• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.

Serena poster: real or fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name a more manly professor. I'll wait.
Reaction score
That's obviously fake, look at the outlines, and the hue is slightly off, it looks like it was cropped then pasted in.

Also, wouldn't she be in a more active pose? Or at least holding a rotom phone? And why is it the exact same piece of promotional material, only with Serena in it?

Last edited:
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That is incredibly fake. I'll give them credit for giving Serena a pretty good new outfit, but they clearly pasted it right in the middle of the official poster. As much as I'd like to see a proper female lead in PM, I don't think that they'll suddenly bring Serena back out of nowhere to fill that role.

Reaction score
That's obviously fake, look at the outlines, and the hue is slightly off, it looks like it was cropped then pasted in.

Also, wouldn't she be in a more active pose? Or at least holding a rotom phone? And why is it the exact same piece of promotional material, only with Serena in it?
Aside from that, the dead giveaway that its fake is that Pikachu and Raboot are missing, especially Pikachu as the mascot would be on a real poster.

Whoever has the gold makes the rules...
Reaction score
Aside from that, the dead giveaway that its fake is that Pikachu and Raboot are missing, especially Pikachu as the mascot would be on a real poster.
Something felt off about it other than Serena looking pasted in, but I couldn't pinpoint it until now! Pikachu would surely be there if it were real.

Mahou Shojo Luceda!
Reaction score
You must be new at this, TC. That's clearly fake. Some made a picture of Serena in Journeys' art-style, and inserted it into the poster for the series.

That said, I wouldn't mind a return. With all this globetrotting and the occasional old character, it's possible. Though in her case I'd say it's fairly low.

Though I would like an episode or two about her in a Contest. It bothers me greatly they set that up and NEVER did anything with it. Heck, for a while there I wondered if we'd get some Ash-free specials about it. Serena competing in Contests and having misadventures with Hoenn characters would've practically wrote itself...

Reaction score
Yeah, this is fake. Serena is not coming back in the Pokemon Anime.

Baby Boy Babies
Reaction score
Yeah, this is fake. Serena is not coming back in the Pokemon Anime.
In fairness, this current series gives her, as well as other past companions, their best chance of returning. Not as permanent characters, mind you, but for a handful of episodes or so. The world traveling angle makes that possibility much more realistic.

Doesn't make the poster itself any less fake, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.