• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sequels you want that will (probably) never happen

A new DK game, plain and simple. Tropical Freeze is almost 10 years old and it's one of the best platformers I've ever played in my opinion. Tight controls, solid difficulty curve, atmospheric music and great level design, it has it all. Honestly, if they just kept the same stuff they did with Tropical Freeze but built a new game around it, I'd buy it. I'm probably like the only person who'd vouch for a new DKC game, but a guy can dream, right?

Other than that, while not technically a sequel, a remastered/HD remake of the original Wii Sports would be neat to see, or perhaps a Wii Sports + Resort bundle. This probably won't happen either because Switch Sports exists, but I'm not touching that game with a 10 foot pole, just not for me.

I want a new ōkami game. It's never going to happen with the original game being a financial failure and all, but I would lose my mind

Not a sequel but I need a remake of paper Mario: colour splash

its new ish so even if it doesn’t happen soon, the game wasnt very well received so it’s pretty unlikely
How about you try playing the remake of The Thousand Year Door when it comes out this year instead? Trust me, if you thought Color Splash was good, this one will completely blow you away.

How about you try playing the remake of The Thousand Year Door when it comes out this year instead? Trust me, if you thought Color Splash was good, this one will completely blow you away.
Yup! I actually got a $100 bucks for Christmas so I can buy it when it comes out! I’m really excited for more paper Mario

Yup! I actually got a $100 bucks for Christmas so I can buy it when it comes out! I’m really excited for more paper Mario
Trust me, you won't be disappointed. It's one of the most legendary games I've ever played. I feel old saying this, but I played the original Thousand Year Door game on the GameCube way back when I was 10 about 19 years ago!

Edit: I'm also really glad that younger people like you who weren't around for or were too young to play the original Thousand Year Door on the Gamecube have the opportunity now to play this legendary game on a system so widely distributed as the Switch-you get to experience one of the greatest Mario games of all time, and truly one for the ages! :bulbaLove:

Last edited:
i agree with a lot of these but i gotta toss one of the more obvious ones out there: darkstalkers.
capcom just released all of the old entries, even the japan-exclusives, in a bundle. they haven't forgotten about it. they're just not giving us anything.
that being said, i don't even know how much i want a new darkstalkers if they don't update the sprites...
I'm honestly shocked they haven't just jammed Morrigan into the Street Fighter universe and called it a day. I know that wouldn't satisfy the diehards who want a full new game but she's easily the most popular character who has endured in the public consciousness long after the rest of the series has been (sadly) mostly forgotten

As for the thread prompt: Sonic Rush 3. "B-b-but Colors DS shouldn't you be asking for Rush 4 lolololol" No. I don't care how good it is as a 2d platformer, it does not have playable Blaze and is therefore a fake videogame. /hj Also Adventure ended on Marine having some vague implied Broly-esque hidden power and I am the only one who still cares about this in current year and wants it to be followed up on.

Been thinking about Mega Man Legends 3 lately. He's been stuck on the moon for almost 24 years...
I've avoided getting into Legends specifically because of 3 getting canceled, since I don't want to be disappointed by the cliffhanger ending :')

Back
Top Bottom