• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Secret Santa 2018 - The Re-Sataning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
Behold, after a year's absence, the Fun and Games Secret Santa event has officially made its return! If you've ever done any kind of Secret Santa before, then you've got a rough idea of how this is gonna go down. But here's the overview
  1. People who want to take part in the event express their interest in the thread, and if you want, you can answer some or all of the questions listed at the end of the OP to help your Secret Santa know what to give you. Sign ups will remain open until the 30th of November.
  2. Once sign-ups are done, each player will be randomly assigned to another, this will be the person you gift to. Remember that this is Secret Santa, so you won't know who got you, nobody will know who you've gotten. So shhhhhhh.
  3. Once you've been assigned your recipient, you'll have a few days to put together a theme (avatar, signature, usertitle, and optionally a location) for that player to use (The avatars and signatures do not need to be made by yourself, using pre-existing images is fine). Send the theme you've created to me and I'll forward them through to your recipient.
  4. Once you have your theme simply set it up on your account and use it throughout the holiday season.
Now, while this is meant to be a fun game to play, we do have a few rules to keep in mind
  • Keep themes appropriate and friendly. You can make pretty much any kind of theme you want, but just remember to keep it within the forum rules, and don't go for anything too embarrassing or intentionally mean spirited.
  • Use the theme you're given. By signing up for the event you're agreeing to use the theme that your Santa has created for you, even if it's not what you expected or even a little bit embarrassing. That's just part of the fun. If you really aren't comfortable with the theme you've received though, let me know and I'll try to work something out.
  • Stay on time. Please try to create your theme in a timely manner. It's no fun if the player only gets their theme a few days before the month's end. If you don't think you're going to have time to put together the theme, then maybe you should pass this year. If something comes up to prevent you from making the theme during the prep period, then just let me know and I'll try to work something out. The intent is for all themes to be made and distributed by the 5th of December.
  • Make sure the avatars and signatures are within the forum limits. I will double check all of these before I forward them on to the recipient, but it'll just be easier on everyone if you make sure they're all within the limits and ready to go once you send them. The signature limits are as follows:
    2. Don't have a signature outside the allowed limits (Excessive signature, 2 points, 1 month)
    -The combined size of all images and text should not exceed 600 pixels wide, 160 tall, and 500 kB. Spoiler tags, scroll bars, etc are not allowed.
    The avatar limit is 50 kB. This has nothing to do with any forum rules, it's just the max size the forum will let you upload for avatars.
  • Do you have a favorite movie or genre of movie?
  • Video game? TV show? Book series? Song/Artist?
  • What is your favorite color?
  • Do you have any favorite celebrities or fictional characters?
  • What is your favorite Pokémon or Pokémon character?
  • Do you have any interests or hobbies you really enjoy that wasn't covered by the other questions?
  • Is anything completely off limits as a gift? (you can PM me personally if you'd like and I can let only your Secret Santa know if it's more personal)

Naturally I'll be taking part also, but I'll choose not to answer any questions. Whoever gets me can just go nuts.

Very interested to see the things people come up with. Have fun and Happy Holidays!

Last edited:
In :)

Do you have a favorite movie or genre of movie?

Favourite movie genre wouuld be science fiction.

Video game? TV show? Book series? Song/Artist?
Favourite video games series would be Sonic and Pokemon.
Favourite TV shows; Red Dwarf, My Little Pony Friendship is Magic.
Books series; Harry Potter series.
Song/Artist; not really that into music.

What is your favorite color?

Rainbows or Green

Do you have any favorite celebrities or fictional characters?
Not really a fan of any celebrities.
Fictional Characters; Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Scootaloo, Luna (MLP:FiM), Tails, Rouge, Tikal, Chaos (Sonic)

What is your favorite Pokémon or Pokémon character?
My favourite pokemon is Mew, also a fan of Dragonite, Umbreon, Typhlosion, Chikorita, Bayleef, Meganium, Ninetales, Ho-Oh, Grovyle, Lopunny, Ampharos.
Favourite pokemon characters; Misty, Lance, Jasmine, Clair, Miror B.

Do you have any interests or hobbies you really enjoy that wasn't covered by the other questions?
No

Is anything completely off limits as a gift? (you can PM me personally if you'd like and I can let only your Secret Santa know if it's more personal)
No, you don't have to stick to these suggestions either, have fun :D

Count me in.

Do you have a favorite movie or genre of movie?

I guess I like Star Wars and arthouse cinema.

Video Game - Call of Duty Black Ops 4, Pokemon BW/B2W2, Pokemon DPPt, Pokemon ORAS, Pokemon XY
Favorite Book Series is Harry Potter
Negative on song/artist

What is your favorite color?

Green

Do you have any favorite celebrities or fictional characters?

Incineroar, Lord Voldemort, Darth Vader, Greninja, Lucario

I don't have any particular celebrity I am fond of

What is your favorite Pokémon or Pokémon character?

lol

Do you have any interests or hobbies you really enjoy that wasn't covered by the other questions?

Not really. I live in a bubble consisting of Pokemon, Star Wars, and Harry Potter

Is anything completely off limits as a gift? (you can PM me personally if you'd like and I can let only your Secret Santa know if it's more personal)

Surprise me.

I'll join

I'm a fan of harry potter, shrek, 20,000 leagues under the sea, monty python and the holy grail, etc
I really like zelda: skyward sword, xenoblade chronicles, pokemon sun/moon/ultra sun/ultra moon, luigi's mansion dark moon, and more. TV shows I like include south park, futurama, adventure time, rick and morty, steven universe, supernatural, the walking dead, gravity falls, etc.
Purple. I quite like pink, black, and blue too.
ghirahim, terezi pyrope, remilia scarlet, satori komeiji, hanzō urushihara, porky minch, luigi, petey piranha, peridot, vivian (paper mario), bowser jr., yuno gasai, eric cartman, hisoka morow, etc.
my favorite pokemon is sableye. I also really like sharpedo, mimikyu, guzzlord, stunfisk, gourgeist, swalot, furret, misdreavus, jigglypuff, lurantis, araquanid, omastar, hydreigon, tapu lele, minior, etc. Favorite characters include blue, miror b., grimsley, sabrina, acerola, nanu, etc.

• Is anything completely off limits as a gift? (you can PM me personally if you'd like and I can let only your Secret Santa know if it's more personal)
anything involving swimsuits makes me uncomfortable

check out my profile if you want more info about me

Last edited:
  • Staff
Also, something that I've been asked about and should probably go in the OP next year because it's come up both years we've done this: You do not need to make the avatar or signature yourself, using pre-existing images for these is fine.

You know what, I'll participate.

I suppose if I had to choose a favourite movie, it'd be Stargate: Ark of Truth.

Oh boy. In no particular order.

World of Warcraft
Stargate
Star Trek (2005 and before)
Star Wars (2014 and before)
Mass Effect (including Andromeda)
Pokemon
Power Rangers
Kamen Rider
Super Sentai
Slim Dusty (Music)

Blue

In no particular order:

Jaina Proudmoore (Warcraft)
Jaina Solo (Star Wars)
Captain Ben Sisko (Star Trek)
Captain John Archer (Star Trek)
May (Pokemon)
Dawn (Pokemon)
Serena (pokemon)
Ash (pokemon)
Colonel Jack O'Neill (Stargate)
Colonel John Shepard (Stargate)

Growlithe and Eevee. Though I'm a fan of any cute dog/fox like pokemon.

• Do you have any interests or hobbies you really enjoy that wasn't covered by the other questions?
I'm a web developer.

Anything related to Pokemon Go, Let's Go, Star Wars post-2014 or Star Trek post-2005.

Sounds like fun, sign me up.

Do you have a favourite movie or genre of movie?
I'm not big on movies but games and books, I love a good mystery, fantasy is.... fantastical.
Oh boy.... That's quite the question... To name a few... Spyro, Ratchet & Clank, Dragon Age, Little King's Story, I just love open world games really, the exploration is fun.
TV shows? I watch a fair amount of Netflix & anime. I love the French cartoon Wakfu and also enjoyed classic Cartoon Network such as Samurai Jack, Dexter's Laboratory and Kids Next Door. Some live action shows I enjoy are The Good Doctor, Downton Abbey, Blacklist & Gotham. I have a link to the anime I've seen and rated if you want to get an understanding of what I like:
https://www.anime-planet.com/users/ZinnLav/anime/watched
Usually anime with a mystery behind it or cute guys, to name a few: Assassination Classroom, Cells at Work, Code Geass, Psycho Pass & Future Diary
I also love Steins;Gate, Danganronpa & the Zero Escape series which are visual novels by the developer Spike Chunsoft

Loving a good mystery, my favourite author is Agatha Christie "The Queen of Crime" and thus I love all her novels. I'm big on manga too, I'm currently reading My Hero Academia & Black Butler. Lord of the Rings is a good book series I enjoy too.
I'm not really big on music, but I enjoy classic rock, JPop & regular classical.
What is your favourite colour?
My favourite colour is Royal Purple, I also like Black & Dark Red (In case my avatar didn't make that clear enough)
Do you have any favourite celebrities or fictional characters?
Celebrities? pfft, not really. As for fictional characters, there are so many I love (see my loved characters on anime-planet to see what I mean) ones that stand out would include: Kokichi Oma, Grell Sutcliff, Lelouch Lamporege and Ciel Phantomhive
What is your favourite Pokémon or Pokémon character?
My favourite Pokémon is Gallade, my favourite type is Ghost, favourite gym leaders are Tate & Liza, my favourite E4 member is Lucian, my favourite champion is Cynthia & Ruby is my favourite Pokémon Special manga character.
Let's see... anime nerd... bookworm... gamer... That about covers it, for extra information to be gleaned from me see my post here:
~ Community Question of the Week ~ What is the dumbest way you’ve been injured?
Not that I can think of, but if something comes up I'll let Lone know so a replacement for it can be arranged.

I might've went overboard but at least it gives whoever gets me plenty of options to pick from, so I won't be hearing any complaints about that!
I'm not too fussy really and I love answering questions about myself because I'm just that vain.

I can't wait to do this, it'll be fun!

Last edited:
You know what? I’ll try this thing out this year!

Well, I do tend to like comedy as well as sci-fi/fantasy movies. Some specific movies I enjoy include Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, WALL-E, The Brave Little Toaster, The Simpsons Movie, Groundhog Day, and Zoolander.

Video games I like include Pokémon (naturally; I’ve played Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, White, and Ultra Sun versions, as well as Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia), and Mario games such as Super Mario Galaxy, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Super Mario Maker, Super Mario 3D World and Bowser’s Inside Story.

TV shows I like include Phineas and Ferb, Heroes, Star Trek TNG (haven’t watched it all yet), Gravity Falls (also haven’t watched it all), and Doctor Who (see previous; I’ve mostly seen several episodes with the 9th Doctor, plus a few with the 1st).

In the way of literature, I particularly like the Harry Potter books, the Hunger Games trilogy, and Les Misérables.

My favorite musical artist is They Might Be Giants. I love their wide variety of fun, weird and quirky songs and music videos. I also enjoy listening to Modest Mouse and Jason Mraz.

I definitely love purple, but I also like red, blue, teal, and bright green a lot.

Fictional characters outside of Pokémon I happen to like include Hiro Nakamura and Sylar (Heroes), the Daleks (Doctor Who), Radio (The Brave Little Toaster), Q (Star Trek TNG), Discord (MLP), Peter Pettigrew (Harry Potter), Gentleman Ghost (DC Comics), Fawful (Mario), and Rumpelstiltskin (Once Upon a Time).

My very favorite Pokémon is Dhelmise, and I also love Xurkitree, Stakataka, Nihilego, Meltan, Metapod, Spewpa, Charjabug, Klefki, Snorunt, Glalie, Magnezone, Lampent, Chandelure, Primarina, Brionne, Braixen, Trevenant, Golisopod, Kyogre, Regice, Aegislash, Whirlipede, Scolipede, Wailord, Hitmonlee, Omanyte, Anorith, Archeops, Sigilyph, Crobat, Claydol, Stunfisk, Gliscor...okay, this list is getting pretty long and I’ve only dipped into my pool of favorites, lol.

In the way of human Pokémon characters, my very favorite is Nanu. I also like Guzma, Molayne, Acerola, Hala, Olivia, Brock, Skyla, N, and Cyrus.

I do enjoy photography and canoeing.

• Is anything completely off limits as a gift?
Animal products (meat, dairy, eggs, etc.) Aw, and you were so excited to have me theme Spam. I do not eat them, Sam-I-Am!

Of course, if you think something else works as a theme for me, you’re not restricted to just what I’ve named in the list.

Last edited:
I will sign up also!

My favourite movies are (appropriately Christmas-y) Home Alone and Home Alone 2.
  • Video game?
Pokemon, obv. (fave games are Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, Platinum, Black/White/Black 2/White 2)
Also Zork Nemesis. King's Quest, favourite one is VII. Space Quest, favourite one is IV. Peggle, Peggle Nights. The Incredible Machine 3. Rayman and Rayman 2 (but none of the others!). And Spider Solitaire, lol.
  • TV show?
Just too many.
The Thick of It is my absolute fave, I would say I quote it the most.
  • Song/Artist?
Too many favourite songs, but a lot of them are by these artists:
The Beatles
Florence & the Machine
Marina and the Diamonds
Sara Bareilles
Lily Allen
Kesha
Dark Green, and maybe Sky Blue
The comedy creation of Peter Serafinowicz that is Brian Butterfield could be a fave celebrity, lol.
Fictional characters - Mostly NPCs in Pokemon. Hoenn Elite Four. Unova gym leaders. Oh, Gordon from Thomas the Tank Engine. And Rheneas. But not CGI animation Thomas era!!
I basically have a top 8 - Meganium, Miltank, Flygon, Walrein, Salamence, Alomomola, Mandibuzz and Keldeo. It extends to their evolutionary relatives, too. And I love both Keldeo's forms.

Whitney is my favourite gym leader. Glacia is my favourite Elite Four member. Arcade Star Dahlia is my favourite Frontier Brain.
Dogs are awesome. Big dogs, specifically. Also birds of prey. Forests. Mountains. These are relevant... words.

=\ I wanna try it, but excuse me in advance for my poor artistical skills! :D

I like fantastical and Sci-fi movie. I like movies that make you think or drama. I like funny movies too. Well I like all kind of movies. It's too difficult to just pick one.
I'm a big fan of Video Game! My top 5 is probably :
1) Okami
2) Persona 4/5
3) Shadow of the Collossus
4) Chrono Trigger
5) Elder Scrolls series
6) Final Fantasy VI

TV Show?
Not a real fan of TV Show. I enjoyed Breaking Bad, Black Mirror.
I'm more a fan of Anime! There is too much to tell. I like oldies and new ones alike. As long it's not focusing on fan-servicing.

Book Series
Not reading a lot of books lately. I was a big fans of AD&D, and Stephen King though.

Song/Artist
I love Video Game Music, and J-Pop. I'm a fan of Heavy Metal, Rock, Alternative, Grunge, etc.... I don't like Hip Hop or Rap so much. I'm not a fan of Pop music either.
BLUE! I like red too.
Not really. I'm a fan of dragons in general.
Charmeleon of course! I like all the Chars. For the trainers, I kinda like Alain and Lance. Oh, and Kiawe too.
I enjoy boardgames and hiking. What I enjoy the most is passing time with my family and friends.
I enjoy jokes with good taste, so anything within the rules is fine by me!

Once you've been assigned your recipient, you'll have a few days to put together a theme (avatar, signature, usertitle, and optionally a location) for that player to use (The avatars and signatures do not need to be made by yourself, using pre-existing images is fine). Send the theme you've created to me and I'll forward them through to your recipient.
I just want to quickly clarify this if I may.

So, since I have no artistic talent, I am allowed to get the images from Google? I assume, as part of the overall forum rules, that you'd want the link to where I got it from if it's not official artwork for whatever franchise I am using? (If I use a franchise)

I just want to quickly clarify this if I may.

So, since I have no artistic talent, I am allowed to get the images from Google? I assume, as part of the overall forum rules, that you'd want the link to where I got it from if it's not official artwork for whatever franchise I am using? (If I use a franchise)
Yes. So long as the artist gets credit, you can source the images from wherever you want.

All themes have been created and distributed. I wound up removing myself from the list, since I figured it kinda broke the spirit of the game if I knew who mine was.
If anyone doesn't have their themes just let me know. You should all have them though.
Also, it occurs to me that in the process of adding credits to the signatures, I kiiiiiiinda sorta totally gave away who made half of your themes. So uhh, I was gonna save this until after the holidays, but I figure there's no point in hiding them at this point. So, here's who did who:
@KenderCharmeleon -> @NMLewis
@Rainbow Cloud -> @ZinnLav
@IncineROAR -> @Rainbow Cloud
@Squid-chan -> @KenderCharmeleon
@AussieEevee -> @MegaPod
@ZinnLav -> @IncineROAR
@MegaPod -> @AussieEevee
@NMLewis -> @Squid-chan

I wound up removing myself from the list, since I figured it kinda broke the spirit of the game if I knew who mine was.

@Lone_Garurumon, this is yours.

banner.png

Banner credit goes to AussieEevee with help from Digimon Adventures Wiki and Bulbapedia

Title: Lone Wolf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom