• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sequels you want that will (probably) never happen

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
What games or series do you wish would get a new entry, but they're so obscure or forgotten that you feel like it's highly unlikely they ever will? Or maybe it's just a game that doesn't need a sequel, or it's too late for it now, but you'd like it to have one anyway.

Off the top of my head, I would really like to see a new Panel de Pon game, one that's not just a spinoff/minigame in something else — and I'm still holding out hope for a hypothetical Mega Man X9... almost 20 years after X8. But another little-known Capcom game that I wish would get a modern sequel is Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure from the Wii. At this point it's real implausible that any of these'll happen, but maybe someday...

(a joke along the lines of "man wouldn't it be cool if we got an EarthBound sequel? haha...")

Mega Man X9 instantly came to mind when I read the thread title lol. It bugs me endlessly that they just casually ended the series on a cliffhanger. (and after they finally figured out good voice acting, too...) also i'm still bitter about how they did Axl in the X8 ending

I really want a new Tenchu game. Supposedly Sekiro was originally meant to be a revival but mid-development it shifted into become a Souls game with Stealth elements. I've tried playing other stealth games recently, but it just isn't satisfying the itch to be a ninja.

In terms of "virtually impossible", I would love to see a sequel or spiritual successor to Kuon. But sadly FromSoft don't seem to be that interested in going back to one of the greatest survival horror titles of all time. :(

A new Breath of Fire. One that's not a mobile game like that atrocity that has the gall to call itself Breath of Fire 6. And maybe a Breath of Fire that doesn't suck like Breath of Fire 5. At this point I'd take a remaster of any of the games (though Breath of Fire 3 is on the top of my list in that regard). But Capcom sure is content to let it rot after the failure that was Breath of Fire 6. But considering that there have been some rumbles in the Breath of Fire community (an online card game called Teppen released some Breath of Fire 3 cards and characters as part of a set a while back) suggests that there might be a chance Breath of Fire makes a comeback. I'm hoping so, especially since the aforementioned Teppen release showed that there still might be some interest in the series. I'm gonna be cautiously optimistic on that.

I totally want to see another Zelda Four Swords sequel. There aren't enough multiplayer Zelda games, and I think that Nintendo seems to not want to make another game with the Four Sword in it (I mean, that's probably the reason for the lousiest excuse that is Tri Force Heroes, a game whose communication features are so flimsy that it screams of unpolishedness) and probably even wants to forget about it entirely, hence the reason why they never gave Toon Link the Four Sword in anything outside of main Zelda.

Imagine how many great stories can be made with Zelda games that feature the Four Sword.

X2Y2 (so it can be improved upon and better and take place during the same year as Sun and Moon, since B2W2 took place the same year XY did) (give our new female protag the short haired Serena’s outfit, put in Showcases or Contests and more)

Another entry in the Project DIVA franchise (I’m serious, I don’t consider the Mega Mix+ game a separate entry, it’s just an enhanced version of Mega Mix)

Another entry in the Project Mirai franchise (I’m making one as it’s not gonna happen, I think I know why. Should I post about said sequel I’m making here? I’d like to, but idk if I should)

Not really a sequel but after the AWL remake we’ll finally get (I wished for it three years ago and it looks like we’ll get our wish), maybe a Story of Seasons remake of the Harvest Moon: Magical Melody game (FoMT was done three years ago, which is why I made that wish, AWL and AnWL’s is to come soon, Magical Melody is next, then I won’t have to buy a GameCube AND/or a copy of the game for GameCube as I want to play as a girl lol)

Never heard of that series before except when I googled it up. The last game we ever got in the series (also the only one we got in the US) is from 2009

Golden Sun is the franchise I can think of off the top of my head. It's just such a shame that the last title fell at the end of the DS's lifespan and got overlooked.

I second this. While I didn't care for the first two games I loved the hell out of Dark Dawn. The fact that the game ended on a cliffhanger opened the door to a ton of possibilities. But it just kinda... fell off the map. I'd love to see a continuation and see what they could do with newer hardware, since the game was able to use the DS's hardware to the max (it does help that the game came out in the DS's twilight years), so I wonder what a full-fledged 3D version of it would look like. But I agree that Golden Sun, while not super-high on my list, deserves to have another chance.

Not the straightest example as it isn't a sequel but tangentially related, I would love for an actual "Metal Gear Solid: Rising" to be made. I've made no secret of the fact that I do not care for Revengeance's Hack 'n Slash gameplay and so when Platinum Games took over development for Rising and turned it into Revengeance I was legitimately upset at the lost potential of having a MGS sequel where you could finally play as a Cyborg Ninja in the franchise's famous stealth gameplay.

Honestly? Pokemon Conquest. What a neat little spinoff that had so much content, who would have known that warlords and Pokemon made such great combinations. But, I doubt that we’ll ever see it return. It was such a niche crossover and Pokemon seems to have largely moved away from the “fully produced game” kind of spinoffs, and Nobunaga’s Ambition has never caught on in the West.

Xenosaga

rip to that series that was originally supposed to continue but Things Happened i guess and it's forever stuck a trilogy that ended in a cliffhanger. u_u
There’s a greater chance for this than you’d think, actually. Xenoblade series spoilers: Xenoblade 3 explicitly makes Xenosaga canon in the Xenoblade universe in its Future Redeemed DLC. Dmitry Yuriev is mentioned by name and the Vector Industries logo is seen on a radio during one of the cutscenes. And it’s not just a fun little easter egg like Kos-Mos in XC2. They make it pretty clear through character dialogue that the world of Xenosaga itself is tied to the worlds in the Xenoblade trilogy. Wouldn’t be surprised if we get at least a remaster of the Saga trilogy, with the next Xeno project taking material from both Saga and Blade.

Plants vs Zombies 3, Popcap has been working on it for years now, and have only released a few betas which all sucked.
At this point even if it does come out it'll probably be terrible. There's not much that can save the PvZ franchise at this point.
Sucks since PvZ1 and 2 are two of my favourite games

Plants vs Zombies 3, Popcap has been working on it for years now, and have only released a few betas which all sucked.
At this point even if it does come out it'll probably be terrible. There's not much that can save the PvZ franchise at this point.
Sucks since PvZ1 and 2 are two of my favourite games
Maybe you can try and contact the creators somehow to see if they’ll finish it?
Also, I’m not super into it, but I did learn about it a few years ago (I was on the wiki and I read one of the threads on it a few years prior to reading it and it intrigued me), and it sounds interesting.

I'd love to see a new 3D Ty the Tasmanian Tiger game, or at the very least the ground-up remake of Ty 3 that Krome's admitted the game would need if they were gonna even try re-releasing it at this point. Sadly they're probably not gonna be able to do that given the fact that it'd require a good deal more money than the 1 and 2 remasters, which'd require, like, monetary support beyond the kickstarters they used for those. And I don't think the 1 and 2 remasters even really made all that much profit, which probably isn't an enticing prospect for investors.
Densetsu no Starfy
Oh hell yeah, that'd be rad. I loved the one game we got localised into English.

Fluidity/Hydroventure! (It depends on where you live) Spin Cycle was really fun, except for the later full rotation stages. A future game would probably pick a new mechanic to feature, which means that those wouldn't be a problem anymore.

I'd also want a sequel to Slot Car Rivals, but I suppose there wouldn't be much point without Streetpass. (The music from the game is really good.) Maybe it could be retooled as a mobile release considering only 1 button was needed anyway?

Last edited:
More Pokémon Rangers games
PLEASE for the love of god i've been waiting for a new one since gen 5 came out ;__; i remember thinking, "oh boy! i can't wait to see all the new pokemon in the next pokemon ranger!" oh you sweet summer child...
i also really miss pokepark!! wonders beyond was really good, it's such a shame they seem to have dropped that series too (though honestly i feel like it has a better chance of returning than ranger...)

Back
Top Bottom