• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Seeking Experienced RPers For a Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tye Taylors

You Know The Name
Reaction score
I would prefer an RP in Kanto (subject to change by popular vote) with that being said: any pokemon may be caught (as long as explaination is valid)

So, I am looking for a few (max 5 RPers, that are fluently active

Details:

I will be rping random attacks of Team Rocket, and it will ultimately lead to a "final battle".
And I will also control any and all NPCs nessecary for the plot (gym leaders, random trainers, wild pokemon etc)

You have 3 choices for a type of character: Trainer, Coordinator, or Ranger

Trainer:
Your goal will be to clear the gyms and win the league, possibly fighting team rocket along the way.

Coordinator:
Compete in contests, make it to the Grand Festival

Ranger:
Uncover team rocket's plot by using pokemon as partners.

Your character can be from any reigon, but they must be a "rookie" at what they do and must start in the first town.

Ok, so Rules:

1) No god mods or mary-sueing

2) You want to evolve, catch a pokemon, or intiate a battle with an NPC, message me, I will approve (or deny) and commence RPing.

3) Swearing and violence will be tolerated but not in every line.

4) Sexual themes can be implied but generally keep it PG-13

5) I reserve the right to remove any character from the RP

6) My word is law, if I tell you not to do something...don't do it

7) No flaming

8) Remain active or inform me before you leave for a long period

9) If you read the whole thing put "Original 150" in your sign-up.

The sign-up:

Name:
Nickname:
Type: (Trainer, Coordintor, Or Ranger)
Appearence:
Picture: (Must have pic or Appearence or both)
Personality:
Background: (How did they end up how they are now? Why do they act how they act?)
Starter Pokemon: (Please pic one from my list below *no repeats*)
Pokemon Owned: (Update as you catch, first 6 will be party)
RP Sample:

Pokemon:
Pikachu
Meowth
Riolu Claimed by me :3
Eevee
Shinx
Growlithe
Elekid
Magby
Starly
Charmander
Cyndaquil
Torchic
Chimchar
Tepig
Bulbasaur
Chicorita
Treecko
Turtwig
Snivy Taken by Calvin
Squirtle
Totodile
Mudkip
Piplup
Oshawatt Taken by Calvin

I will post my sign-up soon,

Last edited:
A small question, by ranger, are you referring to the trainer class ranger, or the kind from the spin off?

Name: Calvin & Camille O'Brien
Nickname:
Type: Trainer(Calvin)/Coordinator(Camille)
Appearance: Calvin has short, light brown, spiky hair that he keeps short and as well-kempt as possible. Camille has long light brown hair that goes to her waist, and is usually kept in a ponytail. It acts as sort of a humidity meter. When the humidity is low, her hair is straight and shiny. When it is very humid, her hair is dull, wavy, and frizzed, no matter what she does to it. Calvin has baby blue eyes that darken in shade when he's angry or sad. In the normal shade, they're like the sky. Camille's eyes are the same baby blue, and they sparkle alluringly in the right light, like the ocean. Both have pale skin with a few dark freckles from uneven sun exposure. Calvin is considered tall by most, at 5'7”. Camille is only a few inches shorter at 5'4”. Calvin weighs somewhere around 150 pounds, while Camille clocks in at 120. Calvin has a toned, lean frame from his rigorous training. Camille is slim and toned with curves in the right places, and a lot of baby fat on her face and hips. Calvin has large eyes, a small nose, normal lips, and somewhat jagged facial frame. Camille has the aforementioned baby fat, big eyes, a normal sized nose, and somewhat puffy lips. Calvin has a birthmark under his right eye, and on his right hip. Camille has hers on the opposite side. Calvin wears a size 14 shoe, and Camille wears a size 10. Calvin tends to wear sleeveless cargo vests, cargo jeans and long sleeve shirts. He prefers colors that are inverses of each other. Camille wears shirts with short puffy sleeves, knee-length slitted skirts, pantyhose, and ballerina shoes.

Personality: Neither Calvin nor Camille like strangers, and are extremely cautious around them. Around friends, they Calvin is extremely quiet, and waits until he is called upon to express something. Camille is extremely shy, and has trouble expressing herself, even when she is called upon to speak. Calvin is sarcastic when he speaks, and will take any opportunity to make a joke, which often leads to a standup routine. Despite this, he is most stone serious. Camille stammers a lot, and will mumble while talking. Eventually, if she is kept talking long enough, she will start to get more confident, and may even tell jokes while remaining serious. If Calvin is insulted, he will fire back with a witty comment that is based on the first thing that comes to mind, which is always the truth. And he will twist it in a way to make it hurt. Badly. Mind you, that's if he's had his latest dose of medication. If not, two words: casualties abound. The most common reaction is to try and get his foot stuck in the ass of the offender. That's the good reaction. Otherwise, he will just attack. Camille will hesitantly go on a tirade about the other person's flaws, but because of an ineptitude at insulting, they usually sound like compliments. Calvin typically swears a bit, especially when using his favorite catchphrase. Camille only ever swears when mad, the probability of which depends on the time of month. She is extremely angry when it's that time of the month. Otherwise, she's mostly gentle and sweet. When Camille has mood swings, she may burst into tears randomly and for no reason. Mood swings are random as well.

Background: Calvin and Camille were born in Castelia City in the Unova region. They were the youngest, having an older sister and brother. They were envied by the other kids because they had both parents in their lives. They were antisocial due to their Aspergers, and were always inseparable. Due to their inseparability, those who didn't know them thought they were a couple. They had no friends, but people constantly wanted to be their friends. When they turned 10, they wanted to start a journey through Unova with their new Pokémon. However, due to unforeseen events, they ended up going to Kanto, which they know nothing of.
Starter Pokemon: Snivy(Calvin)/Oshawott(Camille)

Pokemon Owned: (Update as you catch, first 6 will be party)

RP Sample:"Nngh..." Calvin murmured, waking up from the sun in his face. He sat up and looked at the time on his Pokénav, and found that he'd been asleep for longer than he wanted to be. He got up, and stepped over his Snivy, who was curled up at the side of the bed. Smiling, he recalled her, and got himself ready. Once he was done, he exited his room and stopped to think about where to go.

"Who turned the sun on...?" Camille murmured, getting out of bed. She could tell by the light that she had overslept, and began to get herself ready. After getting ready, she found her Pokémon scattered about the room. Her Eevee was by the bed, her Larvesta was on top of the bedside lamp, and her Bagon and Horsea were on the bed. She recalled them, and left her room, and casually greeted Calvin, who acknowledged her with a nod. They went out onto the main deck, pointedly avoiding everyone present, while also watching them to make sure nothing was out of the ordinary. They settled near a rail, letting the salty air sting the exposed scars on the faces and arms as they kept a careful watch over everything.

Other: Original 150

Last edited:
Sorry, forgo to put age...please edit it in, my fault

And Accepted, but you may want to re-read the rules :p

EDIT: Also forgot to add the type of trainer, please inlude that :)

Last edited:
Name: Sammy Saleem
Nickname: N/A
Type: Ranger

Appearence:Sammy has light brown hair, which she keeps in a pony tale. She has green eyes, and has white skin. She wears the basic uniform of an area ranger of Almia region, when she has too. When she doesn't have to she wears a green T-shirt with brown pants. She also wears brown boots and a jacket with a red scarf when it gets cold.

Personality:Sammy has a rather calm personalty, and a rather large temper, what this means is that if some one makes her anger, she won't show it, but will slowly accumulate it, until she explodes. She likes to help people, and pokemon too, of course. She dislikes law breakers, and has a strong scene of Justice, but may go to far. She has had her dumb monuments though.

Background: Sammy was born on Boyleland island, where she was raised. Her mother was an engineer, while her father was a scientist that studied volcanoes. she was often found playing with the pokemon that could be found there. She became interested in becoming a Ranger after one saved her from an angry Hariyama. When she got old enough she went to the ranger school. She later graduated, and on a visit back to her home town, befriend a Magby. she was later sent to Kanto(or which ever region is decided) to help investigate the threat.

Starter Pokemon: Magby

Pokemon Owned: Magby

RP Sample:
From Phoenix Academy for Pokemon Training:
Meg looked up from her book, "Cooking for beginners" She looked up at the large clock that was hung on the wall. We sould be getting there soon, It's been such a long trip, she thought. She then heard a scratching sound. she looked around the cabin only to find that her large thunder bug was making the sounds as it raked it's claws down the door.

"You wanna go out Shocker?" Meg inquired "Why?". The Galvantula replied by running in circles around the cabin, even on to the roof. "so you need to get some of that energy out? well you are an Electric type, always restless" She got out of her bed and reached for her regular clothes. After putting them on she stared out of the cabin and towards the deck "the others may like excising too, I heard the sunrise is lovely on the sea, we keep on over sleeping though." Meg stated. her reply was just the hissing happy sound that her shocker made.

Original 150

Accepted Thank you, and have a good day.

One More Spot Open Until Countdown is Initiated
(New members can still join during countdown)

My Sign-up:

Name: Tye Taylors
Type: Trainer
Appearence: Look at my profile pic :p
Personality: Tye is naturally cool and collected, with that being said, when he is upset it is usually very extreme. He is a very passionate boy who fights for what he thinks is right and for what he beleives in. Tye is usually very tough on himself despite what others think, he also tends to draw attention from the ladies due to the fact that he is very chivilrous and alway puts others above himself.
Background: Tye has casually lived in the world of pokemon with his partner, Fus, who he has lived with since birth. He has been living in a residence in Pallet town. His father died at age 10, his mother left him alone soon after, he lives alone with his pokemon off of his father's insurance money.
Starter Pokemon: Riolu, Fus
Pokemon Owned:

Last edited:
Name: Patrick O'Brien

Nickname: Pat

Appearence: One of Patrick's most notable features is his red-orange curly hair, as well as his piercing green eyes and freckles. He typically wears a red jacket over a black shirt and khaki cargo pants.

Personality: Patrick is known for his fiery disposition, which he often attributes to his Irish heritage as well as his competitive drive. He is not, however, prone to losing it, as some have assumed. (This does seriously irritate him.) He is not one for passing up a challenge, and he is especially eager to prove his mettle against the gyms of the Kanto region.

Background: Although Patrick has always been interested in Pokemon battles, this inclination was thrown into overdrive after watching Elite Trainer Lance in a battle competition. When the two met each other, Lance happily encouraged Patrick to become a trainer as well, suggesting that the two might battle in the future. Patrick took this to heart, and has fantacized about such a battle ever since. Additionally, his idolization of Lance has led to his love for dragons, thus influencing his choice of Starter Pokemon.

Starter Pokemon: Charmander

Pokemon Owned: TBD

RP Sample: Patrick knew of Professor Oak, as did pretty much everyone. The old man had been heavily involved in researching the so-called "Original 150" Pokemon. And soon Pat was going to meet him in person. The thought filled him with an odd excitement. Not quite the same as he had felt with lance, but still powereful.

Already Pat was wondering about the Pokemon he'd be receiving. Would it be as into battling as he was? Would they become friends? He simply couldn't wait to find out.

Well, we actually are starting now, if you write one and get excepted today or tomorrow, you can get in not to far behind :p

And Draco Accepted

Name: Justin Gaines

Nickname: N/A

Appearance: Justin is about 5"3' and he has a fairly slender build, as well as a fair skin tone. His eyes are green and his hair is a dirty blonde, being styled in somewhat of a fauxhawk. He is usually seen wearing a pair of brown cargo shorts, a white tshirt, and over his tshirt; a red, white, and black short sleeved plaid shirt. He also wears a pair of red black and white sneakers.

Personality: Justin is usually a quite friendly and laid back pre-teen; loaded with a love for adventure. He is always happy to meet new people and is quite open towards others. He has always had a soft spot for Pokemon; always being quite caring and kind hearted towards them. He can't stand those that treat Pokemon horribly though(It just makes him...Furious! Outraged! Sick with anger!) Despite his generally bright and upbeat personality, he feels like he's overshadowed too much by his family, trying a little too hard at times to show he can be as good of a trainer as his parents or brother. His bold and impulsive behavior also has been a drawback for him. He is also one who takes words to heart often, even holding grudges against those who upset him.

History: Justin grew up in Ecruteak City; often watching its gym leader Morty fight against other trainers, thereby sparking his interest in becoming a trainer. Through his days in Ecruteak City; Justin would either spend time playing video games, watch battles at the Ecruteak Gym, or traveling the area surrounding Ecruteak City(though he never went far out). He enjoyed meeting the Pokemon on the outskirts and grew to develop a very soft spot for Pokemon, playing with them on occasion and even caring for them. When his parents noticed his interest in battling and Pokemon; they sent him to a local Pokemon training school. There he learned of the reputation his older brother Zach had who is known to be a quite powerful trainer in the region. He soon realized he had quite the reputation to live up to; trying extra hard in school and trying to prove to others he could live up to that reputation. Though he was able to learn the basics, he always fell short; being outsmarted by a couple students who constantly picked on him much to his frustration. He could never outclass these trainers and though he graduated from the school, he was left frustrated and began to wonder if he could live up to his family's reputation; though he wanted to prove others wrong. When he turned 14, his parents decided they would finally allow him to go out on his own journey. Justin didn't choose to go through Johto though, choosing Kanto instead.

Starter Pokemon: Cyndaquil

Pokemon Owned

RP Sample:

Justin looked at his two choices. "Hmm....I think I'll go with Cilan." He said, choosing his opponent.

"LAVAAA!" (YAHOOOO AWESOME!) Justin's Quilava, Ty excitedly cheered. He approached Cilan's Pansage, taunting him, "Quilavaaaa!" (You're so gonna get owned by my awesome skill, monkey boy!)

"Wait up, Ty. I didn't say you were battling." Jusitn said much to Ty's disappointment. "I'm gonna use my Oshawott, Oliver." He said, looking down at Oliver who seemed suddenly surprised.

"O-O-Oshaaa...." (B-B-But he's a grass type...) Oliver said, kind of intimidated by his opponent.

Justin picked up Oliver, telling him, "Don't worry, Oliver. I know what I'm doing, buddy. I know you'll do great." He set Oliver down who seemed a little more confident, trusting Justin.

other: Original 150

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom