• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been on this board a long time and I've never seen an RP end, let alone one as open ended as this one. But, considering how excited we all are about this, and how good our sign-ups were, I'd say that if one ever makes it, it'll be this one.

Just curious... where does the next stage of this take place, usually? :)

Joshua im..not quite sure what you mean. .-. We are all at the Pokemon center in pallet town registering for the Pokemon League. Why not start there?

Last edited:
I just made a post for that in the thread. I appreciate the advice, really. But I don't like being singled out like this. It just makes me slightly upset, makes me feel like I'm stupid. I don't like ot. I don't like it when some people critisise me and that's how I feel right now.:bawl:

I know. It's just it feels like a message just for me. If you have a message just for me, please either write a visitor's message or a private message. That's all I ask.

If you're still taking SUs I would very much like to submit my app for consideration. It's an old character, but I've never had the chance to actually use him for any length of time; please forgive his tl;dr length. (I've had lots of time to think about him.)

As a heads up though my mother is coming into town Friday evening; and this Saturday and Sunday I will be in a class from 9am - 5pm (-6 GMT or US CST)

Name: Clayton Fletcher

Appearance:
Standing at 5ft 6in Clayton has an average, healthy build. His favorite denim jacket shows the wear and tear it has received over the years in its various frayed edges and white splotches from developing chemicals. In the outer pockets of the jacket he keeps a small lighting meter and a compass. The singular inside pocket is where he keeps his team's pokeballs, he's been meaning to buy a proper trainer's belt so he can find them faster at the start of a battle. His brown pants and hiking boots show similar wear and tear due to his tendency to wear pairs of pants and shoes until they're falling apart. The red t-shirt beneath the jacket displays the Unova league logo with pictures of the eight badges gathered in a circle around it, a souvenir from a trip his family took to watch the Unova league championship. To travel to the Kanto region he carries a duffle bag on his back with his clothes and other bare essentials, and his Sawk wears a backpack that holds his digital camera, collapsible tripod, and other things essential to travel.

He keeps his dusty brown hair buzzed and spiky, though when he lets it go too long without a haircut it becomes curly and puffy. Keeping his hair so short has put him in the habit of not combing it daily so when it reaches the curly and puffy stage it becomes quite the rat's nest. His eyes are green and his skin is fair, he gets sunburns quite easily so his arms are flecked with freckles and his face always has the faintest hue of red to it.

History: Clayton spent the early years of his childhood living with his family in the Orre region. His mother and father are geologists who, at the time, were helping to drill wells that would make crossing the desert less perilous. At the age of eight, his family moved to the Unova region where his parents have been working as geologic consultants on the construction of Route 4.

In Orre his family moved around quite a bit so it became a custom of Clayton's to take photographs of the area to remember it by. This was no longer the case once his family began living in the metallic jungle of Castelia City. Clayton continued to take photos nonetheless, and discovered a different natural beauty from that of Orre's vast desert. One of his favorite subjects to photograph were the battles held at the city's Gym, with Burgh's permission of course. The sheer spectacle of it all captured Clayton's imagination like nothing before.

When it was time for Clayton to set off on his journey, Burgh approached him with an offer. A good friend of his by the name of Sarah Adams, based in Nacrene City, was looking for an apprentice to join her on a tour of the Unova region. Her goal was to photograph all known species of pokemon in the Unova region in a single year. Clayton eagerly joined her and served as her apprentice until the age of 16.

He never gave much thought to pursuing a journey through the Unova league during that time; he was quite content working as Sarah's apprentice. Then She approached him one day and they had a long talk about his future. Yes, he had seen much of the Unova region in his time with her, but there was a whole world out there filled with battles and Pokemon he'd never find in Unova. It was on this premise that she proposed he embark on a journey as far away from Unova as he could get, and you couldn't get much further than Kanto. When the idea was brought to his parents they were more than happy to give their blessing.

His last months with Sarah were bitter sweet. She'd become like an older sister to him, and he would miss her sudden whims to travel to some god forsaken part of Unova to take photos. The two traveled to Castelia City where they'd meet up with his parents before he boarded a boat for Kanto. Before he left though he challenged Burgh to a battle...and lost horribly. The photos of the battle were spectacular though; Sarah's parting gift to him. According to Burgh, his was the "elegant thrashing" he doled out. His parents gave him a fighting gem they'd unearthed during Route 4's construction, just in case he ran into trouble.

Personality: As a Pokemon Photographer Clayton has a disposition of observation and careful deliberation, or at least he wishes he did. He can be a bit rash at times and his flare for theatrics does not help much. Though he tries his best to appear calm and mellow he can become flustered with little effort. Being an artist he lives and dies by the motto of "It's all in the presentation."; his battle style and effort put into his work reflects this.

When it comes to pokemon he's unforgiving to anyone who treats them with the slightest abuse. He sees his team of pokemon as part of the family and integral partners in his photography work. He trains himself right alongside his team if he can.

Goals: To journey through the Kanto region; growing as a photographer and trainer. He considers becoming the league champion a bonus if he achieves it.

Pokemon: Sawk
Nickname: Sawyer
Personality/History:
The grounding force of Clayton's team. His natural discipline as a martial artist has made him an invaluable companion on the road. Sawyer has even helped Clayton to pick up some basic self-defense moves. The circumstances of their first meeting outside of the Pinwheel Forest has left them very close as trainer and Pokemon. The details of what happened though are something Clayton has not revealed to anyone, not even Sarah. All anyone knows is that one day Clayton burst into the Nacrene Pokemon Center beaten and battered; carrying the equally injured and unconscious Sawk.

The equally important, but not appearing, others: Clayton already has an unofficial team of sorts that he built by chance back in Unova, and even then their battle experience was limited. Beginning a journey officially in the Kanto league, however, he is only bringing one of them with him. The ones he left behind are listed here to build his back story a bit more.

Gothitelle (Gloria): Clayton caught Gloria on one of the many trips with Sarah around the Unova region. She had been harassing travelers for a few weeks by using hypnosis and then stealing random supplies from them. She managed to steal from Sarah and Clayton twice, but on the third night Sawyer managed to paralyze her with Force Palm long enough for Clayton to catch her with a Dusk Ball. Gloria is prone to jealousy and will commit mischievous acts on anyone who steals the spotlight from her. This can sometimes be a problem in battles as she's not beyond sabotaging her own teammates to remain the star player.

Trubbish (Trubber): Trubber was Clayton's first Pokemon of his own. The two met shortly after Clayton moved to Castelia. Clayton had been down at the docks one day getting snapshots of the Royal Unova when he saw an angry fisherman chase Trubber off his boat at an adjacent pier. Not really knowing what it was but still feeling sorry for it, Clayton fought through the stench and did his best to comfort the animate bag of garbage. His parents were adamantly opposed to keeping Trubber at first, but they let Clayton keep him on the balcony of the apartment in hopes he'd give up eventually. Lucky for Clayton though a Trubbish stinks less the happier it is with it's trainer, and within a few weeks there was even a faint pine scent coming from the tiny creature. Though that may have been because Clayton had been feeding it pine air fresheners to help win his parents over. Trubber doesn't have a mean bone in his body, but is rather sensitive. His feelings are especially hurt when people won't let him hug them. While it's hard to blame them, Clayton thinks that Trubber is the most adorable thing in the world and, like Trubber, can't understand why people are put off by him. Trubber takes some coaxing to put on a brave face for battle, but once that's been accomplished Trubber will fight to the last.

Froslass (Lauren): The graceful rose of Clayton's team, but she was more a frosty thorn when Clayton first met her. He and Sarah were up on Twist Mountain, following a pack of Beararctics when they were overcome by a blinding blizzard. They took refuge in one of the many caves on the mountainside to try and wait it out. Not being a native species to Unova Clayton still isn't sure how Lauren came to be there, but whatever the case she was not happy that the two had stumbled upon her lair. The fight was grueling, but in the end Gloria was able to weather the ice attacks and Clayton managed to catch Lauren. It took awhile for her to warm up to Clayton and the rest of his team, but she came around eventually.

Other things:
Theme Song: Army of darkness OST original theme - YouTube (you didn't ask for one but this movie was playing in the background when I first made him so I've forever associated it with him)

Blue Flareon

Last edited:
@Tye Taylors I saw after I had posted the SU yesterday that you guys had already started, should I just jump right in or wait for an opportunity to insert myself without awkwardness?

Feel free to jump in,

BTW, how did you do that mention? XD

Feel free to jump in,

BTW, how did you do that mention? XD

On everyone's profile page there's a number in the url for it

Code:
http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/members/[B][U]48402[/U][/B].html

You take that number and use the [noparse][MENTION][/noparse] tag, so writing:

Code:
[noparse] [MENTION=48402]Tye Taylors[/MENTION][/noparse]

gives you @Tye Taylors

D@mn; I hope it's not too late. It's not the 26th in my time zone yet. Would you be clement enough to accept my Sign-Up right now? I assure you I will be active if you would.

Name: Jon Gratus

Appearance: Jon is around 5'09"-10" tall and weighs about 150 lbs. with an excellent physical condition. He has jet black hair and moderately tanned skin, in addition to dark eyes. His clothes are a gray collared shirt, a pair of khakis, gray running shoes, and, for chilling weather, a thick black and red jacket. He occasionally has a few scars on his arm, his neck, and his face which are the result of him stabbing himself with a pen/pencil or tearing his skin off with his nails. He has stitches above his right Achilles' tendon. He keeps his Poké Balls in his dark gray backpack, in which he keeps all his essential supplies. Sometimes he keeps his team's Poké Balls in his pants' pockets or his jacket's instead of the special opening on the side of his backpack. He has a Poké Gear and a wallet, which he always carries in his left pocket. He usually keeps his backpack over his right shoulder for it to be easier to carry, take items out of, and set down. As a result of his poor posture, his back frequently hurts severely.

History: He was born and raised in Saffron City towards the center of Kanto. He has two younger sisters and a much older brother. His family always kept a few Pokémon (a Persian, a couple of Glameow, a few Magikarp, one Feebas, and a Horsea) in the house. His brother became a remarkably successful Pokémon Trainer, and, later, a lawyer as well, as he got older. Jon was notably proficient at Pokémon battling even from his youth. When he was 10, he visited Professor Oak's laboratory and received a Shiny Charmander, which became the first Pokémon to be seriously competitively trained by him. Jon's parents decided to divorce each other when he was 12. He lived in Pallet Town with his paternal grandparents afterwards. He practiced and trained a bit since then, but, before now, when he actually decided to set out and challenge the Indigo League, he generally was more active in studying and learning than in battles.

Personality: He tries to be a kind person, even though he screws up and behaves cruelly often. He used to abhor everyone due to how most people who went to school with him were cruel to him frequently. Later on in his life, he considered how he has behaved atrociously towards other people himself and felt penitent from it. He realizes everyone deserves to be punished violently for everything which they have done, but feels no one should be forced to suffer for the crimes which they have committed and it's best to forgive others for things which they do to you while trying to improve oneself from that always. He gets enraged at himself for screwing things up and his cruelty to others often.

Pokémon: Charmander (Shiny)
Nickname: He considered Charles, but decided it would be unoriginal.
History: He was a gift to Jon by Professor Oak from when Jon was 10 and fortunate enough to be able to visit.
Personality: He's really similar to Jon in essentially every way, but even more passionate about Pokémon battles and upset at himself when he loses.

Blue Flareon

Name: Kay

Appearance: Kay is a young man standing just shy of 180cm tall. His dark, untidy hair is kept beneath a dark blue hat. His clothes are casual and comfortable fitting; a pair of jeans, a black shirt beneath a blue, denim jacket and a pair of cheap sneakers. He keeps his Pokemon in their Pokeballs, stowing them away in his book bag.

Personality: Kay was taught from a young age that if he did not have anything nice to say that he should not say anything at all. As such, he doesn't talk very much. He is very quiet, very reserved and very unkind at the best of times. Still, he wise enough to know better than to openly cause trouble. Though he does treat his Pokemon (a little) kinder than most people, he certainly does have a mean streak.

Goals: Kay admires Team Rocket and hopes to one day join them.

History: Kay was born in Saffron City and has spent most of his life in around the areas surrounding the city. On his tenth birthday, after many months and years of complaining how he wanted a Pokemon and did not have one, he was given a Koffing by his father. Since then, Koffing has been at his side. It has not always been the most reliable Pokemon, but over time Kay managed to train it up. Almost eight years have passed and Koffing has become strong enough that Kay feels confident to finally embark on his journey. Recently, Kay has been hearing rumours of the arrival of the criminal organisation known as Team Rocket. Having never successfully captured a Pokemon even with Koffing's assistance, he finds the idea of simply stealing them from other trainers far more appealing. But so far, though, he has not found any concrete evidence for himself that these rumours are remotely true. However, if they were true and if the opportunity ever did arise, Kay would almost certainly join their team.

Pokemon: Koffing
Pokemon Nickname: None
Pokemon Gender: Male
Pokemon Personality: Timid
Pokemon History: Captured on Cinabar Island by Kay's father. Given to him as a gift for his tenth birthday.

Blue Flareon

@Agent_K

Your character definitely isn't main-stream, I like that, Accepted

Feel free to jump in

Kind of a hectic week for me. Sorry if I haven't been posting much.

Blue Flareon.

Name: Talon Griffith
Appearance: Brown, bushy yet short hair, blue-green eyes, wears a tee, jeans and a blue jacket with a pack on his back
Personality: Normally a bit introverted, talks mysteriously, unpredictable (if this were DnD, he'd be Chaotic Good)
Goals: He is going on a quest to find truth and ideals and whether they can co-exist.
History: He was born in Unova. He lived in Opalucid City in his childhod, but moved to Nimbasa City. He liked to hang out and wander in the Lostlorn Forest and Route 4.

Pokemon: Zorua
Pokemon Nickname: none
Pokemon Gender: Male
Pokemon Personality: Obedient to Talon, capable of acting on its own, somewhat curious
Pokemon History: When Talon was wandering in Lostlorn Forest, he encountered it, disguised a Pidove. He caught it, and has been living with it since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom