• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sequel or remake?

Sequel or remake?

• Sequel

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Remake

Votes: 40 50.0%
  • Combination

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, the idea of a whole TYPE just apparently not being "discovered" for so long doesn't even make sense to begin with from an in-universe perspective. Maybe it's just that thing where they have an NPC explain a new gameplay element, rather than any sort of supposed scientific event within the Pokémon universe?

Well, I just figured Fairies were some kind of new "evolution" so to speak, and before that all Pokemon of that type were other types (Flabebe would have been Grass, and all retconned pokemon were not retconned). Their new traits just spontaneously arose in the middle of some major battle where a Salamence failed to land a Dragon Claw on a Wigglytuff or something.

I mean, the idea of a whole TYPE just apparently not being "discovered" for so long doesn't even make sense to begin with from an in-universe perspective. Maybe it's just that thing where they have an NPC explain a new gameplay element, rather than any sort of supposed scientific event within the Pokémon universe?

Well, I just figured Fairies were some kind of new "evolution" so to speak, and before that all Pokemon of that type were other types (Flabebe would have been Grass, and all retconned pokemon were not retconned). Their new traits just spontaneously arose in the middle of some major battle where a Salamence failed to land a Dragon Claw on a Wigglytuff or something.

... Interesting idea... I suppose that makes about as much sense as professors simply not noticing the Fairy-type before the events of XY.

How does this account for the existence of the Pixie Plate? Or the fact that transferred Pokémon from pre-Gen VI games gain Fairy type upon transfer? ... And wouldn't "recently evolved" or "formed" make more sense than "discovered" in the XY's advertising if this were the case...?

Oh that's easy, Arceus made the plate and then the evolution happened.

Oh that's easy, Arceus made the plate and then the evolution happened.

Well now you're just making excuses.

I might as well say that when Fairy type was "discovered" or whatever in Kalos, Arceus just went back in time and made it so that Fairy type existed in the first place. And that's why Fairy type will also exist in Hoenn.

I think it will be a remake :) kinda like heartgold and soulsilver

But I quite doubt about this M Evolution. They say that this case only happened so far in Kalos so I don't know Mega stones will be imported to Hoenn(maybe) or other new region....

*gasp* let's wait till the release to find out

All the pokemon that are Fairy types are going to be Fairy types in ORAS. However, it's casuality that the two Fairy types that debuted in Hoenn got Megas.

I would like it to be a sequel, but realistically it's more likely to be like a remake.

OHMYGOD CAN PEOPLE STOP TALKING ABOUT WHETHER THEY WANT IT TO BE A SEQUEL OR REMAKE?!

We KNOW it's a remake. Iwata CONFIRMED it.
This has been repeated at least THREE times in this very thread!

That is all.

(Sorry if that sounded offensive... )

OHMYGOD CAN PEOPLE STOP TALKING ABOUT WHETHER THEY WANT IT TO BE A SEQUEL OR REMAKE?!

We KNOW it's a remake. Iwata CONFIRMED it.
This has been repeated at least THREE times in this very thread!

That is all.

(Sorry if that sounded offensive... )

You do sound a bit harsh. You are correct, though. For a bit more solid proof, there's Nintendo's financial results briefing.
Iwata said:
The announcement was made only yesterday, so we were unable to include them in the supplementary document for this financial briefing, but the latest installments from the Pokémon franchise, 'Pokémon Omega Ruby' and 'Pokémon Alpha Sapphire' will be released globally for Nintendo 3DS in November this year. They are full-remakes of the Game Boy Advance 'Pokémon Ruby' and 'Pokémon Sapphire' games, which sold more than 5.44 million units in Japan and more than 16.22 million units worldwide.
Should this thread be closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom