• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tye Taylors

You Know The Name
Reaction score
Sign-Ups Always Open
I am seeking DEDICATED RPers who are interested in joining me

Story:
This RP will follow a young group of trainers traversing the Kanto Region, catching Pokemon and growing as individuals. Trainers will advance from town to town and gym to gym as they work their way toward qualifying for the tournament at the Indigo Plateau. During their quest they will battle, train, and fight off the growing threat of Team Rocket as they traverse the region.

Info:
-Trainers will follow a sub-plot focused around Team Rocket as they make their way around.
-Pokemon from any region may be caught.
-When it comes to Important Battles(ie. Gym, League, Plot, Wild Pokemon), I will play the NPCs.
-Each Character will have a unique role in the story.
-This is meant to play much like the Pokemon video game where you collect badges and get thrown off task by the Evil Organization.
-Battling will be in the anime-style.

Rules:
-No God-Modding, please do not control any other living person or character
-Please no sex, if you have to have a relationship, keep it at kissing.
-Language is tolerated, however don't drop an F-Bomb in every line.
-Please notify me before any long leave of absence.
-If you have read these terms and accept them, put "Blue Flareon" in your sign-up.
-If you want to catch a Pokemon, notify me and I'll make it happen.
-My word is law, I'm a reasonable guy, but if i tell you no, you need to roll with it.
-Please leave your "attacks" open ended, for example, USE "Pikachu shot a thundershock toward the foe" NOT: "Pikachu unleashed a thundershock which hit the enemy dead-on. On the other end, please don't dodge every attack, it's not realistic and not fun.
-Please write intelligently, you don't have to be a Shakespeare but don't write like a caveman.

Sign-up:
Name:
Appearance: A Picture is Worth 1,000 words, however make sure it is followed by a written description.
Personality: Basically just how do they treat other people? Are they a lone wolf or a social butterfly?
Goals: Does your character strive to be the very best like no one ever was?
History: Anything we should know about your character's past. Please be reasonable. This is where you demonstrate your grammar and writing ability.

Pokemon: Give your character a starter Pokemon, I am open to pretty much anything as long as it is in it's most basic form and isn't a legendary.
Pokemon Nickname:
Pokemon Gender:
Pokemon Personality:
Pokemon History: How did he/she get this Pokemon?

Thanks,

Tye Taylors

Accepted Members:
~NiGHTS~
Joshua Ketchum
Ganta Igarashi
Chocolate Bones
Kiliflower
Lyrebird​

Last edited:
Hello there! This looks like a very interesting RolePlay thread indeed. I'd love to join it if you don't mind please.

Name: Joshua "Josh" Knobel
Appearance: Sorry, I don't have a picture on how Joshua looks like, but I can give a good description as best I can. Joshua has black spiky gait much like Ash Ketchum dose. Joshua has fair white skin, blue eyes, is 5'5. Joshua's clothes consit of light blue pants, black shirt, white t-shirt, black and white shoes and black and white socks. He does not have any gloves, but may get some while on his journey as well as a hat.
Personality: Joshua is a vety nice and caring person. He is very social as he talks to other people very often. Never gets mad, unless the subject of his ex-girlfriend Jen is brought up a lot. Joshua is looking for a girlfriend of his own.
Goals: Joshua has set some goals for himself to accomplish.

1. Become the best Pokemon Trainer he can be.
2. Find a girlfriend who likes him for who he is.

History: Joshua's past is not very good. Like a few years later Joshua's girlfriend Jen dumped him and betrayed him, causing his heart to shatter into a million pieces. He is planning to prove Jen wrong by becoming the best Pokemon Trainer he can be! His ex-girlfriend Jen is his main rival as he keeps running into her most of the time. Jen is a reminder of his past and one Joshua wants to forget about and to move onward to make a better future for himself.

Pokemon
Name: Tepig
Pokemon Gender: Female
Pokemon Personality: Tepig us a very kind and caring Pokemon, especially to Joshua. it obeys him without question and even protects Joshua from any direct attacks meant for him. A very loyal Pokemon indeed.
Pokemon History: Joshua met Professor Juniper one day before his journey started. She saw great potential in him to be a great Pokemon Trainer and let him choose his own starter Pokemon from her three Pokemon starters. When Joshua and Tepig met for the first time, they both could see they were meant to be best friends and that has stayed true to this day!

Blue Flareon

Last edited:
Question: Is it exclusively Kanto Gen I Pokemon?

No, it is any Pokemon you wish, just as it says in the OP. If you missed that, you may want to re-skim the Original Post to see if you happened to have missed anything else.

@ Joshua Ketchum

I feel that your appearance is lacking just a little and I believe your history could overlap with the plot so I'd prefer if you changed it to something a little more generic.

Thank you,

Tye Taylors

Last edited:
Name: Rebecca "Becca" Williams

Appearance: Becca stands at 5,4 and weighs 110 lbs. She is fairly slim, with an hourglass figure. Her skin is pale and her eyes are a pale blue, Becca's face is heart shaped and she has slightly bushy jet black hair that comes down to her waist. She wears a black tank top that reveals a small portion of her stomach and a pair of black skinny jeans with a pair of black leather boots. Her outfit is then completed with a silver chocker with a star pendant.

Personality: Becca is a strong-willed, spunky, and kind-hearted girl who is not afraid to speak her mind. She is silly, mischevious, and a little lazy. But she can work well under pressure and can be fairly resourceful and smart when needed. Becca's a bit of tom-boy, but she still has a feminine side, enjoying shopping and sweets. In terms of Pokemon, she prefers Pokemon that are cute or edgy. She is very passionate in battles, tending to use a balance of defense and offense, defending then retaliating. She prefers battling, but her battle style is slightly influenced by her Coordinator mother.

Goals: To become the Kanto Champion, and to learn as much as possible about Pokemon.

History: Becca was born and raised in Saffron City by her mother. Her father left at the age of 5, leaving her heartbroken mother to take care of her. Becca was forced to take care of household chores while her mother worked 2 jobs and got extra money by tutoring beginning Coordinators. Becca always wanted to go out on a journey of her own, but didn't leave because she wanted to help mother around the house. For her 16th birthday however, she received an Eevee from her mother, along with her mother's blessing to go out into the world and start her journey. Ready to take Kanto by storm, her and Eevee plan on becoming the Kanto Champions and learn as much as possible about Pokemon.

Pokemon: Eevee (Nicknamed Shadow)
Pokemon Gender: Male
Pokemon Personality: Shadow is you're typical eevee. Energetic, playful, and a fondness for battling. He's still very young, so he's a little naive and can cause trouble for others, because of his lack of common sense. Shadow's a cute pokemon, and works this to his advantage when trying to appeal to human, enjoying the attention. Shadow prefers to be a little more offensive in battle, but won't take things to far, and can take defeat fairly gracefully.

Pokemon History: Shadow was bought from a respected Pokemon breeder, he was bred from an Espeon and Umbreon. Shadow was then given to Becca for a birthday present, and the two became very close. Before leaving, Becca and Shadow practiced a little battling with Wild Pokemon. Becca still has no idea what she'll have Shadow evolve into.

Blue Flareon.

Not that I can think of, if i think of any, i'll ask away.

Well, I've been off the site for a while really. Ive missed role-playing in pokemon rps. I wouldn't call myself dedicated really, but if my character gets accepted once I make him/her ill try to meet your expectations.

When I say dedicated, I mean willing to play (almost) everyday and you need to try to keep up with what's going on. That is all I ask, so go ahead and apply if you want, it's worth a shot :p

@Ganta Igarashi

Last edited:
I changed some of the information in my character's information. I hope it all will work for your expectations

Thanks so much for accepting mine, buddy! I plan to stay active on this thread, don't worry! Should I wait or start Joshua's story up?

I'm considering signing up, but I have a question first. When you say "I will play the NPC's," do you mean that you'll control the gym leaders and such in every battle? Or does that mean until the battle starts, then the player can control the gym leader?

I'll control the Gym Leaders and Team Rocket and Wild Pokemon

Thanks so much for accepting mine, buddy! I plan to stay active on this thread, don't worry! Should I wait or start Joshua's story up?

We all RP in the same thread, you have to wait for me to start the start-up bro

Name: Lequan Rantan
Appearance: My apologies, I dont have an ideal pic. Id use myself as reference, but im too shy.
Dark skinned, hazlenut colored eyes,slightly chubby, 5'10" approximately 172 Ibs.

His casual wear.
http://i.imgur.com/7uXuo.png
The jacket and pants being a slight dark gray, and undershirt a navy blue, the plentiful array of zippers a sterling silver.

Personality: Lequan can be..pretty distant overall. He prefers to keep his true feelings hidden, in fear that he might hurt someone's feelings. Dont let that outer shell fool you though, if the situation calls for it, he can get rough, and will not stand for unjust actions, such as thievery and threats.

Goals:
1. Find a metal coat, and fulfil his fathers dieing wish of evolving the onix he held so dear.

2. Find a potential love interest. Maybe one that can lift his spirits..on occasions.

3. Enjoy life with pokemon in general, and at least attempt the elite four.

History: Born, and raised in Kanto. Lequan lived with his mother, father, and grandmother in a home near the rock tunnel. His father was a very care-free man, but he'd occasionally leave for a while in search of work to help sustain the family. This didn't bother Lequan too much really, he'd always eagerly wait for his fathers return so they could both ride upon his father's onix, whom both Lequan and his father were fond of. He'd always tell Lequan of how great onix, and steelix were, and how he's always wanted his own onix to evolve.

Sadly, the dream he cconstantly dreamt would be..unattainable, or at least by him. At the age of 13 his father became severely ill, and they had not the means to cure what ailed him. It was obvious by his breathing, and coughing that his father didn't have long. With his last breath he shakily handed lequan the pokeball wity his onix, and spoke. "Son...I want you to take good care of him for me...make him into the strongest pokemon he can be..and maybe...evolve him into a steelix." Seconds later his eyes slowly closed. It was a sad sight yes, but Lequan didn't cry..he was..good at keeping his emotions bottled, but most of all he wanted to fulfill his fathers wish more than anything.

Lequan spent four year's learning the the core elements of pokemon battling, and breeding with his grandmother. She was quite the trainer, back in the day, the knowledge she held was proof of that. The time came when he felt ready to take on the Kanto region and its many wonders. With his partner onix in tow, he set off in search of the first gym.

Pokemon: Onix
Pokemon Nickname: N/A
Pokemon Gender: Male
Pokemon Personality: ocasionally brutish,but playful in general. It has enjoyed giving Lequan rides on its back since childhood, and displays evident gestures, like poking at Lequans back when he really wants to. His size always makes him a tad challenged when it comes to making friends. Often hitting them by accident.
Pokemon History: Was originally his fathers pokemon, but was given to Lequan as a sort of dieing wish. For his father always dreamt of evolving his onix, but metal coats are rare.

Blue Flareon

Last edited:
Sounds like a blast! Been a while since I've roleplayed on this board, so let's see if I still got it!

Name: Grey Welles

Appearance:

Reference

Grey has pale white hair, piercing yellow eyes, and is always grinning self-assuredly. He's of a slender build, stands at about 5'9", and has tan skin. He almost always wears a jet-black suit (which he keeps meticulously cleaned and pressed) a red necktie, a white button-down shirt, and a sleek, silver watch. He has pale white hair, piercing yellow eyes, and is always grinning self-assuredly. He's of a slender build, stands at about 5'9", and has tan skin.

Personality: Grey has an ego the size of a planet. He's cocky, loud, and overconfident in everything that he does. Still, he's not completely clueless. He can humble himself when he feels that he needs to, though that's usually only to manipulate people into giving him what he wants. Small part of him understand his desperate need for validation and affection, but the more dominant and aggressive side of him insists that his Pokemon are all that he needs, and that the rest of the world will no doubt follow. Despite his arrogance, Grey is a fun-loving trainer who is not afraid to show affection to his Pokemon, for whom he cares deeply.

When choosing Pokemon, Grey chooses looks and style above any sort of battle statistics or natural strength.

Goals: To prove once and for all that he is as god-like as he always knew that he was.

History: Grey comes from an "old money" family, local socialites of the Kanto Region. He'd never seen much of his parents, though he insists that it doesn't effect him at all. He was also an only child, so most of his days were spent alone. He relished in the company of the Pokemon in charge with keeping the grounds: a Snorlax cook, a Gardevoir gardener, a pair of Watchog watchmen, a multitude of colorful Pokemon that surrounded him during his lonely childhood. It was for that reason he never cared for money, believing that it only brought one a bitter entitlement. Though he enjoys wearing expensive clothes and makes no attempt to hide his wealth, deep down he resents the life devoid of real experiences and interactions that it had given him. He left home as soon as he was able, rejecting every bit of privilege he had and taking with him only the clothes on his back and the small bits of money he'd earned at tournaments and contests, determined build something for himself with his own will and spirit.

Pokemon: Mienfoo

Pokemon Nickname: Grace

Pokemon Gender: Female

Pokemon Personality: Grace, much like her trainer, is a hotheaded, cocky, ambitious little Pokemon. She and her trainer have known each other for a very long time, even though neither of them has much battling experience. Over the years, however, they've formed a strong bond and an undying trust between them. She looks up to her trainer, though she hopes that one day he will get over his self-serving quest and discover what is truly important to him. But, even if he doesn't, she'll be by his side along the whole way no matter what.

Pokemon History: Growing up, Grey was never allowed to have any Pokemon of his own. His parents believed that caring for, training, and battling Pokemon was for the lower classes. They believed it to be barbaric and unfitting of their apparently superior standing.

But, when, one fateful day when he was 10, he spied a timid, afraid, and wounded-looking Mienfoo drinking thirstily from their birdbath while he was playing at the entrance to their garden, and every instinct in his body told him to care for the Pokemon. At first it seemed like she was very leery of humans, and he she retreated back into the maze-like garden. But, after a few offerings of sweets and whatever shiny objects Grey could round up, the Mienfoo went against her best judgement and trusted the human. It was from that moment on that the two loners spent every minute they could together, playing on each other strengths, improving each other's weaknesses, and growing into an inseparable team.

Grey never caught Grace, afraid that if he had and his parents found the Pokeball they would send her far away. Instead, he built her a tiny home in his closet and made sure she always had a way out if she was ever discovered.

Even when the two set out on their journey, Grey made no attempt to catch her, making sure they were always partners rather than a trainer and a Pokemon.

Blue Flareon

Last edited:
@Chocolate Bones
@Ganta Igarashi

I would say you both passed with flying colors but I cannot accept you until you re-read the rules :p

@Ganta Igarashi

Accepted Really good sign-up, pleasure having you aboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom