• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Serperior vs Rhyperior

Reaction score
497.gif
VS
464f.gif

Why these two? Well, because their names rhyme, so they have something in common. Alright, let's get down to business with some questions to decide your choice:

• Who is the more useful Pokemon?
  • Who has the better design?
  • Who has the better pre-evolutions?
  • Who will be the winner between them?
  • Who do you like?

Thanks for reading.

Who is the more useful Pokemon?
Serperior, in my opinion. It's quite fast and hits hard especially with stat boost moves and critical hit moves such as Leaf Blade.

Who has the better design?
Serperior all the way, though Rhyperior looks pretty cool too.

Who has the better pre-evolutions?
I prefer Serperior's evolution line since Snivy is my favorite Pokémon.

Who will be the winner between them?
Definitely Serperior. It's faster and has the type advantage.

Who do you like?
Serperior.

Ingame? Defenately Serperior, mainly due to the numerous Water types that plague Rhyperior. Competitively though, Serperior is, in my opinion, overated. I'd rather take Rhyperior, as people don't usually expect him (This comes from past experiences).

Not sure. Rhyperior is a tank, but Serperior is pretty damn cool as well.

I actually really like Rhyperior's line. It's one of my favourites.

Depends whether Serperior can OHKO, and lets remember Solid Rock. If Serperior doesn't kill it first off, Rhyperior will simply Megahorn it to death.

Who do you like?
Rhyperior.

Serperior as he is versatile while Rhyperior is too slow and has 2 double-weakness so he is out of the question

Who has the better design? Serperior easily wins this one , his design is an improvement over Servine while Rhyperior didn't look as good as Rhydon and Rhyperior looks fat to me . Serperior is the serpent of Eden . WIN

Who has the better pre-evolutions? Serperior easily wins this one again .
Snivy beats Rhydon .

Who will be the winner between them? Since Serperior can strike first , it'll use STAB Leaf Storm and KO Rhyperior easily.

Who do you like? Serperior as he is my favorite Grass-type Pokemon and my favorite Unova starter .

Serperior is a starter and all while Rhyperior has some pretty great attack and defense. I'd say it's a tie.

Serperior all the way.

Rhydon does have the distinction for being the first Pokemon created and all, but other than that, I never really cared for them. Snivy FTW.

Contrary Leaf Storm. That is all.

Who do you like?

Serperior.

Definitely Superior. He has a very unique design, and makes a powerful wall.

Rhyperior is good for a few roles on a team with its massive attack,def and HP and good move pool.

The only down side is the typing is not good for walls but its good for attacking as it gets two great STABs and if its hit by one special attack of water or grass type its dead for sure unless its under a sandstorm then it might be able to take the hit and its special def and speed just suck.

But ill chose it as I think there is more good then bad for it and its a monster on a trick room team.

Serperior looks cool, but other than that, he is terrible. I'm going with rhyperior

Rhyperior.
I just love it.

Its typing and design are very cool.

I also like Serperior, but there's no contest between the two for me.

Rhyperior. Never really used it in battle before, but given what I know about it Rhyperior is a definate powerhouse. Even with it's double weakness to Grass and Water, Solid Rock reduces the damage and it's almost inpenetrable on the Physical side because of it.

Poor grass snake can't even defend itself for crying out loud. Despite it's Defense it gets KO'd with ease and even with the Speed it has it just can't hit hard enough to get rid of opponents.

Tie.

Rhyperior. I just don't like Servine in comparison to Rhydon.

Rhyperior will crush the thing no matter what is may seem. When Sand Storm is running, absolutely NOTHING Serperior does can dent it at all. It takes all of it's Physical attacks like NOTHING without the aid of Sandstorm as well. Besides, Rhyperior has Megahorn to one shot any Psychic, Drak, and Grass type that doesn't resist Bug. Serperior happens to be pure Grass and thus doomed by this one move.
Who do you like?
Rhyperior.

Last edited:
Rhyperior.
Serperior.
Serperior.
Serperior.
Who do you like?
Serperior.

I guess my vote is obvious.

Rhyperior is an unnecesary evolution in my opinion and I don't like it's design in comparison to Rhydon and Serperior would just send Rhyperior back to the non-existance by Leaf Storm since Rhyperior has crap Spef and double weakness .

Rhyperior
Rhperior
Serperior
Serperior
Who do you like?
Rhyperior

So it is Rhyperior for me.

1. Rhyperior for now, it has a better movepool than Serperior.

2. Serperior, snakes are cool and incredibly unpredictable.

3. Rhyperior, since it still kicks arse as Rhydon in the past.

4. Rhyperior, neither of Serperiors offensive stats are capable enough to OHKO it with STAB, especially with Solid Rock.

5. Serperior, I just wish it could've been a better battler.

Rhyperior shoots rocks out of his palms. Does Serperior shoot rocks out of his palms? Wait, Serperior doesn't even have palms.

Who is the more useful Pokemon? Rhyperior, Serperior really sucks.

Who has the better design? Still Rhyperior, though I prefer Rhydon.

Who has the better pre-evolutions? As I just mentioned, I prefer Rhydon.

Who will be the winner between them? I'm not sure. Leaf Storm might OHKO him, but that's probably the only thing that could. Rhyperior does have good HP and Solid Rock, and if he survives he'd OHKO Serperior with Megahorn.

Who do you like? Rhydon. I mean Rhyperior. :p

Rhyperior. I haven't actually used Contrary Serperior yet, but I'm sure its poor special movepool would still badly hurt its effectiveness. Rhyperior is an excellent physical-tank, and whilst it's awful at handling special attackers of any kind, that's what you have other Pokemon for.

Rhyperior again. It just looks so badass, you can tell just by looking at it that it's the second-strongest physical Pokemon after Groudon. And those elbows, damn, I would hate to be nudged by them.

Rhyperior once more. Rhydon probably didn't even need an evolution, it can certainly dish out plenty of pain itself.

Probably Serperior, due to the huge type advantage and much higher speed. Even if Rhyperior does manage to hit it with Mega Horn, Serperior should have the defence to survive.

Who do you like?
I love them both, but Rhyperior is my overall favourite for proving that just about any Pokemon could gain future evolutions in later games, a thought that greatly excites me.

Rhyperior, by far.

Serperior

Snivy>Rhyhorn, but Servine<Rhydon, so I guess it's a draw.

Fun Fact:

Special Attacking Serperior (Overgrow) Leaf Storm vs Specially Defensive Rhyperior (Solid Rock) under a Sandstorm: 82.95%-98.39%

The very, very, very best special tank Rhyperior still almost gets OHKO'd by a standard offensive Serperior without Contrary.

Now, given that nobody in their right mind will ever use a Specially defensive Rhyperior, ever, Serperior does outspeed and OHKO 99% of the time, meaning that this question heavily favors Serperior. Just sayin'

Who do you like?
Serperior.

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom