• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Serena’s Pokémon teams in other regions

DigitalGen6

Amid the snow falling down in flakes from the sky
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
  2. They/Them
Because Serena came back in Journeys, and because I saw lots of fanart of her if she traveled to many other regions, I decided to make this (it was either this or the Project Mirai DX2 blog, but if I was making that, I would have to ask one of the BulbaBlogs admins since I feel a post about Project Mirai DX2 would be pretty off-topic, ngl).
Anyway, this is all of Serena’s teams if she went to different regions. (Also, if I highlight a region in a certain color, for example: Alola in blue or stuff similar to that (the only exception is Hisui), this is also specifying the game her adventure is based on).
Let’s start with her first team ever: Kalos.
IMG_2782.jpeg

Serena makes her debut in the Pokémon world in Pokémon XY. In the anime, her team is:
  • Fennekin → Braixen (→ Delphox)
    • Fennekin was obtained in XY003.
    • Fennekin became Braixen in XY064.
    • Braixen became Delphox after XY ended and before Journeys.
  • Pancham
    • Pancham was obtained in XY047.
    • Pancham never evolved.
  • Eevee → Sylveon
    • Eevee was obtained in XY089.
    • Eevee became Sylveon in XY105.
The Pokémon she leaves behind, are sent back to the Kalos region.

Hoenn
During Hoenn, she might be indecisive on what starter she can get. Later after meeting May, it looks like Serena now knows what starter she’s gonna get because a battle with May got her a lot of inspiration. Serena is also in Contests.

IMG_2784.jpeg

In short, her team will be:
  • Braixen → Delphox
    • Braixen will evolve, likely after Serena gets her third badge.
  • Pancham → Pangoro
    • Pancham will evolve, maybe after the fourth badge.
    • It also ends up leaving her team after the final Contest (more info below) so it can train with Brawly.
  • Sylveon
    • Used in Contests.
  • Torchic → Combusken
    • After befriending and battling May, Serena is impressed by Blaziken and its ability to Mega Evolve. When she learns this is Torchic’s last evolution, Serena becomes excited and picks Torchic as her starter.
    • Torchic wasn’t used very often, so it’s not going to evolve all the way. It only evolves to Combusken after the sixth badge.
  • Ralts → Kirlia → Gardevoir
    • Serena’s first Hoenn capture is Ralts.
    • After learning how it can evolve into a Gardevoir, Serena uses it a lot.
      • Because Diantha has Gardevoir so Serena wants one.
    • Ralts evolves into Kirlia after she gets her third badge.
    • Kirlia then turns into Gardevoir, about sometime after the sixth badge and a little before the seventh badge.
  • Swablu → Altaria
    • Before her fourth badge, Serena sees a Swablu and catches it.
    • Swablu becomes Altaria, about some time before she gets her final badge.
      • This also excites Serena as she has met Lisia before getting her third badge.
After she defeated the Elite Four, she ended up battling May and winning, then participated in a Contest with her and Lisia. After that, Serena left Hoenn to continue her adventures.

Alola Region
Serena would keep her Braixen and Sylveon on the team, but also has four more. She does the Island Challenge and brings Contests to Alola.
IMG_2785.jpeg

This time, her team is:
  • Delphox
  • Sylveon
  • Popplio → Brionne → Primarina
    • Popplio is obtained on Route 1.
    • It becomes Brionne in Akala Island.
    • Around Poni, it becomes Primarina.
  • Oricorio
    • Found on Melemele Meadow, starting out as a Yellow Oricorio.
    • In Akala, she learns more about all its form changes, then finds Pink Nectar and Oricorio becomes Pink.
    • In Ula’ula, she sees Red Nectar and feeds it to Oricorio so it becomes the Red Oricorio.
    • Finally, on Poni, Serena finds Purple Nectar, but doesn’t know if she’d like to feed Oricorio this, as she likes Red form, but also likes Pink and Yellow forms. After training and doing one of her Contests, Serena decided to turn the Oricorio into a Purple one, and it sticks.
  • Fomantis → Lurantis
    • Found during the Grass type trial.
    • It evolves sometime during Ula’ula.
    • Serena’s new main Contest dress is a Lurantis outfit (Luran outfit in USUM).
  • Ambipom
    • Found in Poni after a Pokémon calls it for help.
After finishing the Island Challenge, Serena will leave Alola and move onto another region.

Galar Region
Serena starts her Galar adventure but as there is no Contests in Galar, Serena decides to do the Gym Circuit. However, Delphox is left behind (as it’s not in the Galar Pokédex). So are Ambipom and Oricorio, unfortunately (for the same reason as Delphox).

IMG_2786.jpeg

Her team is:
  • Sylveon
  • Primarina
  • Lurantis
  • Grookey → Thwackey → Rillaboom
    • Serena’s Galar starter.
    • Lurantis has a tiny crush on it a while after it evolves into a Thwackey.
  • Milcery → Alcremie
    • Serena’s first catch in Galar.
    • Sometime in the adventure, it evolves into an Alcremie. What it looks like is:
      • Rainbow Cream
      • Love Sweet
  • Ponyta → Rapidash (both Galarian)
    • Serena’s second catch in Galar.
    • Caught in Glimwood Tangle.
After losing to Leon, Serena decides to go back to Kalos to train more and reunites with some of her Pokémon.

Hisui Region
I just couldn’t resist doing this. Here we go.
Sylveon gets to stay. However, everyone else is left behind (since they don’t appear in the Hisui Pokédex). Serena is teleported back in time.
Two of her Pokémon in Alola and Hoenn return.

IMG_2787.jpeg

Her team is:
  • Sylveon
  • Buneary → Lopunny
    • Serena’s first catch.
    • One of Gardevoir’s two best friends.
  • Ambipom
    • Traveled with Serena to Hisui.
  • Petilil → Lilligant (Hisuian)
    • Serena’s second catch.
    • One of Gardevoir’s two best friends.
    • Is the tomboy to Gardevoir’s girly girl.
  • Gardevoir
    • Traveled with Serena to Hisui.
  • Togekiss
    • Found as a Togepi
    • Evolved into Togetic sometime in the adventure.
After Serena’s adventure, she is sent back to the present.
Paldea Region
Yet again, no Contests. After learning about an intriguing thing called Terastallization, she gets excited about it and wants to try it out.
Unfortunately, many are left behind (except for Sylveon), but then a familiar face comes back.

IMG_2788.jpeg

Her team is:
  • Delphox
    • Tera: Fire
  • Sylveon
    • Tera: Fairy
  • Sprigatito → Floragato → Meowscarada
    • Serena’s Paldea starter.
    • Tera: Grass
  • Scatterbug → Spewpa → Vivillon
    • Serena’s first catch.
    • Tera: Bug
  • Dondozo
    • Serena’s second catch.
    • Caught during a Fishing trip and also saved from Pokémon poachers.
    • Tera: Water
  • Iron Valiant
    • After she befriends Iron Valiant, she’s reminded of Gardevoir (which is back in Kalos) and decides to catch it.
    • Tera: Fighting
  • Miraidon
    • Serena’s ride Pokémon. Despite the fact it’s not on this team (due to her having six Pokémon already), it’s still one of her companions in Paldea.
What do you think? All criticisms welcome, and I also realized she is able to bring Hisuian Lilligant to Paldea, but then I made it where she chooses not to.

Last edited:
I think it’s interesting how Pangoro leaves as it’s not really associated with contests as it’s big and mean though, I feel like that’s a repeat of Ambipom’s release where it finds a new passion and leaves.

I feel like it’s kind of silly to leave Delphox behind when going to Galar. Because Ash was able to bring Pikachu to Unova, Alain brought Chesnaught to Galar, and mega evolution was in the Masters Eight Tournament.

I could see her not bringing Delphox to Hisui mainly because they could get separated in time.

I do understand that this is mainly focused on Pokémon, but what happened with her Idol Duo with Lisia in this universe? And also, why doesn’t Serena go to Sinnoh for contests? I’d think she’d do that after Hoenn or Alola.

You definitely put a lot of work into making this list. Though, I also think that doing this was also pretty fun, right? I definitely enjoy making lists like this, and I really hope you did have fun making this.

I feel like it’s kind of silly to leave Delphox behind when going to Galar. Because Ash was able to bring Pikachu to Unova, Alain brought Chesnaught to Galar, and mega evolution was in the Masters Eight Tournament.
The reason Delphox was left behind was it was not in SwSh (which is sad. I legit thought Kalos mons would be in it, but then I guess not).
I do understand that this is mainly focused on Pokémon, but what happened with her Idol Duo with Lisia in this universe? And also, why doesn’t Serena go to Sinnoh for contests? I’d think she’d do that after Hoenn or Alola.
Alternate universe thing.
I was going in games order (BDSP being an exception as I had literally no idea what Pokémon she would have lol).
You definitely put a lot of work into making this list. Though, I also think that doing this was also pretty fun, right? I definitely enjoy making lists like this, and I really hope you did have fun making this.
I sure did! In fact, it’s one of my best projects yet (at least, this year lmao).
I might make another one of these in the future which will be fun.

Last edited:
And here’s Serena’s Sinnoh team! I based it on Trainer’s Collection team, replacing Klefki with Lopunny (and not to mention she’d probably have Lopunny be her new ace since Delphox’s gone… Delphox isn’t even in BDSP).
Lucario’s from the Pokémon-Amie official art (as Riolu).
IMG_4671.jpeg

Anyway, here it is!
  • Pachirisu
  • Lopunny
  • Glameow → Purugly
  • Riolu → Lucario
  • Girafarig
  • Torchic
I don’t know what her team in the other regions (Kanto, Johto and Unova) would be lol.
Edit: Yes, I do! (Kanto)
IMG_4672.jpeg

Here it is! Eevee because LGE (I have that version, so I’m basing it off of that version). Pikachu and Diglett are from the aforementioned Pokémon-Amie official art, Rhyhorn’s from Pokémon Day art, Clefable from Trainer’s Collection, and Blastoise from the encountering Yveltal art.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom