• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sequels you want that will (probably) never happen

Not a sequel but I need a remake of paper Mario: colour splash

its new ish so even if it doesn’t happen soon, the game wasnt very well received so it’s pretty unlikely
By any chance have you played Origami King? it's a lot closer to Colour Splash than TTYD and in my opinion; much more fun.

Are you saying Origami King is much more fun than TTYD, or Color Splash? BTW, have you ever played TTYD before?
Both.
I have played it (On original hardware in fact.) and I think that is isn't even as good as the first Paper Mario. (Which I do like)

I'm not going to get to much into it or we'll be here all day but I'll just say I prefer it when Mario is closer in style to its original world.

Both.
I have played it (On original hardware in fact.) and I think that is isn't even as good as the first Paper Mario. (Which I do like)

I'm not going to get to much into it or we'll be here all day but I'll just say I prefer it when Mario is closer in style to its original world.
Well, while I respect your opinion, I must say I respectfully disagree. (The original Paper Mario is a wonderful game though, I agree. Did you ever play Super Paper Mario for the Wii?)

I know I’m a broken record saying this but I’d give anything for XD Gale of Darkness and Battle Revolution to be revisited.

Pokemon aside, I’d love for Twilight Princess to get some sort of revisit as well, it’s a Zelda game close to me I feel wasn’t given enough justice. Billy Hatcher is another I kinda miss and would love to see a sequel of… hidden gem.

Well, while I respect your opinion, I must say I respectfully disagree. (The original Paper Mario is a wonderful game though, I agree. Did you ever play Super Paper Mario for the Wii?)
The only one I'm yet to play is Sticker Star, which I'll probably get to after I play through Pokemon Black 2. (I know its reputation, but I'm hopeful that I'll enjoy at least something about it.)

I think that Super Paper Mario is easily the worst out of the ones I've played. The gameplay is terrible and the story cannot be considered "the best Mario story of all time" because it simply doesn't use the Mario characters in any parts of the story that feel meaningful.

Also, Dimetio feels like a less funny Fawful. Though I do quite like Mimi and her chapter.

Maybe I am harsher than usual on this game because I played it at a bad time and now associate it with bad memories. I hope at least you had more fun with it than I did.

The only one I'm yet to play is Sticker Star, which I'll probably get to after I play through Pokemon Black 2. (I know its reputation, but I'm hopeful that I'll enjoy at least something about it.)

I think that Super Paper Mario is easily the worst out of the ones I've played. The gameplay is terrible and the story cannot be considered "the best Mario story of all time" because it simply doesn't use the Mario characters in any parts of the story that feel meaningful.

Also, Dimetio feels like a less funny Fawful. Though I do quite like Mimi and her chapter.

Maybe I am harsher than usual on this game because I played it at a bad time and now associate it with bad memories. I hope at least you had more fun with it than I did.
Wow. Yeah, you were harsher I think that almost anyone else I've ever talked to about it, damn. You'll understand then that, again, while I respect your opinion, I (respectfully) completely disagree with you on that one. Super Paper Mario is my absolute favorite Paper Mario game, I love so much about it, and have such fond and wonderful memories of it. So yeah, suffice it to say I had more fun with it than you did.

See, for reference, you're talking to someone who isn't all that crazy about traditional Mario games and really only likes the Mario RPG games.

See, for reference, you're talking to someone who isn't all that crazy about traditional Mario games and really only likes the Mario RPG games.
I guess that's our main difference, when I play a Mario game, I want the Mario world. I want to see Bowser be his brilliant self, I want to see the Toads make funny quips and I want to see the lesser used characters get the spotlight and get more fleshed out. (Such as Birdo.)

To bring things back to the threads topic, I really want a new to Pokken Tournament! I want to see who else they will make playable and whether we would get a new Shadow Mewtwo-like character.

I would also like to see a sequel to Hollow Knight. :shroomglad:

In terms of Pokemon; what I want above all is a revisit to Orre, even a momentary one. Pokemon Colosseum in particular was the very first Pokemon game I ever owned and played and I wished that the franchise will acknowledge the existence of the ever-imperfect, arid wasteland of Orre. The duology has plenty of issues and I guess I can understand that the atmosphere of the games doesn't quite fit the spirit of Pokemon, but that's what makes the games stand out all the more to me.

I'm on the camp that prefers the original Paper Mario trilogy and I stick by my preferences that they'd go back to the writing and gameplay style of those games.

Aside from that, Fossil Fighters deserves to be reappraised. The Nintendo Switch has touchscreen capabilities, but so little games appear to exploit it. Either the new FF reboot could stick by their traditional fossil-cleaning mechanics, with all the satisfaction you'd get from an immaculate cleaning session; or somehow make a similar mechanic that is just as fun.

Pokemon aside, I’d love for Twilight Princess to get some sort of revisit as well, it’s a Zelda game close to me I feel wasn’t given enough justice.
TP IS THE BEST ZELDA GAME IM NOT KIDDING

darkstalkers aside hell on earth is knowing that we r never getting any more punch-out content

Back
Top Bottom