• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sendai earthquake, tsunami impact Pokémon officials: Sugimori stuck at airport, Harad

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Sendai earthquake, tsunami impact Pokémon officials: Sugimori stuck at airport, Harada stuck ...

Following the 8.9-magnitude earthquake that hit Japan on Friday, some Pokémon officials have been trapped. Contrary to internet rumor, Satoshi Tajiri is still alive and well.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Sendai earthquake, tsunami impact Pokémon officials: Sugimori stuck at airport, H

This is why the move, "Earthquake" was banned in the anime. They even refused to air that Barboach/Wishcash ep from Hoenn way back in 2004 because of earthquake incidents.

Re: Sendai earthquake, tsunami impact Pokémon officials: Sugimori stuck at airport, H

Hopefully, this'll help clear up rumors. I've pretty much traced back the source of the rumor to some Spanish users on Twitter. It seems to be nothing more than a rumor.

I'm happy that no one from Nintendo didn't got hurt, but I feel bad for Sugimori. He's stuck in a airport!

i just hope they all are ok.....

I really hope everyone is alright in Japan.

"Nintendo of American"...surely it's "Nintendo of America"?

Glad to hear Ken Sugimori is safe; although, I don't recall hearing any rumours about Satoshi Tajiri.

Rumors of his death spring up every couple of years, for some reason. It's one of those things that just won't go away, unfortunately.

Ishihara Shigekatsu has also reported that he's fine.

The Pokémon officials were the first thing that came to mind when I heard about the earthquake. Thank god none of them are dead, but I really feel bad for Sugimori. Stuck in an airport? At least he can eat from all the shops in the airport. :p

The Pokémon officials were the first thing that came to mind when I heard about the earthquake. Thank god none of them are dead, but I really feel bad for Sugimori. Stuck in an airport? At least he can eat from all the shops in the airport. :p

Exactly the same here. I'm just glad no one was injured by the quake. Poor Sugimori. I hope he gets out of the airport soon.

Sandile said:
Stuck in an airport? At least he can eat from all the shops in the airport. :p

I don't know about the airport he's at, but the airport at Narita only has like three restaurants. He probably doesn't have that many places to choose from.

Not to mention, there are bound to loads of other people stranded at the same Airport, and it all depends on how much money he has on him as well (As he was probably expecting to be home right now).

Maybe he'll be inspired to create a Pokemon based on an air hostess...

I somewhat doubt it. Maybe a Pokemon based on an annoying airport official?

Anyway, glad to hear that NoJ (it's probably just 'Nintendo', as they're based in Japan anyway, but I thought I'd avoid confusion) is alright.

It's okay to say that I think Harada-san's tweet is adorable, right?

Whew! That's a relieve. Let's just hope the Anime doesn't get affected to roughly.

Rumors of his death spring up every couple of years, for some reason. It's one of those things that just won't go away, unfortunately.

Ishihara Shigekatsu has also reported that he's fine.
Yeah, when the writer from the Pokemon anime died last year, people said that it was Tajiri-san...
I don't know why people constantly think that every year, he's not like 80 years old.

Yes, if he can eat than that's the main thing. I also feel bad for Sugimori-san being stuck at an airport with crowds of people.

I hope the death toll stops climbing soon (preferably now). I'm a Sentai forum and I already let it be known that I hope none of the cast and crew of those shows are hurt or dead. Now, I'll pray and hope the cast and crew of Pokemon, both past and present, and their families are okay, as well as every family in Japan. If they need to postpone episode, go for it. Just as long less people are hurt or killed in this disaster.

Glad to know everyone is ok. Being trapped at an airport probably sucks for Sugimori-san, but its not the worst thing ever at least none of GF are hurt or dead. Also i hate these dumb internet rumors. Glad to know Taijiri-san is still alive and well.

it's a good thing that internet and mobile devises are available. (I hope) :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom