• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sequels you want that will (probably) never happen

Super Smash bros ultimate, all the fighters specifically. The series will probably continue onward perpetually with Sakurai or without, but I see it very unlikely that every character will return again. They probably won't want to for at least a few more console generations, and certainly not after the roster reaches 100. This also likely shatters the dreams of many less mainstream character mains, cuz there is no was that they will keep every single fire emblem rep forever. The best one can hope for is that they keep your main (Very likely for my boy link to stay), and they add fun new characters for you to try out.

i'd love to see a new super mario galaxy! the first one is my favourite mario game, and i liked the second one as well, so i would not mind seeing another one at all. space is so large, i'm sure they could think up a new thing for mario to do in space. i also wouldn't mind seeing another super mario sunshine; what it would be about, i don't know at all, because i do think the original game is actually fine on its own, but i still wouldn't mind seeing another one haha. also .... i'd love a pokémon z sequel to x/y ....

i'd love to see a new super mario galaxy! the first one is my favourite mario game, and i liked the second one as well, so i would not mind seeing another one at all. space is so large, i'm sure they could think up a new thing for mario to do in space. i also wouldn't mind seeing another super mario sunshine; what it would be about, i don't know at all, because i do think the original game is actually fine on its own, but i still wouldn't mind seeing another one haha. also
Yes I want a Super Mario Galaxy 3 (I have Galaxy 2 and got it 9 Christmases ago, I want the prequel, man I feel old)
.... i'd love a pokémon z sequel to x/y ....
I’m planning one lol, I’ll post my plans about it on a blog either tonight or tomorrow lol

Xenoblade Chronicles X2. I'm still upset X was stuck on the Wii U. Nobody really mentions it when talking about the Xenoblade series either, and its definitely the black sheep of the series, so I doubt anyone is really in a rush to make a follow-up to it.

The game itself ended on a massive cliffhanger, so that's even more reason for me to want a sequel. Or maybe 6 more Xenoblade games to reach an IX :wynaut: .

popping in with another!

while world of final fantasy technically has a sequel (sort of?), it's a mobile game and i'm not a fan of mobile games so here's me wishing that this amazing spinoff would have its own console/pc sequel bc the whole concept of pokemon x final fantasy thing was done really well in the base game for it to just end there.

I was always disappointed that the poor sales of Mega Man: Powered Up shot down any chances of a sequel, despite interest from the series producer and the obvious hook at the end of the story. While I could admittedly do without the game's chibi aesthetic, I still would have loved to have seen Mega Man 2-6 get remade, and especially for the Robot Masters of those games to become playable characters. Seeing them get a day in the limelight outside of just being bosses for you to fight something otherwise left to the Archie comics made the fan in me so happy.

I'm also honestly pretty on board with the idea of another Pokemon Stadium/Battle Revolution-type game. I miss this subseries and how lively it made battling with your monsters feel. I know they were made kind of redundant at first by the main series' transition to 3D, but a new one would feel justified now with all the Pokemon, move and attack animation cuts happening in the core games.

A sequel to Attack of the Saiyans. The original is legit a very solid game and arguably the best RPG made from the Dragon Ball license.

And it's not like it was made by some defunct developent team or a niche one, it was made by Monolith Soft, the creators of the Xenoblade Chronicles game. Kind of wish they took a break from that series, or maybe have a separate team dedicated solely to making a sequel to the first game for the Switch.

There hasn't been any (canon) Jak and Daxter games since 2005, and I'm up for a follow up provided that it remains true to the original PS2 games, keeps the characters' personalities the same as before, and does NOT end the first outing on a cliffhanger.

Same with the Sly Cooper franchise, which has also had no canon games since 2005 (nobody considers the 2013 sequel Thieves in Time canon anymore). The original trilogy should be given remakes in the same vein as the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy to revive interest, then followed by a proper fourth game afterwards.

If I'd continue with the Spyro the Dragon franchise, the next game would be a half-remake, half-reimaging of A Hero's Tail, but with changes to the cast and plot to remain faithful to how they are portrayed in the Reignited Trilogy.

Game sequels I want, but that I'll never see? Bully 2. The original was my favorite PS2 game and it still holds a special place in my heart today. It is intriguing, however, that Rockstar released the game for multiple platforms, and that over the years there have been several rumors of a sequel being developed, which, unfortunately, never came to fruition.

Game Series sequels I want, but that I'll never see? BOF 6. Yes, 6, because the mobile game doesn't count for me, and for any respectable citizen. I wouldn't, though, mind a Remake of the previous games either, in fact I think I'd even prefer them over a new entry.

Game sequels I want and hope to see one day? The Wolf Among Us 2. The first one is my favorite Telltale Game, as well as a grit and diverse "fairy tale". The sequel has long been promised but, as of yet, has yet to be released.

Series/Movies/Anime I want, but that I'll never see? I would like a new movie or even a Vampire Hunter D animation Series. The Novels are really good, as are the movies, especially the second one. Unfortunately, for some incomprehensible and intangible reason, there never was a third.

Last edited:
Command and conquer generals 2 :(
Generals has and always will be the best RTS I've ever played. I have so much nostalgia for that game, Zero Hour is a great addition aswell.

My own submission would be Sleeping Dogs, or even just the same style of game in a different city really. I love that game.

I think Fashion Dreamer is supposed to be Style Savvy on the Switch, it's developed by Syn Sophia.
I think I’ve heard that name before, and I just googled it, it looks pretty good.

I don’t have it, but now I really want to get it…if I even had enough money for it, it’s almost $50.

i agree with a lot of these but i gotta toss one of the more obvious ones out there: darkstalkers.
capcom just released all of the old entries, even the japan-exclusives, in a bundle. they haven't forgotten about it. they're just not giving us anything.
that being said, i don't even know how much i want a new darkstalkers if they don't update the sprites...

I would really love Earthbound to get a sequel. Chuggaaconroy pointed out in his LP that there was a sign in Fourside in Earthbound itself that a company is hiring for personnel to make Earthbound 2, but this was likely one of two things
1. A reference to Mother 3, which I hope is localized before I’m 50
Or 2. A joke

Back
Top Bottom