players who have the North American version of the game, as opposed to the European or Japanese versions. Wi-Fi is the same throughout the world, it's just dependent on the game you connect with.

I believe that you can download it whenever you want; you just won't be able to do anything with it until you get Rotom later in the game. You won't be able to get Mystery Gift until you have access to the Jubilife TV Station, however.

By North American, I believe it just refers to those players who have the North American version of the game, as opposed to the European or Japanese versions. Wi-Fi is the same throughout the world, it's just dependent on the game you connect with.

I believe that you can download it whenever you want; you just won't be able to do anything with it until you get Rotom later in the game. You won't be able to get Mystery Gift until you have access to the Jubilife TV Station, however.

Yeah when I asked about requisites I meant special ones, of course it's obvioous that the normal requisit of getting to Jubilife is still needed, but that doesn't bring trouble, as you can get there in a second.

Um, I've been having a problem. I followed all the instructions on Pokemon Platinum.com, but when I try to connect to to Nintendo WFC, I get this message:

No compatible access point in range. Check your connection settings and try again.

Hurry! This is the last day!

Um, I've been having a problem. I followed all the instructions on Pokemon Platinum.com, but when I try to connect to to Nintendo WFC, I get this message:

No compatible access point in range. Check your connection settings and try again.

Hurry! This is the last day!

Are you in a location where wireless is available?

If you're using your own wireless router, it's possible that either other devices are hogging the wireless connection (in which case you can either turn them off first, or configure your DS IP address to be different than the others), or that your firewall or some other security measure is preventing you from connecting.

If you're just using hotspots, then it may be either the first reason I stated above, or the hotspot signal strength is not strong enough to support the connection.

If an error code is appearing on your DS screen every time your problem occurs, you can try submitting the error code at Nintendo's support site here...

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/lookup.jsp

Hope that helps. If all else fails and you miss the deadline, then you can always try finding someone who can share you the Secret Key.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom