• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Sevii Islands in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Introducing Unown to Johto actually makes no sense, at least in terms of what they have introduced for them in their backstory(what little there is). Sinnoh is the only region to have em because of the ties to the midway point to Johto, much like Sevii likely has them because that's likely where they originated. That is the only thing I have to say about this debate you guys are having, only because everything else is just going to circle around. I'm personally for the islands, but for different reasons then mentioned. Anyway, what's really so bad about them being placed in the game? It offers content, something different, and the Pokedex discussion is also pointless. If the Hoenn Dex itself will feature more Pokemon then before, how would the Islands themselves serve as the way to expand them, when you know, they will likely be under the National Dex?

The mention of "Desert Underpass" should've hinted to you that the ruins would be underground, and thus not visible on the map.
Right, but one thing that recent games have done that they could use Desert Underpass for is distributing National Dex fossils, so it could still serve a purpose. Maybe if you could obtain fossils in some way (Rock Smash perhaps) in the area where you obtained the other fossil in Emerald.
So where's the Mirage Tower? Would they only bring back the Desert Underpass? And how many underground locations do we need in a single region?

which is a pretty likely scenario from the looks of it,
The looks of what? There was no sign of the Sevii Islands during the FRLG pre-release coverage until two weeks before the release.

mainly regarding game size, level pacing, and time constraints (which are probably reasons why XY doesn't have a large post game either).
ORAS will probably use a 4GB cartridge, meaning twice the space of XY. Level pacing is a non-issue (the Sevii Islands worked just fine in FRLG) and time constraints are irrelevant when we don't even know when the ORAS development started. XY were the first entries in a new generation, and we all know that the new content takes priority for such releases at the expense of varied post-game content. ORAS have yet to introduce anything new barring the Mega Evolutions.

Mitzman! said:
If the Hoenn Dex itself will feature more Pokemon then before, how would the Islands themselves serve as the way to expand them, when you know, they will likely be under the National Dex?
The argument being made is that the Hoenn Dex is unlikely to change much, so the majority of Pokémon will be relegated to the post-game segment.

Right, but one thing that recent games have done that they could use Desert Underpass for is distributing National Dex fossils, so it could still serve a purpose. Maybe if you could obtain fossils in some way (Rock Smash perhaps) in the area where you obtained the other fossil in Emerald.
So where's the Mirage Tower? Would they only bring back the Desert Underpass? And how many underground locations do we need in a single region?

I just searched for the map art of Emerald, and Mirage Tower wasn't on that either. Mirage Island doesn't seem to be on the map either, so either both locations got scrapped, or GF choose not to show it on the map (both/either might still be cancelled, but point is, absence of 'secret' locations on the map is no prove they'r no longer in the game)

As for the Sevii Islands. I'm a fan of them and I would love to see them back, but they were created to compliment Kanto, so I think they just wouldn't fit ORAS/Hoenn very well. Hoenn itself is already made up of several islands, has similar landmarks, and harbours a lot of things Hoenn already had/has (such as Trainer Tower and the Day-Care) and I think they'd have to change it significantly to make it feel like a proper post-game area. I'd rather see they save the Sevii Islands for a Kanto remake/sequel (though I hope that's gonna take a long time)

And granted, if they put Unown in the game and it's not in Desert Underpass, it's probably gonna be on an island. Half of Hoenn is Islands and there's no real suitable place on the mainland

As for where all those other Pokémon or gonna be placed? I'm actually still wondering why everyone seems to think we're getting just as big a dex as XY had, even post-game. Obviously, a lot of Pokémon are gonna be available (at least the ones we still can't get in XY), but besides that, they don't necessarily have to put in any others (though I do hope they do)

Things like the Dongle-method and Hoenn/Sinnoh Sound should not be the main method to obtain more Pokémon post-game, but I think we're just gonna find quite a few in areas not accessible during the main game, like what happened in BW with Pinwheel Forest and Challengers Cave

Last edited:

Mirage Tower doesn't need to show up.

Level pacing is a non-issue (the Sevii Islands worked just fine in FRLG).

It's an issue if they keep XY's Exp. Share. The Exp. Share caused a major problem with level pacing in XY where if you visited every area in the game and battled every trainer, you ended up 10 levels higher than the Elite 4 in that region, which was already the highest level Elite 4 in history. If we can get to Lv. 70 from a medium size region like Kalos, what do you think will happen if we get Hoenn + Sevii Islands? We'd reach Lv. 100 before we're done.

Things like the Dongle-method and Hoenn/Sinnog Sound should be the main method to obtain more Pokémon post-game, but I think we're just gonna find quite a few in areas not accessible during the main game, like what happened in BW with Pinwheel Forest and Challengers Cave

And where would these post game areas be? There aren't many opportunities for new areas on the map.

Mirage Tower doesn't need to show up.

Level pacing is a non-issue (the Sevii Islands worked just fine in FRLG).

It's an issue if they keep XY's Exp. Share. The Exp. Share caused a major problem with level pacing in XY where if you visited every area in the game and battled every trainer, you ended up 10 levels higher than the Elite 4 in that region, which was already the highest level Elite 4 in history. If we can get to Lv. 70 from a medium size region like Kalos, what do you think will happen if we get Hoenn + Sevii Islands? We'd reach Lv. 100 before we're done.

Things like the Dongle-method and Hoenn/Sinnoh Sound should not be the main method to obtain more Pokémon post-game, but I think we're just gonna find quite a few in areas not accessible during the main game, like what happened in BW with Pinwheel Forest and Challengers Cave

And where would these post game areas be? There aren't many opportunities for new areas on the map.

Indeed, there isn't very much room, but I could potentially see them add to Petalburgwoods, maybe Granite Cave, (as it already has been shown to be redesigned), maybe Mt. Chimney? Smaller new areas all integrated in old areas.

And indeed, there's not a lot of space on the map, but I can see them expand the Battle Frontier as well, creating more space for Pokémon in the National Dex. They might even repurpose Mirage Island, and put entirely different Pokémon on there

It's not that I wouldn't want to see the Sevii Islands back, but it just doesn't seem like a logical solution, considering they mainly existed to give Kanto the facilities Hoenn already had. So they would have to change them a lot to really add to Hoenn (apart from creating more space for pokémon)

Indeed, there isn't very much room, but I could potentially see them add to Petalburgwoods, maybe Granite Cave, (as it already has been shown to be redesigned), maybe Mt. Chimney? Smaller new areas all integrated in old areas.

And indeed, there's not a lot of space on the map, but I can see them expand the Battle Frontier as well, creating more space for Pokémon in the National Dex. They might even repurpose Mirage Island, and put entirely different Pokémon on there

It's not that I wouldn't want to see the Sevii Islands back, but it just doesn't seem like a logical solution, considering they mainly existed to give Kanto the facilities Hoenn already had. So they would have to change them a lot to really add to Hoenn (apart from creating more space for pokémon)

Oh no, I agree with you about the Sevii Islands. But I'm skeptical of there being new post game areas in the first place considering how post game was handled in XY, even for a beginning of generation game, it's post game was pretty minimal. I'm thinking there might be some reason for that that might still apply to ORAS as well. I suppose some of the suggestions you listed are still possible, but off hand, taking into account XY's post game and what we can see of the map in ORAS, it's hard to be optimistic about post game areas.

Oh no, I agree with you about the Sevii Islands. But I'm skeptical of there being new post game areas in the first place considering how post game was handled in XY, even for a beginning of generation game, it's post game was pretty minimal. I'm thinking there might be some reason for that that might still apply to ORAS as well. I suppose some of the suggestions you listed are still possible, but off hand, taking into account XY's post game and what we can see of the map in ORAS, it's hard to be optimistic about post game areas.

I can imagine... And I don't expect a lot of new areas either. As to why, I wouldn't know. My main concern would still be that there doesn't seem to be a lot of room for National Dex Pokémon. If Sevii Islands are not an option and post-game areas don't seem to be an option either,... well, they have to leave them somewhere

On the other hand, they don't have to make such an extreme amount of Pokémon available as XY had either, cause mostly different games seem to compliment each other (or at least are supposed to, there's quite a bit of overlapping now with the enormous Kalos Dex)

On the other hand, they don't have to make such an extreme amount of Pokémon available as XY had either, cause mostly different games seem to compliment each other (or at least are supposed to, there's quite a bit of overlapping now with the enormous Kalos Dex)

Eh, I don't think that would be very fair if XY had double the amount of Pokemon as ORAS. That's not to say they need to have just as many Pokemon as XY, a little less would be fine (like, somewhere around 500), but there should still be a comparable amount of Pokemon. If we have 600 Pokemon in XY, and only about 300 in ORAS, it feels like you're getting cheated.

Last edited:
But I'm skeptical of there being new post game areas in the first place considering how post game was handled in XY, even for a beginning of generation game, it's post game was pretty minimal.

Am I the only one who enjoyed the Looker missions? I mean, yes. They were too short, but that seems to be the only thing anyone focuses on anymore. Honestly, Emma and Looker were the most fleshed out characters I've seen in Pokémon since Cheren, Bianca and N! I loved the post-game and my only regret is that you can't continue doing randomized missions that Emma/Essentia gives you. :'(

Also to answer the point of this thread, I'm here for the Sevii Islands. But it's implied that Hoenn is West of Johto while Sevii is South of Kanto and North of the Orange Archipelago... Meaning Sevii is extremely far from Hoenn.

How about including Holon instead? Aside from the Southern Islands (which are part of the Orange Islands) and the Decolore Archipelago, Holon is the only region to be introduced in any non-video game form of Pokémon media (the TCG) and not be included in a game at all. I think it would make a great post-game area, especially since the scientists on there are searching for Mew and its location is never stated (although fans believe it to be North of Kanto...)

The only legitimate Mew that can be caught from the wild in any game is in Emerald, a Hoenn-centric game. Also, the Holon scientists could have ties to Mr. Fuji and Giovanni, and since Kanto and Hoenn are contemporary, the Holon post-game could show the player some info on the creation of Mewtwo (placing Hoenn before Kanto in the timeline) and maybe even allow the player to witness the creation of Deoxys (the laser that transforms it from a bacteria to a Pokémon could be from Holon). It fits and then Sevii can be saved for and used in the next Kanto games (hopefully sequels where you can access Kanto, Johto, Orange, Sevii and Holon and fight Red, Blue AND Leaf. I'm not here for remakes. Again.)

Am I the only one who enjoyed the Looker missions? I mean, yes. They were too short, but that seems to be the only thing anyone focuses on anymore. Honestly, Emma and Looker were the most fleshed out characters I've seen in Pokémon since Cheren, Bianca and N! I loved the post-game and my only regret is that you can't continue doing randomized missions that Emma/Essentia gives you. :'(

Whether or not the Looker mission are fun has nothing to do with it, my point is that XY had very few areas to explore in its post game, and based on that and the lack of space for new areas leads me to believe that ORAS won't have much either.

How about including Holon instead? Aside from the Southern Islands (which are part of the Orange Islands) and the Decolore Archipelago, Holon is the only region to be introduced in any non-video game form of Pokémon media (the TCG) and not be included in a game at all. I think it would make a great post-game area, especially since the scientists on there are searching for Mew and its location is never stated (although fans believe it to be North of Kanto...)

The only legitimate Mew that can be caught from the wild in any game is in Emerald, a Hoenn-centric game. Also, the Holon scientists could have ties to Mr. Fuji and Giovanni, and since Kanto and Hoenn are contemporary, the Holon post-game could show the player some info on the creation of Mewtwo (placing Hoenn before Kanto in the timeline) and maybe even allow the player to witness the creation of Deoxys (the laser that transforms it from a bacteria to a Pokémon could be from Holon). It fits and then Sevii can be saved for and used in the next Kanto games (hopefully sequels where you can access Kanto, Johto, Orange, Sevii and Holon and fight Red, Blue AND Leaf. I'm not here for remakes. Again.)

Oh God, don't tell me you're on Team Delta Species? Okay look, Holon and the whole Delta Species thing was a TCG gimmick and it wouldn't really translate into the games that well. And even if it did, they wouldn't add something so game changing until next gen. Let it go, it's not happening.

Whether or not the Looker mission are fun has nothing to do with it, my point is that XY had very few areas to explore in its post game, and based on that and the lack of space for new areas leads me to believe that ORAS won't have much either.

Oh God, don't tell me you're on Team Delta Species? Okay look, Holon and the whole Delta Species thing was a TCG gimmick and it wouldn't really translate into the games that well. And even if it did, they wouldn't add something so game changing until next gen. Let it go, it's not happening.

Team what? It was just a suggestion, yikes. Why so touchy? I just looked through the list of regions and picked the first one I saw that wasn't in any game. Plus, who's saying anything about adding Delta Species to the games, I just meant the region... But whatever. I don't even play the TCG, so it's not like I know what those things even are.

Team what? It was just a suggestion, yikes. Why so touchy? I just looked through the list of regions and picked the first one I saw that wasn't in any game. Plus, who's saying anything about adding Delta Species to the games, I just meant the region... But whatever. I don't even play the TCG, so it's not like I know what those things even are.

You have no idea how many people have suggested that Delta Species is going to be in ORAS because of the Delta Emerald trademark, it's ridiculous. As for what it is, Delta Species is basically a TCG gimmick where Pokemon can take on different types from what they normally do. So for instance, you could get a Fire type Kirlia or an Electric type Rayquaza. A tantalizing concept admittedly, but like I said, it wouldn't translate well into the game. In the TCG they can just BS whatever moves they want and they can do whatever they want as far as typing, but in the games, this would require entirely different movesets for them to take advantage of their type change, or they would have to do something more based in existing movesets (like say, Poison type Seismitoad), which wouldn't really be interesting in the first place.

At any rate, they pretty much just made up Holon as a sort of backstory for the new mechanic, I don't expect us to ever visit it.

You have no idea how many people have suggested that Delta Species is going to be in ORAS because of the Delta Emerald trademark, it's ridiculous. As for what it is, Delta Species is basically a TCG gimmick where Pokemon can take on different types from what they normally do. So for instance, you could get a Fire type Kirlia or an Electric type Rayquaza. A tantalizing concept admittedly, but like I said, it wouldn't translate well into the game. In the TCG they can just BS whatever moves they want and they can do whatever they want as far as typing, but in the games, this would require entirely different movesets for them to take advantage of their type change, or they would have to do something more based in existing movesets (like say, Poison type Seismitoad), which wouldn't really be interesting in the first place.

At any rate, they pretty much just made up Holon as a sort of backstory for the new mechanic, I don't expect us to ever visit it.

Oh. That sucks. I thought it'd be a really cool tie-in to Emerald's Mew event and Kanto's Mew backstory since the Bulbapedia page says Holon itself was founded solely for the capture and study of Mew. But yeah, if its introduction brings in these Delta thingies, then no thank you. That seems like a lot of craziness.

Holon is most likely unrelated to Mew's story from the games, as it doesn't appear to be based on Guyana and no mention of Dr. Fuji was made in the TCG. Also, the Sevii Islands are far closer to Hoenn than Faraway Island (which is probably part of Guyana) is. FRLG didn't even establish where the Sevii Islands were in relation to Kanto; it was an anime-related map that did.

I would like to have an area like that but not the sevii islands, give me something new to explore I would be surprised if this game didn't have a post game region FRLG had the sevii islands and HGSS had Kanto ORAS needs some sort of post game region. And if they were going to add the sevii islands anywhere it should have been HGSS not in ORAS although it could work I don't see it happening

I highly doubt any of this will happen. But that doesn't it isn't an awesome idea that I fully support and should happen.

It would be awesome if Red battled with his Mega Charizard X, and maybe Mew?

Red's signature is his light ball Pikachu. There are about four different Reds: the Origins one (who has a Jolteon, not a Pikachu, and only one starter) is distinct from the protagonist of RBY that you battle at Mt Silver. Also, I'm not going to object to more content, but I'm a bit tired of Kanto personally. GF have talented level designers, so it'd be nice to see something new post-game.

It would be awesome if Red battled with his Mega Charizard X, and maybe Mew?

Red's signature is his light ball Pikachu. There are about four different Reds: the Origins one (who has a Jolteon, not a Pikachu, and only one starter) is distinct from the protagonist of RBY that you battle at Mt Silver. Also, I'm not going to object to more content, but I'm a bit tired of Kanto personally. GF have talented level designers, so it'd be nice to see something new post-game.
He actually does catch his Pikachu in the final episode of Origins, but yeah they are different, but it would be cool if he mega evolved one of his pokemon

And something new would be nice, but I'll still always love Kanto over the other regions, and I love it when they have references, characters, etc. referring to Kanto

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom